Puppies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any advice on stopping dogs cocking their leg inside? My 8 month male Brussels griffon just started after spending Xmas day at my parents (they have a 7 year old yorkie). He hasn’t had full access to the whole house unless supervised but now whenever he gets a chance to leg it out the kitchen he does it on anything lying around (laundry bag, daughters large toy, Xmas tree, outdoor sofa cushions we brought indoors).

He’s getting neutered next month.

Any advice on stopping dogs cocking their leg inside? My 8 month male Brussels griffon just started after spending Xmas day at my parents (they have a 7 year old yorkie). He hasn’t had full access to the whole house unless supervised but now whenever he gets a chance to leg it out the kitchen he does it on anything lying around (laundry bag, daughters large toy, Xmas tree, outdoor sofa cushions we brought indoors).

He’s getting neutered next month.
Back to basics, take him out regularly make sure he has emptied himself so to speak so there is nothing left. It may calm down with time after being away. Also try and not leave anything on the floor he can wee on for now.

Ive never neutered any of my male dogs and had no leg cocking issues indoors although one would mark for great britain out of the house 🙄

Reactions: 1
IMG_5365.jpeg
IMG_5352.jpeg

Little Ruben is home 🥰 put him in his playpen and he got into his crate (next to his bed think he is too small to get in it so might need a new one 😅). So I put him in the bed, locked crate and turned the lights off and left him to see what he’d do. No crying yet. Leaving him for 10 minutes and then I’ll go get him but I think that’s a good sign 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Im in panic mode as I’ve just discovered my pup has eaten a large bar of milk chocolate. She seems fine but should I be worried?

• Heart
Im in panic mode as I’ve just discovered my pup has eaten a large bar of milk chocolate. She seems fine but should I be worried?
I would call the vet, they will use pups weight and the amount & type of chocolate eaten to calculate the risk and whether they want to see her to make her sick.

Definitely phone the vets, even for reassurance. Hopefully pup will be fine though!

As others have said, definitely phone the vet.

My dog did similar and when I phoned the vet they asked for specific details of which chocolate and quantity he'd eaten, and said if it were dark chocolate he'd eaten they would be more concerned (as it's the high cocoa content which is an issue) but as it was a milk chocolate they left me to monitor him at home and if I had any further concern to take him right in. He was absolutely fine but definitely give them a call just in case!

Reactions: 2
Thanks guys, will do - I’ve done a million of the online calculators which looks at her weight and size against the type of chocolate (milk) and it looks like she’ll be fine. This happened a few hours ago and she lapped down a lot of water afterwards and then went on a long walk - nothing out of the ordinary at the moment but just lots of energy! Will keep monitoring her to see any changes.

I'm sorry but why would your reaction be to post on Tattle about this and not just ring your vet.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Neville Longbottom is home. Finally flat out in his playpen after following me everywhere 😂
He’s very cute though. Older dog is curious but slightly indifferent at the moment.
Helpfully husband has a meeting the other side of the country so I’m on my own for the night.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm sorry but why would your reaction be to post on Tattle about this and not just ring your vet.
Erm I was asking for advice in case anyone had been through something similar before I rang the vets (as she seemed absolutely fine).

no issues at all, so I’m wondering if she even ate the chocolate or just found the wrapper.

thanks though!

If you dont have it yet, tell whoever is putting it down that you have a dog or will be getting a dog.

This will ensure they dig it out properly and layer it with the right stuff. Also provide the grass that doesnt heat up in the sun and burn paws.

Spring to autumn you will need to wash it down and disinfect to stop it smelling

• Heart
Hi. 10 days in with puppy and going ok! Obviously had a few wobbles and 'what have I done' moments but day 10 certainly better than day 2!
Anyway, just looking for some advice about toileting at night. At the moment, he is in a crate in the room next to me. The last few nights he has only woken up once. He's then pee'd either in my room or the floor in his and gone back to sleep. I've woken up too late to get him outside so I've just gone back to sleep. Is it going to matter with his toilet training? I'm not allowing him to pee inside as such, I'm just not quick enough to get to him first! I'm loathe to set an alarm to let him out as I wouldn't know what time,and the fact he has settled himself the last few nights is a good thing I think,?

Hi. 10 days in with puppy and going ok! Obviously had a few wobbles and 'what have I done' moments but day 10 certainly better than day 2!
Anyway, just looking for some advice about toileting at night. At the moment, he is in a crate in the room next to me. The last few nights he has only woken up once. He's then pee'd either in my room or the floor in his and gone back to sleep. I've woken up too late to get him outside so I've just gone back to sleep. Is it going to matter with his toilet training? I'm not allowing him to pee inside as such, I'm just not quick enough to get to him first! I'm loathe to set an alarm to let him out as I wouldn't know what time,and the fact he has settled himself the last few nights is a good thing I think,?
Regardless of him settling himself you should be setting an alarm and waking up during the night.

Reactions: 4
You need to be setting an alarm before he normally wakes during the night and taking him out, don’t wait until he wakes and instantly has to go.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.