Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, I don't. This theory is created by people who loved the self proclaimed 'peoples princess' to the point of disassociation. The same people who can't see that she was perfectly capable of making terrible decisions and frequently did. Such as getting into a car with a driver who was over the legal alcohol limit and not wearing her seat belt.

No, I think she had a drunk driver, wasnt wearing her seatbelt and was being chased by paps.
Agreed

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
No, I don't. This theory is created by people who loved the self proclaimed 'peoples princess' to the point of disassociation. The same people who can't see that she was perfectly capable of making terrible decisions and frequently did. Such as getting into a car with a driver who was over the legal alcohol limit and not wearing her seat belt.

Agreed
That’s a pretty blanket statement to proclaim that all people who think she was murdered have disassociation. There was enough doubt by officials to open an enquiry that went on for years with no definitive conclusion reached. There are still an equal amount of people who believe she was murdered as believe she wasn’t. The only thing that can be agreed on is she was foolish to not wear a seatbelt. As for Henri Paul’s status, it was never determined whether there was alcohol in his system as his blood specimens were contaminated with pathology experts saying the samples were clearly “cooked”. A red flag to conspiracy theorists. It depends what you’re reading and ones level of cynicism. We will never know 100%.

Reactions: 15
That’s a pretty blanket statement to proclaim that all people who think she was murdered have disassociation. There was enough doubt by officials to open an enquiry that went on for years with no definitive conclusion reached. There are still an equal amount of people who believe she was murdered as believe she wasn’t. The only thing that can be agreed on is she was foolish to not wear a seatbelt. As for Henri Paul’s status, it was never determined whether there was alcohol in his system as his blood specimens were contaminated with pathology experts saying the samples were clearly “cooked”. A red flag to conspiracy theorists. It depends what you’re reading and ones level of cynicism. We will never know 100%.
For some reason I cannot fathom some people have put Diana outside of human context and onto some platform of superior being, which is unfair to her and very unrealistic. If she were alive today I wonder if the adoring public would still love her quite so much? It is fact that Diana courted the media to 100% suit herself, conspiracy theorist never take that into account. She was a good woman with a good heart and it wasn't right that she was stripped of her HRH post divorce from Charles, she put in some 15 years of excellent service to the British public for and on behalf of the RF and was mother to the future king - she should have been allowed to keep it. (IMO)

However, she was human and had faults she made mistakes. Maybe now 23 years after her death her 'fans' could allow her to be human and consider the facts with a logical mind and not hearts full of emotion.

Reactions: 29
I’m not a fan of any of the royals. I do believe she was “taken care of”. No I don’t believe she was some kind of saint, she was a person with faults, a pat and secrets the same as everyone else.

Reactions: 8
I don't believe the Queen had anything to do with it, i do believe however Prince Philip had something to do with the death of Diana.
Prince Charles wanted to marry Camilla and felt he couldn't do it while Diana was alive as Diana was hugely popular and Queen of everyones hearts and it would make it look bad for her and Royal family by Charles remarrying. Unfortunately Diana did die so there wouldn't be as much uproar Charles marrying again.
I would like to know why it took the Queen a long time to make a tribute about her ex daughter in law.

Reactions: 9
I don't believe the Queen had anything to do with it, i do believe however Prince Philip had something to do with the death of Diana.
Prince Charles wanted to marry Camilla and felt he couldn't do it while Diana was alive as Diana was hugely popular and Queen of everyones hearts and it would make it look bad for her and Royal family by Charles remarrying. Unfortunately Diana did die so there wouldn't be as much uproar Charles marrying again.
I would like to know why it took the Queen a long time to make a tribute about her ex daughter in law.
Because Diana was no longer part of her family. We do know that Diana made life tricky for herself within the RF and regardless of what we think about the queen, she is Charles' mother at the end of the day would almost certainly side with Charles. I would imagine to the queen thought it sad but as Diana was no longer part of the family then it was not for her to comment (actually how I would feel if the same thing happened to my own sons ex-wife)

For some reason I cannot fathom some people have put Diana outside of human context and onto some platform of superior being, which is unfair to her and very unrealistic. If she were alive today I wonder if the adoring public would still love her quite so much? It is fact that Diana courted the media to 100% suit herself, conspiracy theorist never take that into account. She was a good woman with a good heart and it wasn't right that she was stripped of her HRH post divorce from Charles, she put in some 15 years of excellent service to the British public for and on behalf of the RF and was mother to the future king - she should have been allowed to keep it. (IMO)

However, she was human and had faults she made mistakes. Maybe now 23 years after her death her 'fans' could allow her to be human and consider the facts with a logical mind and not hearts full of emotion.

I agree with SOME of what you say, however you’ve contradicted yourself, she wasn’t a ‘self proclaimed people’s princess’ this was a title given by the people and the media.

Also, you speak as though you’re 100% certain of what you say, which of course, you couldn’t possibly be. This is how arguments start, when opposite sides are certain that their view is correct. The fact of the matter is, some things we know for sure, and other philosophies on the matter is pure speculation.

