Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blairr

Chatty Member
I have it. And awaiting a diagnosis is psoriatic arthritis. I’m sick to death of it. I’m due to start a strong medication which should hopefully get rid.

also I’ve noticed a few of you mentioning it under breasts. Try Trimovate! It’s amazing for that area.

I did try them an I would just do 5mins but god the heat, I couldn't cope with it but they do say 5mins at least once a week is actually OK for it an can keep it under control
Did you do stand up ones? They don’t tend to get as hot. And if you go when the shops quiet the beds haven’t warmed up yet, I used to work in a tanning shop x

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I don’t think meditation is for me either sadly. I try to keep busy.
Thankfully mines never been as bad since. My boyfriend lives in Dubai so maybe one day I’ll be rid of it!
My boyfriend is from Dubai too! 😂 We met in England because he came here for uni, but we are hoping to move back together soon 🤞🏼 Any warm country will do really!

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I’ve tried this but mine is mostly facial and scalp psoriasis and I ended up with a raging ear infection from trying to wash the enstilar out my hair 😩 it’s meant to be amazing for the rest of the body though.

I’m 3 months into methotrexate and no change so far :-(
How are you finding it otherwise? My brother is on this for his eczema (his is more severe than mine)

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
This so the same as me. Was awful as a child but apart from the odd flare up I’ve been good lately.
I’m naughty and use sunbeds to clear it . Which obviously isn’t an option at the moment. Egyptian magic cream seems to keep it at bay a little.
yeah it really messes with my mental health
Bloody covid 🙄
I have Egyptian magic cream, the only thing that puts me off thick “Vaseline” kind of creams are they stick to everything and feel so greasy 😫 do you wear a cotton shirt over your creams or leave your eczema parts bare?

I read a tip that you should use creams and then wear a cotton shirt over the top and it helps keep the moisture in

Do sunbeds help? I’m already olive toned so don’t think that’s an option for me haha, but I’ve noticed heat and hot weather (on holiday) really seem to help me! *looks outside to rain and clouds in england* 😭

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I was wondering if anyone could help. I’m trying to withdraw from steroid creams and never use them myself. But I’m just so confused on what is a steroid cream. I mostly use zerobase, is that a steroid cream?

I use eumovate too sometimes but I think that has steroid in? Is it best to switch to hydromol?

Thanks in advance xx

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Whoever mentioned the oat bath…omg LIFECHANGER. I am in the bath now 😂

I put some quakers oats in a thin cotton cloth and tied it to the tap and let hot water run through, then I untied it when the bath was full and let it sit around in the water. Omg the water feels amazing and it smells good too! And I’ve just been massaging the oat bag (lol) into my skin, on my eczema patches.

im gonna do this weekly now, it feels so good. Although I think I’m using the wrong oats lol

chorizorice

They will possibly want you to try all the lotions and potions first unless your GP has prescribed those already but there is a few that only the dermatologist have. If you’re lucky and they allow you to skip that I’d recommend cyclosporine over methotrexate. I had no results on MTX and I was on it for 6 month. Cyclosporine worked in days! But I stopped due to side effects (heartburn, joint pain, chest pain etc) so now I’m on the biologics waiting list.
oh shit, not nice side effects I’ll keep that in mind but happy it worked for you for a bit :/ hope you get biologics soon. Melts didn’t work at all for you? Do you mind me asking how severe your psoriasis is? thanks so much for your response xx

Hi, new to this, sorry if its been posted, I've had it since a baby, my arms, legs, scalp, nose etc haven't had flare ups recently but as a kid it was crazy bad to the point people would constantly ask if I had fallen an hurt myself, one day a elderly woman approched my mum an told her what would help, it was like one of those old wife tale things, we tried it an mines cleared up super well, didn't 100% go but at least for me it made a super huge difference, it was putting oats in a cloth an tying it round the tap like a little bag an letting the hot water flow through it that did it for me
Yes oats are amazing, this is what I buy from a lovely website along with goat milk soap it is fabulous at easing the itching and welt marks

