Prince Andrew - Airmiles Andy - Randy Andy - The Toxic Prince

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, if Charles wants the Monarchy to survive then he needs to change certain aspects.

There is no way that the majority of the public will stand for Andrew being back in the front line. Or the 'commercial' go it alone Duke of Sussex profiting even more from the Royals, whilst demanding we subsidise his existence in the UK.
I'm sure Charles would boot Andrew out in a heartbeat if he could! I don't think being a counsellor of state means he's back in the front line anyway. He's one of 4 people that could be called in to step in for the king but I'd imagine they'd have to be very badly stuck before they'd call on him. I agree he and Harry shouldn't even hold the position though. I don't know all the ins and outs of it but if it's the law of the country that counsellors of state are the next 4 adults in the line of succession then Charles can't just decide to change it - it's not up to him to change the law. I think I remember reading in relation to Harry that parliament would have to remove him at counsellor of state but I'm not sure. Now that 2 of the 4 counsellors of state basically can't be used then the monarchy and the government need to look at it. Wasn't Andrew a counsellor of state for the Queen as well?

Reactions: 2
William Barr, saw the Epstein case as a useful pawn in a political game with the British government. Barr, Berman writes, explained “that he saw our request to talk to Andrew as sort of a chit in a dispute with the British involving a US diplomat’s wife who had accidentally killed a 19-year-old British motorcyclist in an auto accident”.
I find that entirely credible

William Barr, saw the Epstein case as a useful pawn in a political game with the British government. Barr, Berman writes, explained “that he saw our request to talk to Andrew as sort of a chit in a dispute with the British involving a US diplomat’s wife who had accidentally killed a 19-year-old British motorcyclist in an auto accident”.
I find that entirely credible
Yes inocent until proven guilty is all well and good if the person in question doesnt have the establishment of an entire country helping him and avoid going to court to prove his innocence.

Reactions: 6
I'm sure Charles would boot Andrew out in a heartbeat if he could! I don't think being a counsellor of state means he's back in the front line anyway. He's one of 4 people that could be called in to step in for the king but I'd imagine they'd have to be very badly stuck before they'd call on him. I agree he and Harry shouldn't even hold the position though. I don't know all the ins and outs of it but if it's the law of the country that counsellors of state are the next 4 adults in the line of succession then Charles can't just decide to change it - it's not up to him to change the law. I think I remember reading in relation to Harry that parliament would have to remove him at counsellor of state but I'm not sure. Now that 2 of the 4 counsellors of state basically can't be used then the monarchy and the government need to look at it. Wasn't Andrew a counsellor of state for the Queen as well?
If I understand correctly he was and after Charles became King Beatrice takes the number 4 spot as the next adult in the line of succession.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think the public will feature as much under the new King, he’s not a people pleaser like his mum.
He's going to have to do something his approval rating is hovering around 50%, HM was 85%. That's a big hill to climb.

He's going to have to do something his approval rating is hovering around 50%, HM was 85%. That's a big hill to climb.
If anyone thinks Charles is ever going to get close to his mother's degree of popularity, they are deluding themselves.

Reactions: 9
They usher people on if they stand momentarily at the lying in state. I haven't watched much of the live stream so unsure if its just happening today.
Wrong thread. Sorry

Last edited:
He’ll never climb it ! Even his fingers are more talked about than him 😂

Interesting that they put him in the position away from the TV camera at the lying in state

• Wow
Reactions: 4
After seeing that young lad be kicked down and arrested after (rightfully, imo, these people are unelected heads of state and public figures you should have the right to say whatever you want) shouting at Andrew and then the extremely embaressing gammons chanting “long live the king” like good little sheep I am ready for the monarchy to be over.

i can’t believe we’re about to pay out all this cash to sit a 74 year old man on a throne as head of state. We’re having an energy crisis in the UK, the cost of living has shot right up yet we’re coughing up the cash for this clown show? Absolutely not. Down with them all.

Andrew in particular pisses me off, even more so after reading this thread. I’m quite happy to throw him over the Atlantic and let the Americans try him in the Epstein case and throw him into the gen pop of one of their nastiest prisons.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
After seeing that young lad be kicked down and arrested after (rightfully, imo, these people are unelected heads of state and public figures you should have the right to say whatever you want) shouting at Andrew and then the extremely embaressing gammons chanting “long live the king” like good little sheep I am ready for the monarchy to be over.

i can’t believe we’re about to pay out all this cash to sit a 74 year old man on a throne as head of state. We’re having an energy crisis in the UK, the cost of living has shot right up yet we’re coughing up the cash for this clown show? Absolutely not. Down with them all.

