Primrose Hill Gang

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well some completely unverified net worth website reckons gavin is worth $45m!!! i find that *very* hard to believe unless he had a great divorce lawyer.
Wasn’t he on American X Factor or American voice as well as a guest judge ?

Reactions: 1
I'm surprised Meg Matthews didn't come out of her divorce from Noel with more, she lives in a modest house in Primrose Hill, but by no means a massive place, quite small. 2 beds I think.

Reactions: 7
I'm surprised Meg Matthews didn't come out of her divorce from Noel with more, she lives in a modest house in Primrose Hill, but by no means a massive place, quite small. 2 beds I think.
I think she frittered quite a bit of it away. She lived in a very nice (maybe 70s?) house in Primrose Hill for a long time but maybe she moved. Either way Primrose Hill is not cheap. Her and Noel split 20 years ago and she’s lived a pretty glamorous life since without any real recognisable job as far as I’m aware.

Reactions: 12
I think she frittered quite a bit of it away. She lived in a very nice (maybe 70s?) house in Primrose Hill for a long time but maybe she moved. Either way Primrose Hill is not cheap. Her and Noel split 20 years ago and she’s lived a pretty glamorous life since without any real recognisable job as far as I’m aware.
Think that's the same one, its nice, but not as impressive as I would have thought. He was the song writer most of the time which is where the money comes in.

Reactions: 5
Think that's the same one, its nice, but not as impressive as I would have thought. He was the song writer most of the time which is where the money comes in.
Yes it was/is quite quirky, lots of white. Guessing he paid for the house, the private education and maintenance which funded her lifestyle but he also has another family with Sara. I can’t imagine Noel would be stingy but perhaps Meg didn’t want much from him? I’ve never read him or her badmouth each other.

Edit: just googled and apparently he gave her £4m and a £1.2m house. Which is peanuts compared to what he’s worth and was worth then but still a huge sum of money.

Reactions: 9
Yes it was/is quite quirky, lots of white. Guessing he paid for the house, the private education and maintenance which funded her lifestyle but he also has another family with Sara. I can’t imagine Noel would be stingy but perhaps Meg didn’t want much from him? I’ve never read him or her badmouth each other.

Edit: just googled and apparently he gave her £4m and a £1.2m house. Which is peanuts compared to what he’s worth and was worth then but still a huge sum of money.
Noel was cheating on her with unlikebale Sara McDonald though wasn’t he? I seem to recall he tried to slag Meg off initially, but since Sara was named in the divorce papers for his adultery, I guess he realised it would be best to keep quiet.

I’m sure she used to live on New England’s Lane in Belsize Park at one point? I remember an at home interview where she complained her dressing room was on a different floor to her bedroom (god alone knows how she coped, I was seriously worried about her).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Noel was cheating on her with unlikebale Sara McDonald though wasn’t he? I seem to recall he tried to slag Meg off initially, but since Sara was named in the divorce papers for his adultery, I guess he realised it would be best to keep quiet.

I’m sure she used to live on New England’s Lane in Belsize Park at one point? I remember an at home interview where she complained her dressing room was on a different floor to her bedroom (god alone knows how she coped, I was seriously worried about her).
Well he's always claimed that he didn't actually cheat but just said that to speed the divorce up. Interested as to why do you say "unlikeable"? I'm always intrigued as to the negative stories floating around about Sara MacDonald.

I read a bit more about the divorce etc last night (huge Noel fan and as I was reading I realised that I did already know most of it). Meg was given a house in Regents Park but sold it around 2008 as it was too expensive to upkeep. She also checked into rehab and got herself sober around that time. She says in a couple of interviews that lots of the money just slipped through her fingers and that she was living a very extravagant lifestyle.

Meg invested in Fran Cutlers party planner business which was a massive mistake and she lost her investment . It was a big financial loss for her but Meg is a very generous woman. Fran moved on to being Kate Moss' companion. Admittedly her daughter and KM daughter are best friends but of course Fran benefitted. Kate Moss never loans money to her friends business ventures. She is very canny financially. But Meg learnt the hard way in helping out a friend.

Meg is a talented interior designer
I wish her all the best. Unpretentious and kind hearted. I am so pleased she survived those years.