Www.dragonflysoapsuds.co.uk this is where I get it all from even use it on my baby and eldest too. Also on etsy

Last edited:

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis when I was 27 which I got after a bad case of tonsillitis. It cleared up really quickly on my legs using a steroid cream (Dovobet) but I was also having regular sunbeds.
Snap! I developed guttate psoriasis after a strep throat at 27. Was covered in speckledy measle type spots for over a year, all over my legs and arms and hands. Dovobet was good at 'clearing' it, or masking it I suppose, but I didn't want to be using steroid creams indefinitely. I've scanned the thread but haven't noticed anyone mention Vitamin D supplements. This really helped me. And stopping smoking. Nicotine seems to feed psoriasis.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Yeah it does contain an anti-inflammatory steroid. I’ve avoided them my whole life, then gave in and had them a few years ago, it’s defo done much skin damage. Are you under a doctor for it?
Yeah, I’m going to try and avoid all steroid creams now but I had no clue zerobase had steroids in 😭

My doctor usually gives me that. I might try and switch to aveeno, since I’m certain that has no steroids and it’s much better.

Thank you x

Can’t blame him in the slightest. Whenever we visit my boyfriends family, I don’t want to come home 😭

I was on Sertraline for about a year and a half, but didn’t see any effect on my eczema when I came off it. I do want to try LED light therapy, but to be honest whenever I go to the doctors they just throw steroid creams at me and tell me to manage it. I’m too shy to ask for anything else :/

Do you guys find drinking water regularly helps? Like 2 litres a day? I’m starting to do it, but haven’t noticed a difference yet :)
Unfortunately you basically like most thinks have to fight for a referral to a dermatologist to get light treatment. I’ve used steroid cream but I’m trying to avoid it now. The water thing I’m not sure as in theory yep but think it just takes a long time to see a difference. There is defo triggers from diet too and sometimes things you don’t expect.

I second this. Eumovate is the only thing that actually works for me, even the over the counter one. That cream is like magic. Everything else only works for a short time.
I’ve tried eumovate via my Gp it does seem to help, I have to be really careful using it eg using gloves I got some on my face last year and it caused some kind of allergic reaction.

Tots

VIP Member
I suffer awfully and i’ve found other than prescription creams, vaseline aloe vera works wonders! It’s so soothing and doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Always feel so much better after using it!!
Thanks for the recommendation

Wow really? Just shows you how unique everyone's skin is. I always found it to be gentle. That's the only thing that doesn't make me more itchy.
I have eczema and psoriasis. It makes you feel horrible doesn't it. I have chunks of hair missing & can't wear my wedding ring because my hands are too sore. I don't know if anyone else feels like this but now I just think what's the point in doing anything to make myself look or feel nice when I'm so itchy, red, swollen & flaking 😂
That’s awful, I’ve got so used to it basically only being on my elbows and now it’s back it’s really made me miserable. Not that I’m going anywhere or putting a bikini on anytime soon but the itching is literally driving me up the wall. 🙄
And yeah it made all my skin flake off my face (healthy none psoriasis skin I panicked I have developed dermatitis)

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
So I was hospitalised at the dermatology unit as a child around 11 I guess puberty really caused it to flare and they do body wraps with coal tar they then bandage you to keep it soaked in. Alternate days they give you strong light treatment. They look like stand up sunbeds. But you never do anymore than maybe a minute or so. You aren’t allowed many in a lifetime due to cancer risk. So yeah basically sun is the magic ingredient. But the risks are there.
I’m so sorry about that ❤ My biggest trigger is definitely stress. Have you tried meditation? I’m not sure about it...I feel a bit uncomfortable just sitting there in silence but at this point I’ll do anything to reduce my stress. I don’t think mines been bad enough for hospitalisation, but I did get a nasty infection one time, it was awful

Ideally I want to move to a hot country in the future 🤞🏼