Andrew in particular pisses me off, even more so after reading this thread. I’m quite happy to throw him over the Atlantic and let the Americans try him in the Epstein case and throw him into the gen pop of one of their nastiest prisons.
I'm not British so it doesn't really affect me but the cost of living argument really gets on my nerves. It's not logical. Presidents and elections aren't free either and the government aren't going to give you the money that would be saved from not having a coronation or a funeral or whatever. It's been 70 years since the last one anyway.

I think if you're going to be anti monarchy then it should be for reasons of democracy and fairness and giving people a chance to choose. All valid reasons imo and I totally agree that the guy who shouted at Andrew should not have been arrested.

That said, I think this week has been good for Britain worldwide. It's on the news everywhere and Monday is going to be a massive event. Even Sunday night when Charles hosting all the world leaders is massive. You'll never get that kind of publicity or those kinds of events with a president.

Reactions: 5
I'm not British so it doesn't really affect me but the cost of living argument really gets on my nerves. It's not logical. Presidents and elections aren't free either and the government aren't going to give you the money that would be saved from not having a coronation or a funeral or whatever. It's been 70 years since the last one anyway.

I think if you're going to be anti monarchy then it should be for reasons of democracy and fairness and giving people a chance to choose. All valid reasons imo and I totally agree that the guy who shouted at Andrew should not have been arrested.

That said, I think this week has been good for Britain worldwide. It's on the news everywhere and Monday is going to be a massive event. Even Sunday night when Charles hosting all the world leaders is massive. You'll never get that kind of publicity or those kinds of events with a president.
the royals don’t pay tax and are basically above the law. They cost more money than they bring in and it reinforces the divide between the few in Britain who have money (that they didn’t earn) and the many who have nothing.

no elections arnt free, but they are democratic. Sticking an extremely privileged old man on a big swanky chair so he can be adorned with jewels whilst he looks down on all his subjects and spends public money on his ceremony? That’s okay?

I’m happy for the queen to have a funeral, and I think it should end there. No more royals.

Reactions: 6
the royals don’t pay tax and are basically above the law. They cost more money than they bring in and it reinforces the divide between the few in Britain who have money (that they didn’t earn) and the many who have nothing.

no elections arnt free, but they are democratic. Sticking an extremely privileged old man on a big swanky chair so he can be adorned with jewels whilst he looks down on all his subjects and spends public money on his ceremony? That’s okay?

I’m happy for the queen to have a funeral, and I think it should end there. No more royals.
I think your point about the royal/aristocratic system reinforcing the divide between the haves and have nots is totally valid and I certainly like living in a country that has a democratically elected president. I just don't think that wanting to get rid of them because Charles coronation is going to be expensive is a valid reason. I wouldn't underestimate their impact on the perception of Britain worldwide either.

On a personal note, I hope they stay because I enjoy watching them from a distance. I wouldn't like my country to have a monarchy though - I just want to watch yours!

• Haha
Yes inocent until proven guilty is all well and good if the person in question doesnt have the establishment of an entire country helping him and avoid going to court to prove his innocence.
The Grand Old Duke of York
He had 12 Million Quid
He gave it to a Woman He Never Met
For Something He Never Did

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Interesting that Sky were playing down the nature of Epstein's crimes, describing Andrew as having links to 'the disgraced financier' rather than saying Andrew was a long term friend of the convicted paedophile.....why would they want to do that?

Reactions: 7
Just love Andrew’s daughters, they are so entertaining with the big teeth and smiles. I was convinced one of them was going to fall over this evening during the March up to the coffin. Hilarious 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Just love Andrew’s daughters, they are so entertaining with the big teeth and smiles. I was convinced one of them was going to fall over this evening during the March up to the coffin. Hilarious 😆
Why would that be amusing ? they didn't choose their parents 😬 it is their grandmother ,get a grip :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Why would that be amusing ? they didn't choose their parents 😬 it is their grandmother ,get a grip :rolleyes:
I think that the York sisters have turned out remarkably well, especially considering their parents.

Reactions: 12
I think that the York sisters have turned out remarkably well, especially considering their parents.
They have ! I just find it odd we hold them accountable for the sins of the father ( so to speak) even though the royals are public owned in a way , I don't think they deserve to be branded just because he's their father , they seem pretty decent folk 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.