Think this is a really good point. The reality of the London set in the late 90s is the we’re just normal people in the right place at the right time, and I can imagine many musicians and models/ tv presenters were easily influenced by strong charismatic personalities. You know what it’s like in London lots of people occupy high status positions in society just Because they are rich or a face on the scene. I blagged my way into so many places I can totally see how it happens
Completely just by going out socially in the late 90s for drinks or clubbing you came into contact with loads of people. It was more open and not as exclusive as nightlife is now. Me and my friends were just students but we managed to go see incredible live music just by being in London at that particular time. Me and my friend were drinking in the golden heart in Shoreditch in the 90s and Kate Moss insisted on buying us round after round of drinks. I think it was because at the time me and my friend were very serious drinkers....lol. we were there for our drinking session😆. Kate Moss probably recognized two kindred spirits at the time.

I wish a lot of these modern celebs would take a leaf out of Kate Moss book of never explain never complain. Its saved her so much grief but I know many need the Instagram likes to promote their products however they would do well to heed her example. Never give interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Meg invested in Fran Cutlers party planner business which was a massive mistake and she lost her investment . It was a big financial loss for her but Meg is a very generous woman. Fran moved on to being Kate Moss' companion. Admittedly her daughter and KM daughter are best friends but of course Fran benefitted. Kate Moss never loans money to her friends business ventures. She is very canny financially. But Meg learnt the hard way in helping out a friend.

Meg is a talented interior designer
I wish her all the best. Unpretentious and kind hearted. I am so pleased she survived those years.

Completely just by going out socially in the late 90s for drinks or clubbing you came into contact with loads of people. It was more open and not as exclusive as nightlife is now. Me and my friends were just students but we managed to go see incredible live music just by being in London at that particular time. Me and my friend were drinking in the golden heart in Shoreditch in the 90s and Kate Moss insisted on buying us round after round of drinks. I think it was because at the time me and my friend were very serious drinkers....lol. we were there for our drinking session😆. Kate Moss probably recognized two kindred spirits at the time.

I wish a lot of these modern celebs would take a leaf out of Kate Moss book of never explain never complain. Its saved her so much grief but I know many need the Instagram likes to promote their products however they would do well to heed her example. Never give interviews.
OMG, please tell us more about your night out with Kate Moss. What did she say, what did she wear, what did you wear, who else was there ...??

You wouldn’t believe how much I envy you

Reactions: 13
Lisa Moorish is quite interesting - very much in the Pearl Lowe category but didn't come from a middle class background. I read that she started off by basically stalking Bros at a very young age and basically moved as close to them as possible. I don't think she ever modelled though. She tried to launch a career as a singer but she was really just a groupie/hanger on. You do always wonder with these types if they were dealers and she had issues herself with substance abuse so who knows? I think she was having it off with Liam long before Oasis hit it really big. Liam definitely (reluctantly lol) set her up for life - a house in Primrose Hill in the 90s and I think I heard 6,000 per month to live off of. Peter never really paid towards Astile's upbringing. I have such mixed feelings about her and people I know think she's a really good person. But I can't stand hangers on. Personally, I think she is still in love with Peter and would have him back in a second. I don't think she fits the description from Alex James though!

Me and my friend were just minding our own business at the bar and Kate Moss was there with her friends she ordered a round of drinks for her table and then for us. We tried to politely decline ( we thought she would be drinking moet)
We were on lager. However she absolutely insisted on buying us drinks and just wanted to know where we were going after the pub closed. We said our student digs. Lol. Nothing prepared me for how arresting and beautiful her face is. We didnt bother her and we just chatted about fashion and hair styles. I think we caught her at around the best time , around 1998 to 1999. Whst I mean is there were no camera phones. We had an old Nokia but it was for texting with. I suppose what I am trying to say is she was so open and friendly to us then but I think that when she got busted much later mid 2000s with coke on camera, understandably she became much less trusting and became insular. I also believe her getting involved with Pete Doherty and his mileu did a real number on her. I think it's her cheekbones that make her so beautiful

I think she was with Rosemary Fegurson the model and the artists the Chapman brothers. She was dressed in a lovely fitted black dress but it's her diamonds that we remember. She had amazing diamond earrings and like an antique gold necklace. She seems to be able to pull off outfits that just wouldn't work on anyone else.

