Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How come Diana's bodyguard hasn't said much about the accident? I know he was seriously injured could it be that he had no or little recollection of that tragic evening.
Fair play to him for not spilling the beans, unlike that Butler Paul Burrell.
Copied from Wikipedia:

Rees-Jones wrote a book, published in 2000, titled The Bodyguard's Story: Diana, the Crash, and the Sole Survivor (ISBN 0-446-61004-6), about his experiences, with the help of ghost-writer Moira Johnston. The book reconstructed the events from Rees-Jones's partial memories and those of his family and friends. He decided to write the book because many bizarre stories had circulated about the crash and because his former employer, Al-Fayed, had accused him of not doing his job properly.

Reactions: 3
She was supposedly so obsessed with Hasnat Khan (the surgeon) that he moved back to Pakistan to get away from her.
I read the Andrew Morton book at the time it came out, and it sounds like no life for a vulnerable teenager to be pushed into. She was silly and vain but did do many worthwhile things, being photographed touching people with leprosy, HIV and AIDS was really groundbreaking at the time.
I wouldn’t be surprised either way regarding her death, she was a loose cannon and an embarrassment to the royals for sure, although I can’t help thinking that it would have been much easier for them to arrange for her to step on a land mine. Also the queen totally bollocksed up her reaction to it all and if it was deliberate, wouldn’t they have PRd the heck out of it?

Reactions: 6
She wasn’t wearing a seatbelt because it was broken! I read that in a few places, and also watched a documentary on the crash. Also she was conscious at the scene and was asking if everyone else was ok, then she went into the ambulance and had a cardiac arrest... all very odd

Reactions: 10
She wasn’t wearing a seatbelt because it was broken! I read that in a few places, and also watched a documentary on the crash. Also she was conscious at the scene and was asking if everyone else was ok, then she went into the ambulance and had a cardiac arrest... all very odd
I've heard that but it's not true the seatbelts were broken. She was conscious at first apparently saying 'oh my god' when she saw the aftermath but her internal injuries were too extensive, her heart had been displaced to the right side of the chest, which tore the pulmonary vein and the pericardium.

What's interesting is that thousands of people die in road traffic accidents but in the case of Diana, nobody can accept that she died of her injuries because she didn't wear a seatbelt and the speed of the car and the impact of her being flung forward into the seat in front.

Reactions: 20
The one "conspiracy theory" that I do have about Diana's death is that she isn't buried on the island in the lake at Althorp, I think that is a red herring designed to avoid her genuine final resting place becoming a macabre tourist attraction. She wanted to be buried next to her father in the family vault at their local church and I believe she was secretly buried there. I saw reports a couple of years ago in the press of her island grave at Althorp being overgrown and neglected - if she's really buried there then surely it would be immaculately maintained at all times?

Reactions: 29
The one "conspiracy theory" that I do have about Diana's death is that she isn't buried on the island in the lake at Althorp, I think that is a red herring designed to avoid her genuine final resting place becoming a macabre tourist attraction. She wanted to be buried next to her father in the family vault at their local church and I believe she was secretly buried there. I saw reports a couple of years ago in the press of her island grave at Althorp being overgrown and neglected - if she's really buried there then surely it would be immaculately maintained at all times?
I agree. I always thought the 'lake' was a smokescreen.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think Diana was taken out either ,it was an awful accident in my opinion .

Dodi was a summer fling that would have petered out naturally once she’d got bored. I do wonder what she’d be doing now had she lived.
I imagine she would eventually have remarried and I always thought for some reason she would end up in America, she seemed to prefer celebs to her own upper class types.

Reactions: 9
The 'unkempt' nature of the island is deliberate - to provide privacy.

Reactions: 2
If Diana hadn't married Charles, she would still be alive today I believe. The only reason she was in that car with the media chasing her was because she was made famous by her role in the RF. Diana was basically still a child when she was married off to Charles, with no love between them and little preparation for her of what was to come. The royals had lots of warnings about her mental health and lots of chances to help her but they chose not to.

I believe Phillip had something to do with her death and I have never really liked the man. I think the Queen knows what happened too but we will never hear the truth. Phillip was the one to persuade Will to walk behind the coffin and he had a smug look on his face the whole time. The flash reportedly occurred in front of the car makes little sense if the reporters were all behind. Even after the crash the bloody idiots continued to take photos of her, rather than offer any help.

