Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ForestFire

He’s 3. He’s not self harming. He’s seeking sensory input so he can regulate himself. Which he doesn’t get from being dumped in front of an iPad with a pile of food and shoved from pillar to post.

Rach, get off your backside, or get your career break husband to do what he took a career break to do and engage in some sensory activities with W. Here’s some free suggestions so you can claim you thought of them - take him to a sensory room (any one of the army of medical professionals you claim are involved will point you in the direction of one). Take him to a trampoline park. Take him to a stable and let him ride a pony - many stables have specific sessions for children with additional needs. Take him to a different park with different equipment and see what he gravitates towards to gauge what he is trying to get the sensory feedback for. Look to see if any centres near you have messy play activities like a mud kitchen. FFS build him a mud kitchen!

I could go on. And on. But you get the idea, R? You have to work at it. If something doesn’t work he’s not having the biggest meltdown ever, he’s just not up for it right then. Try again another time and celebrate the breakthrough when he engages. Don’t put him in a position where he becomes over tired and over stimulated, he can’t regulate his responses and it’s YOUR job to keep him safe. You are also there to teach him boundaries, additional needs or no additional needs. ALL children need boundaries. That’s also your job.

The most important things you can give a child of W’s age with his needs are your time, consistency and your attention. The poor love gets none of these.

For someone who claims to have worked in autism diagnosis for 20 years she is utterly clueless. If anyone lurking here is doing so because they are involved with her family professionally with W, please get her on a parenting course for parents of autistic children.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

FridaK

VIP Member
I've got all these scenarios going on. Does she walk in wearing the cape, flanked by Jen, Jo and Josh with "Let's get ready to rumble" playing? Does she just stand at a podium doing one of her Instagram stories in person? Like with Josh popping his head up in the background? Are Jen & Jo walking around with a donation bucket? Has Josh bought one of those raffle machines that tosses the tickets? Is there an overpriced ice cream interval? Can you try her her cape on for £2 each time?
My mind 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

MrsOgre

VIP Member
What's the poor girl done to deserve that torture? A freezing cold badly cooked roast dinner topped with brown water🤢
IMG_8306.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

savethelastdance

Chatty Member
This may have been said before but I was just sat here thinking and it suddenly occurred to me that the reason she goes away EVERY time it’s one of the kids birthdays is because she can’t bear the focus to not be on her or her not be centre of attention etc. therefore not being there takes away the specialness of the day for them. How anyone can do that to their children is beyond me but I guess we all know she’s an evil old bitch.

• Sad
Reactions: 54

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
I'm expecting a rambling one later. L is going skiing with the school tomorrow and is leaving like 6 in the morning or something so not only were they not getting back until 2 this afternoon they won't be doing anything with L tonight as they need to be up really early.
I’m newly single and living alone having had to resort to police involvement before my ex moved on. My children are out with him this evening and it breaks my heart every time I have to let them go. I know it’s only for a few hours and they’ll be back soon but I’m much happier when they’re home with me. She takes those kids for granted. How can she not bother to be there to wake up with her child on their birthday? Especially knowing she’s waving her goodbye on a school trip the very next day?! 🤯

• Heart

Dorothy-redshoes

VIP Member
Incase anyone here is reading that this applies to....
Iv just had a message in a support group that I'm involved in saying that if anyone has a discreet mobile phone they keep hidden (from a perp) and they are worried about the government emergency alert message that will come through on the 23rd April then head over to Womens Aid website where they have posted instructions and a video on how to disable them.

Clearly R hasn't thought about this either and how it will affect women (and men) being caught with a mobile that their partner doesn't allow them to have!

• Heart

Wotsit

VIP Member
S smoking weed in his room with the door open is fine but edies dad smoking cigarettes isn't.

Ok then.

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
More exciting content on Sloshy's insta.
Imagine serving your country in the army, coming back to civvy life and starting a career in the police force, then giving it all up to trot around after your wife and take photos of empty toilet rolls to post online 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 53

Roma890

I spied a lone male "whooping" her walk of shame. That wasn't "fuck you up Derek" was it? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 52

ForestFire

Genuine question as I've never been around any ND kids - how do you know that it's a 'meltdown' and not just a toddler tantrum?? I'm sorry if that's offensive or those two things are really different and I just don't know it but honestly it's one thing (of many) that really baffles me.
My son was an absolute bloody nightmare as a toddler. He was so stubborn, would not be bloody told and had some EPIC tantrums. He also didn't speak much til he was nearly 3 (I think mostly because his older sister never shut up and he couldn't get a word in).
He's now a teenager, fantastic vocabulary, very mellow and easy going. When I see these 'meltdowns' of Ws it just looks like normal toddler kick offs to me?!
It’s not offensive at all, and personally (can’t speak for all parents of ND children, I know!) I’m happy when people ask questions rather than stare.