Lisa Moorish is quite interesting - very much in the Pearl Lowe category but didn't come from a middle class background. I read that she started off by basically stalking Bros at a very young age and basically moved as close to them as possible. I don't think she ever modelled though. She tried to launch a career as a singer but she was really just a groupie/hanger on. You do always wonder with these types if they were dealers and she had issues herself with substance abuse so who knows? I think she was having it off with Liam long before Oasis hit it really big. Liam definitely (reluctantly lol) set her up for life - a house in Primrose Hill in the 90s and I think I heard 6,000 per month to live off of. Peter never really paid towards Astile's upbringing. I have such mixed feelings about her and people I know think she's a really good person. But I can't stand hangers on. Personally, I think she is still in love with Peter and would have him back in a second. I don't think she fits the description from Alex James though!
I second the above. We were out and in a bathroom of a pub and lisa moorish came in absolutely off her tits shouting that we had to leave because she was changing her clothes because SHE HAD A GIG. She is very hard faced. I dont want to judge her on that incident alone cos I have been off my head numerous times but I am a happy drunk. She parlayed being connected to famous men into a career. Plus she is a really big pick me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I love Kate, I’m glad she seems to have calmed down & found happiness with Nikolai, she seems really relaxed & at peace in herself. Pete Doherty once said in an interview that Kate was violent, apparently she kicked him in the head because she thought he’d slept with the girl round the corner. He said in an interview when they split up that she burnt his childhood teddy Pandy & smashed him over the head with a guitar when he was sleeping. He also said that when she was married to Jamie she would ring him drunk to chat tit & have a laugh. A few years ago, whilst with Nikolai, it is reported that he sent her a love letter and a photo frame confessing his love for her. He once said when they went out she was jealous of other women & accused him of cheating which makes me wonder if she split up with Jamie because of his relationship with Alison Mossheart. You can tell Alison has always been madly in love with Jamie & they always seem a bit too close. That must have been hard when he was away on tours with her. Also I read Kate wanted to sing with the Kills at Glastonbury but the band said no. They appear to be great friends again now since she’s got off the drugs & sober, I love the videos he’s put together of their time together on his Instagram, he must love her dearly still.

Reactions: 9
I love Kate, I’m glad she seems to have calmed down & found happiness with Nikolai, she seems really relaxed & at peace in herself. Pete Doherty once said in an interview that Kate was violent, apparently she kicked him in the head because she thought he’d slept with the girl round the corner. He said in an interview when they split up that she burnt his childhood teddy Pandy & smashed him over the head with a guitar when he was sleeping. He also said that when she was married to Jamie she would ring him drunk to chat tit & have a laugh. A few years ago, whilst with Nikolai, it is reported that he sent her a love letter and a photo frame confessing his love for her. He once said when they went out she was jealous of other women & accused him of cheating which makes me wonder if she split up with Jamie because of his relationship with Alison Mossheart. You can tell Alison has always been madly in love with Jamie & they always seem a bit too close. That must have been hard when he was away on tours with her. Also I read Kate wanted to sing with the Kills at Glastonbury but the band said no. They appear to be great friends again now since she’s got off the drugs & sober, I love the videos he’s put together of their time together on his Instagram, he must love her dearly still.
Oh, I didn't know Jamie had an Insta with videos of Kate. I agree that Alison Mosshart seemed to be in love with him. They would have been a great couple. After they split up I saw a Kills gig and Alison looked so much like Kate, the figure/style/hair/make up and she simulated giving Jamie a blowjob.

Did anyone else read about Kate's marriage to Jamie being volatile? Apparently she threw his notebook into a pool as she was jealous.

I always saw Kate as a more difficult person, volatile and prone to aggressiveness. This makes her more fascinating in my view.
It is also interesting as she has been with Johnny Depp for three years and was depressed after they broke up but did not come out in his defence when he was accused of domestic abuse, unlike his other exes. I secretly suspect that it was she who trashed the hotel room (maybe with him) and he protected her. I would love to know why they broke up. They looked great together and I felt so sorry for her reading about how sad she was after the break-up.