This should never have been a thread, it was stupid comment on another thread that somehow got moved.

Reactions: 5

I’m leaving this thread. You’ve made your mind up. It’s old news. Not worth the effort and it just seems you’re on here for a fight. Bye 🙋🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1

I so agree with you, although she could be very manipulative I think it was unfair and even cruel for her as a 19 year old virgin ( I think she probably was) to be picked as a wife to a Prince in his 30's who was having an affair with a married woman. You could see that she was totally besotted with Charles and how naïve she was, "what ever love is" was a very telling comment from him. I think the whole thing caused her to have mental health issues, she was the RF's brood mare while Charles bonked Camilla on the side, and they all knew it.

Reactions: 26
The week before she had told a friend she was about to drop a bombshell. I actually think she was pregnant. No way they would let the King have a Muslim half brother! I think Philip was involved.
I don't think she was pregnant. A week or two before she was killed she'd been away with a friend of hers (can't remember the lady's name) and her friend said afterwards that Diana had her period at the time.

Yes. Possibly because she was about to announce her engagement to Dodi Al Fayed, a muslim man. I think the Royal Family couldnt get their heads around the fact the future King of England and head of the Church of England would have a Muslim stepfather. I love a conspiracy theory and there are loads around the driver working that night when he shouldn't have been and whether he was actually a plant so the "accident" would happen. They never found the other car either.
They weren't getting engaged. That's a story Dodi's father put out! There was no engagement and her best friend said it was just a summer fling as Diana was still in love with her ex. It was Dodi's father that also put out the rumour Diana was pregnant when she died but her best friend said she had stayed with her a week before going on holiday with Dodi and that she had her period at the time.

I so agree with you, although she could be very manipulative I think it was unfair and even cruel for her as a 19 year old virgin ( I think she probably was) to be picked as a wife to a Prince in his 30's who was having an affair with a married woman. You could see that she was totally besotted with Charles and how naïve she was, "what ever love is" was a very telling comment from him. I think the whole thing caused her to have mental health issues, she was the RF's brood mare while Charles bonked Camilla on the side, and they all knew it.
She already had mental health issues from childhood caused by her mother abandoning her. I don't think she was in love with Charles. She read romance books and was probably in love with the idea. Plus who dates someone their elder sister previously dated? I certainly wouldn't. They only saw each other 11 times from when they met to the wedding. It seems ridiculous but he had to marry a virgin so he wasn't going to find many of those around his own age bracket.

From Mohamed Al-Fayed's wiki page!

Conspiracy theories[edit]
From February 1998, Al-Fayed maintained that the crash was a result of a conspiracy,[52] and later contended that the crash was orchestrated by MI6 on the instructions of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.[53] His claims that the crash was a result of a conspiracy were dismissed by a French judicial investigation, but Fayed appealed against this verdict. A libel action was brought against Al-Fayed by Neil Hamilton (see above).

The British Operation Paget, a Metropolitan police inquiry that concluded in 2006, also found no evidence of a conspiracy.[54] To Operation Paget, Al-Fayed made 175 "conspiracy claims".[55]

An inquest headed by Lord Justice Scott Baker into the deaths of Diana and Dodi began at the Royal Courts of Justice, London, on 2 October 2007 and lasted for six months. It was a continuation of the original inquest that had begun in 2004.[56]

At the Scott Baker inquest Fayed accused the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, her sister, and numerous others, of plotting to kill the Princess of Wales.[57] Their motive, he claimed, was that they could not tolerate the idea of the Princess marrying a Muslim.[58]

Al-Fayed first claimed that the Princess was pregnant to the Daily Express in May 2001,[58] and that he was the only person who had been told of this news. Witnesses at the inquest who said the Princess was not pregnant, and could not have been, were part of the conspiracy according to Al-Fayed.[59] Fayed's testimony at the inquest was roundly condemned in the press as being farcical. Members of the British Government's Intelligence and Security Committee accused Fayed of turning the inquest into a 'circus' and called for it to be ended maturely.[60] Lawyers representing Al-Fayed later accepted at the inquest that there was no direct evidence that either the Duke of Edinburgh or MI6 had been involved in any murder conspiracy involving Diana or Dodi.[61] A few days before Al-Fayed's appearance, John Macnamara, a former senior detective at Scotland Yard and Al-Fayed's investigator for five years from 1997, was forced to admit on 14 February 2008 that he had no evidence to suggest foul play, except for the assertions Al-Fayed had made to him.[62] His admissions also related to the lack of evidence for Al-Fayed's claims about the alleged pregnancy of the Princess and the couple's supposed engagement.[62]

The jury verdict, given on 7 April 2008, was that Diana and Dodi had been "unlawfully killed" through the grossly negligent driving of chauffeur Henri Paul,[63] who was intoxicated, and the pursuing vehicles.[64]

Lawyers for Al-Fayed also accepted that there was no evidence to support the assertion that Diana was illegally embalmed in order to cover up a pregnancy, a "pregnancy" that they accepted could not be established by any medical evidence.[61] They also accepted that there was no evidence to support the assertion the French emergency and medical services had played any role in a conspiracy to harm Diana.[61] Following the Baker inquest, Al-Fayed said that he was abandoning his campaign to prove that Diana and Dodi were murdered in a conspiracy, and said that he would accept the verdict of the jury.[65]

Al-Fayed financially supported Unlawful Killing (2011), a documentary film accused of presenting his version of events.[66] The film was not formally released as a result of legal problems.[67]

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I've always been fascinated by her. So glad she has her own thread here.