For my daughter, a meltdown is when she is so beyond overwhelmed she cannot be distracted out of it. She will verbal stim to the point that she makes herself hoarse. Tears, hitting herself, clawing at her skin. She lies on her back and kicks (as well as spinning round) so you cannot get near her to calm her or reassure her. She has knocked me off my feet and sent me flying (in public) doing this. She’s 14 and bigger than me.

Can last for hours. Literally hours. And there’s not a lot I can do about it other than keep her safe.

R - for the vast majority of the time - is confusing a normal toddler tantrum with a ND meltdown. Such an insult.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Dorothy-redshoes

VIP Member
God, the whole family is just gutter aren't they 🤢
She has the cheek to slate edies dad for having a fag in his house (allegedly) and then she doesn't even give a shit that seb is smoking a joint in his room and Lula has vapes lying around!
I'm not being funny but Wilby is often left on his own upstairs and they have vapes lying around that he can easily get hold of??!! What the actual fuck!!!
The whole house is a fucking shit tip and that garden.... they have totally ruined it. It looks like something on the end of a row of garages from the estate 🤣
Their house is disgusting. Broken furniture, vapes lying around, mess on every single floor in every room, a front garden that gives the local tip a run for their money and a back garden that probably stinks of multiple animal shit!
No thanks ✋

Eyes Wide Open Now

Chatty Member
There’s never been anyone that just wanted to have my kids….

Yes because you are a piss taking cunt, Emily had your kids, Josie had your kids, Katy had your kids, PA jo has had your kids.
When has she ever offered to look after someone else’s kids?

• Haha

Smell_my_cheese

I’m sure Lenny’s mum will be pleased to know that the teacher was happily sharing information about her child to another parent 👍🏻 Does no one connected to that woman follow safeguarding and data protection rules?! 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Heart

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
What's with the "scooping up" she bangs on about. Betsy simply made some friends on her travels. She wasn't scooped up at all. Stop making out like she's damaged and broken all the time 🙄
Nobody was "scooped up" anyway. Bratsy went out there knowing full well she was meeting up with her ex's cousin and her mates. At no point was she "travelling across the world all by herself", yeah she sat on the plane on her own, but as soon as she got there she was with the group as she had planned.

Does she not understand the utter hypocrisy of her talking about how people don't understand the cost of living crisis and people are 'literally dying' because they can't afford to eat and she's advertising tesco for the luxury treats and flogging £40 hair products whilst wearing a £95 deconstructed lampshade!?!

Like I get that just because she has a women's centre, doesn't mean she should plough every spare penny she has but she's so questionable with the all of her money streams and just flaunts her wealth without a care in the world... It's very sickening

Dorothy-redshoes

VIP Member
Anyone notice its always older women with children and good jobs who have to flee because their lives are at risk so much.
Its never a single unemployed 17 year old for example.
I was only 19 when I left my abuser and luckily I had no children. But I still would have benefitted from professional help. Does my abuse not count because I didn't have children? Was I not at risk too because it was just me??
Shes very one sided with her "professionalism" same as her opinions on men being abused...doesn't exist as far as she's concerned!
Shes got one type of victim stuck in her head and she sticks with it!! Absolutely anyone can suffer abuse and she needs to stop stereotyping it!
Its also very clear she is still stuck in 1985 🤦‍♀️

• Heart

notfake

Chatty Member
Quite a few years ago, me and the hubby booked a night away for our anniversary. Booked a lovely meal, bought new outfits, everything. It was for our 10 year anniversary. At that time our kids were 8, 6 and almost 4. Excited about having a Sleepover and Nan and grandads. The morning of the break away, my middle child woke up, really ill. He was pale, lethargic, had d&v, sweaty. Phoned emergency docs, came straight out and sent us straight up to A&E. We cancelled that hotel room without a single doubt. There was no way on earth we were leaving our son knowing how ill he was. Ended up being in A&E for the rest of the day.

That’s what you do as parents. You don’t pass the buck and expect everyone else be there for your kids. She is an awful mother and he is an awful father. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Heart