The theory about her being buried next to her dad makes sense. They could've easily switched the coffins at some point or gone through the gates pretending she was being buried at Althorp until the press went away or it got dark and then taken her down to the church with the powers that be fabricating the burial records.

Reactions: 8
I do wonder how her sons would be if she hadn't died that night, I remember being very sad because she appeared as a lovely woman to my 8 year old self with her charity work, and I was too young to understand all the dark bits. The funeral was very upsetting, even to my parents who are very anti monarchy (of course she was divorced from it but still)

William I expect would be similar, but Harry... who knows.

Reactions: 9
I do wonder how her sons would be if she hadn't died that night, I remember being very sad because she appeared as a lovely woman to my 8 year old self with her charity work, and I was too young to understand all the dark bits. The funeral was very upsetting, even to my parents who are very anti monarchy (of course she was divorced from it but still)

William I expect would be similar, but Harry... who knows.
Yeah Harry's definitely traumatised by it all. I hope he’s getting help. I was 7/8 too and remember the morning it all broke, I was up early watching kids shows and even Cartoon Network had a strap at the bottom saying to “turn to a news channel for an important announcement.”
I remember the moment the reporter said live “and I can confirm princes Diana has died” too....it was like jfk, John Lennon, 9/11 ... something that everyone knows where they were.

The funeral I do remember to, Harrys bowed head and suit that was too big. My mum died when I was a baby , and I remember 8 year old me feeling some kind of empathy with him. It is awful they made him do that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I don’t think Diana was taken out either ,it was an awful accident in my opinion .

Dodi was a summer fling that would have petered out naturally once she’d got bored. I do wonder what she’d be doing now had she lived.
She'd be tearing her hair out at Harry being led around by his penis. I honestly don't think she'd have approved of his marrying markle and she'd have sat him down and told him a few home truths.
Never mind though, Harry thinks markle is his mum reincarnated so win win. Till the divorce.

Reactions: 13

I remember being fed up of seeing pics every day of Di and Dodi and it being called the summer of love. Then waking up to the news on the 31st Aug almost felt like it was pre-determined.

Not that I'm accusing anyone of anything because I have really have never known what to make of it all 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Deffo think he was bumped off. Don’t think she was....
Yeah it’s a bit of a false equivalence. With Epstein, it’s simply more likely he was killed than he did it himself. You don’t have to be into conspiracies to see that - he had a lot of powerful friends scared of being exposed, the cell cctv ‘going missing’ then destroyed, his narcissistic arrogant personality not necessarily translating to suicide especially that early on (I know he supposedly had already tried)
With Diana though, it’s far more likely it was an accident. The hysteria around her, the aggression of the paparazzi, it was almost inevitable something would happen. They would go to crazy lengths to get an exclusive picture, drive incredibly recklessly, they even would throw stuff at her for a reaction shot. Everything was fair game then. After she died, they tried to introduce a code of ethics to the job.
Add to that the driver not being sober and in this insane situation of trying to shake off paps on bikes, at the request of princess diana. Not an ordinary day at work for him.
And as people have said the royal family didn’t exactly do well out of it - the queen has literally never been so unpopular as when she didn’t react to the death right away.

Reactions: 6
I remember reading that the driver's blood alcohol level was so high that it would have rendered him unable to walk. However, according to the CCTV footage he was seen walking in the hotel without assistance. That's why some people are suspicious of the evidence.

I don't think Diana chose not to wear a safety belt right, her safety belt literally did not work.

The driver of the fiat uno which supposedly caused the crash (James Andanson) was found dead in a french countryside. He had bullets in his head and his car was set on fire. The weird thing is the death was rulled a suicide! So did he set his car on fire first and then shoot himself or the reverse?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I remember reading that the driver's blood alcohol level was so high that it would have rendered him unable to walk. However, according to the CCTV footage he was seen walking in the hotel without assistance. That's why some people are suspicious of the evidence.

I don't think Diana chose not to wear a safety belt right, her safety belt literally did not work.

The driver of the fiat uno which supposedly caused the crash (James Andanson) was found dead in a french countryside. He had bullets in his head and his car was set on fire. The weird thing is the death was rulled a suicide! So did he set his car on fire first and then shoot himself or the reverse?
I think you’ll find she rarely wore a seatbelt as it crushed her clothes.

Reactions: 2