I watched the wedding in the middle of the night from the US. In fact it's one of my earliest memories. She was flawed and damaged, and probably had far more demons than have been made public. Her admitted bulimia, throwing herself down the stairs whilst pregnant, etc., that's just not normal behavior. I think she was very likely bi-polar or worse. I do feel she was genuine in her desire to help people. She had that IT quality and was so damn photogenic. And I think she enjoyed playing with the media when it suited her. However, she was far too young at 19 to be thrown into what in essence was a love triangle. Even if Charles isn't lying about not sleeping with Camilla when he first married Diana, he was still emotionally involved with her throughout all those early years, and that is gross and would have made any woman feel crazy.

I'm from the US and feel she died because it was a perfect storm of an inebriated driver, driving erratically at high speed, and lack of a seat belt. I think it's a terribly boring death. Could have been avoided which makes it all the sadder. My husband is English and firmly has always believed she was murdered, and that PP had something to do with it. He thinks her purposely having a fling with a Muslim was the root of it and she had to be taken out. Add to that the whole Savile pedophile ring and God only knows what she'd been witness to and maybe was about to blab about. The Queen has pretty much always chosen the Crown over herself, at least aside of the whole Andrew situation. So I can see her turning a blind eye if the "men in grey" thought Diana had to go. I don't think anyone can argue that the RF totally benefited by Diana's death. Charles was able to move on, they had full control over the boys, and no loose cannon "People's Princess" running around spilling tidbits about Charles' inadequacies. But I still in my gut feel she died in a messy, avoidable, drunk driving accident.

I think Dodi's father felt he'd be blamed for her death and so came up with this fairytale BS about their being secretly engaged and a pregnancy. He lost his son and is heartbroken, so I understand his need to blame everyone else.

I don't think we will ever know what truly happened. But just the mystery of it all would likely make Wills and Harry probably far more emotionally traumatized than had it been a clear cut accidental death. I can't imagine wondering if my own family had something to do with my mom's death.

Reactions: 21
This is the maddest thread yet! The queen killed Diana ? Prince Philip killed Diana? This is gossip gone to far! It's was one of the worst public drunk driving/celebrity media hungry moments of our time. It was a devastating moment in time that anyone of my age will remember the public grief. The royals didn't do it, our voyeurism did. That's my personal thought on it .

Reactions: 29
I have met Mohammed Al Fyed many times... the man has the saddest eyes you’ve ever seen 💔 I think a lot of the stories he put out we’re out of deep grief

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
No, I don't think anyone "killed" Diana, I believe her death was exactly what it appeared to be - a tragic accident caused by a car being driven at excessive speed by a drunk driver, compounded by the fact that Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt. An expert witness, think he was a pathologist who worked on her case, has stated that she would most likely have survived the crash if she had been wearing a seatbelt as she probably wouldn't have suffered the pulmonary vein tear that ultimately caused her death due to massive internal haemorrhage. People just love a conspiracy theory rather than believing something so mundane as a car crash caused the death of someone so bright, adored and famous.

Reactions: 16
How come Diana's bodyguard hasn't said much about the accident? I know he was seriously injured could it be that he had no or little recollection of that tragic evening.
Fair play to him for not spilling the beans, unlike that Butler Paul Burrell.

Reactions: 9
Yes. Possibly because she was about to announce her engagement to Dodi Al Fayed, a muslim man. I think the Royal Family couldnt get their heads around the fact the future King of England and head of the Church of England would have a Muslim stepfather. I love a conspiracy theory and there are loads around the driver working that night when he shouldn't have been and whether he was actually a plant so the "accident" would happen. They never found the other car either.
She was never going to marry Dodi. She was with him because she hoped/knew it would wind up the royal family because of who his dad was.
She died because their driver was drunk and driving like Jenson Button to avoid paps. Plus she wasn't wearing a seat belt. It was just the perfect storm.
I felt sorry for Dodi's dad, but his claim that Diana was pregnant and about to marry his son was nonsense. She'd just been staying with friends who said she was on her period, no way pregnant, and the autopsy confirmed this.
According to close friends she was still crazy about the heart surgeon she'd been secretly seeing for ages and who'd dropped her, and nobody after him ever matched up for her. I think he was Indian.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think Diana was taken out either ,it was an awful accident in my opinion .

Dodi was a summer fling that would have petered out naturally once she’d got bored. I do wonder what she’d be doing now had she lived.

Reactions: 10