Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hilbil21

I thought reception was like Primary 1 up here and now up here you can defer that further than you used to be able to. My friends wee boy is going to be 6 in October and starting p1 in August

She's still a cunt.
It’s kind of like half and half because the dates work differently. I have a group of friends and all our kids were born in March 2015. When mine was in the second year of nursery up here, theirs were all in reception in England. When is Wilberforces birthday?

Attachments

Reactions: 1

Motherhen24

Can assure you those involved with children's services and education in the bay know her games and their are far more needy children in the bay that do not have EHCPs.

Wilby is more likely to be bullied as he gets older when his peers realise he's a year older then him !

He's also very intelligent in certain areas and will become so much more frustrated as it will be even more difficult for the teacher to differentiate work for him !!! Then his behaviour through boredom and frustration may escalate. Please Rach do him the biggest favour ever and let him start school with his peers. I know you're scared but please make this be about his needs not yours.

Also most schools in the bay are oversubscribed their has been massively house building going on and only one new school built
I believe that it would mean if wilby chose to, he could legally leave school after year 10 and skip year 11 completely. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong)

sashstar

I have 3 daughters, my eldest is 17 and still has to have her location on! It’s a safety thing. While I pay the bill I think that’s fair. She’s done the drinking at house parties etc so it just means she has to be honest about where she is. I don’t think that’s unreasonable at all!
The issue I have is lack of consequences though. Realistically what can you do to a child of that age? I used to take her phone away but she got to an age where that wasn’t physically possible.