Reactions: 4
“I secretly suspect that it was she who trashed the hotel room (maybe with him) and he protected her. I would love to know why they broke up. They looked great together and I felt so sorry for her reading about how sad she was after the break-up.

Gentlemen Johnny eh? 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 3
True. I don't think looks play a factor a lot of the time, we see good looking people being cheated on constantly. People get bored. Remember when Arnie cheated on his wife, Maria Shriver with his housekeeper? She was a normal, homely looking woman.

I imagine in that industry they see so many beautiful people that it must become normal after a while, if that makes sense?

I always wondered about this...why go.for the nanny...but maybe its something about them being nurturing and looking after their children in a way their partner doesn't? Dunno could be an odd theory...but I think there could be something in it!

Reactions: 2
“I secretly suspect that it was she who trashed the hotel room (maybe with him) and he protected her. I would love to know why they broke up. They looked great together and I felt so sorry for her reading about how sad she was after the break-up.

Gentlemen Johnny eh? 🤢
I was rather focused on her, instead of him.

I just find it unlikely that she slept whilst he trashed the room, as - especially back then - she used to be a party girl that enjoyed drinking and late nights and because Jame and Pete had reported about her temper.
I just cannot imagine her sleeping through this.
Seems out of character to me.

Gentlemen Johnny eh? 🤢
I was rather focused on her, instead of him.

I just find it unlikely that she slept whilst he trashed the room, as - especially back then - she used to be a party girl that enjoyed drinking and late nights and because Jame and Pete had reported about her temper.
I just cannot imagine her sleeping through this.
Seems out of character to me.

Oh, I didn't know Jamie had an Insta with videos of Kate. I agree that Alison Mosshart seemed to be in love with him. They would have been a great couple. After they split up I saw a Kills gig and Alison looked so much like Kate, the figure/style/hair/make up and she simulated giving Jamie a blowjob.

Did anyone else read about Kate's marriage to Jamie being volatile? Apparently she threw his notebook into a pool as she was jealous.

I always saw Kate as a more difficult person, volatile and prone to aggressiveness. This makes her more fascinating in my view.
It is also interesting as she has been with Johnny Depp for three years and was depressed after they broke up but did not come out in his defence when he was accused of domestic abuse, unlike his other exes. I secretly suspect that it was she who trashed the hotel room (maybe with him) and he protected her. I would love to know why they broke up. They looked great together and I felt so sorry for her reading about how sad she was after the break-up.
BREAKUP :

They reportedly did a lot of partying together; however, nearing the end of their relationship, he was allegedly starting to slow the partying down, but she wasn’t. Although things had been unraveling for months, they broke up for good in 1998 after a massive fight.

She had been staying at his place in L.A. and she thought that it was understood that she was living there, but he thought that she was just crashing. He had already tried living with her in New York City for six months, but he couldn’t take it.

At this point, he was tired of partying and how clingy she had become. The relationship ended for good after he reportedly called her “a crazy b-tch.”

She likes throwing things in the pool. Kate flew into a rage at Jamie’s birthday and pushed his friend Lady Mary Chatteris into a pool after she saw him talking to him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Meg did a great interview on DJ Fat Tony's pod The Recovery.
Well worth a listen

BREAKUP :

They reportedly did a lot of partying together; however, nearing the end of their relationship, he was allegedly starting to slow the partying down, but she wasn’t. Although things had been unraveling for months, they broke up for good in 1998 after a massive fight.

She had been staying at his place in L.A. and she thought that it was understood that she was living there, but he thought that she was just crashing. He had already tried living with her in New York City for six months, but he couldn’t take it.

At this point, he was tired of partying and how clingy she had become. The relationship ended for good after he reportedly called her “a crazy b-tch.”

She likes throwing things in the pool. Kate flew into a rage at Jamie’s birthday and pushed his friend Lady Mary Chatteris into a pool after she saw him talking to him.
Thank you so much for your insight.
Which breakup are you referring to - the breakup with Johnny Depp? He called her a crazy witch??
It sounds like she was more volatile than he was at that stage.

Oh, I heard about the pool incident at Jamie’s party as well. She seems to be the jealous type, which is strange as she is - Kate Moss, the biggest supermodel in the world.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.