Primrose Hill Gang

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frost French was basically a vanity project that some how dont ask me how got some traction. The clothes were poorly stitched and very generic. Think Baby doll lace dresses etc, knickers with slogans drawn on them. I feel some much needed Karma is catching up with the group. Thank Goodness. Sadie is not a nice person, neither is Jemima. Fran is like a stereotypical 1950s bar maid. I right old broiler. However she is hard as nails. I do not know how she has made a living because you wouldnt want her organising anything.

I am pleased Davinia is on the right track though. I feel she was dreadfully used by Gardner and Kate Moss and the whole Primrose Hill gang. She gave refuge to KM and her young daughter during the whole Pete Doherty years. Unfortunately Davina.wasnt hard enough to survive that group. You need skin like a rhino. Plus KM is teflon.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Frost French was basically a vanity project that some how dont ask me how got some traction. The clothes were poorly stitched and very generic. Think Baby doll lace dresses etc, knickers with slogans drawn on them. I feel some much needed Karma is catching up with the group. Thank Goodness. Sadie is not a nice person, neither is Jemima. Fran is like a stereotypical 1950s bar maid. I right old broiler. However she is hard as nails. I do not know how she has made a living because you wouldnt want her organising anything.

I am pleased Davinia is on the right track though. I feel she was dreadfully used by Gardner and Kate Moss and the whole Primrose Hill gang. She gave refuge to KM and her young daughter during the whole Pete Doherty years. Unfortunately Davina.wasnt hard enough to survive that group. You need skin like a rhino. Plus KM is teflon.
Whos Jemima?

Reactions: 1
Meg matthews is a lovely person as were her mother and father. Really nice and normal. But it's a case of beware the company you keep. Sadie is looking like what she is now a garden variety alcoholic. Donna Air really lucked out. Introduced to Damian Aspinall by Tara Palmer Tompkinson that was her entree into aristocratic circles. Reinvented herself as a Sloaney type. Fran Cutler is a fixer. Appleton sisters (again right place London mid 90s). Am a bit prejudiced because Nicole literally copped off with my room mates boyfriend in front of us both. She did my room mate a favour but still. Lol
The 90s were my youth and when I really came of age. I have mixed feelings about those times.

Whos Jemima?
Jemima French business partner of Sadie Frost. They had a fashion label together

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Meg matthews is a lovely person as were her mother and father. Really nice and normal. But it's a case of beware the company you keep. Sadie is looking like what she is now a garden variety alcoholic. Donna Air really lucked out. Introduced to Damian Aspinall by Tara Palmer Tompkinson that was her entree into aristocratic circles. Reinvented herself as a Sloaney type. Fran Cutler is a fixer. Appleton sisters (again right place London mid 90s). Am a bit prejudiced because Nicole literally copped off with my room mates boyfriend in front of us both. She did my room mate a favour but still. Lol
The 90s were my youth and when I really came of age. I have mixed feelings about those times.

Jemima French business partner of Sadie Frost. They had a fashion label together
Oh thanks!

Reactions: 3
Kaberet in Soho was fantastic. Brilliant music. Charlotte is not an offensive person like Fran. She is much quieter but really wanted to create a great party at Kaberet and she did.

Reactions: 6
Sorry I should shut up. Lol. Just discovered tattle and went clubbing in London around Britpop era. My friend and I used to do out all the time and we were reminiscing. She mentioned Tattle so I looked at the thread. I am not a big fan of the Primrose Hill set. Just my opinion tho.

Reactions: 13
Kaberet in Soho was fantastic. Brilliant music. Charlotte is not an offensive person like Fran. She is much quieter but really wanted to create a great party at Kaberet and she did.
Was just talking about kabaret with my friends the other day, such a brilliant night. Was more Charlotte cutler than fran behind it though wasn’t it?

Sorry I should shut up. Lol. Just discovered tattle and went clubbing in London around Britpop era. My friend and I used to do out all the time and we were reminiscing. She mentioned Tattle so I looked at the thread. I am not a big fan of the Primrose Hill set. Just my opinion tho.
Ha I am very similar. I have some overlap with them and wove in and out of that scene but would not say I was a fan..

Reactions: 2
I dunno, I wouldn't say people on here are necessarily fans but they were a group of semi interesting people living in a bit of an out there way weren't they? Quite parasitic and incestuous seeming.

Reactions: 10
Yes Charlotte was behind Kaberet and organised everything about the sets. I have no idea if she still organises sets like she used to. She wanted everyone there to have a good time and she is very low key and chilled.

God i haven’t thought about kabaret for years

it really feels like an era that won’t be repeated doesn’t it? It’s so old fashioned now, running round London blagging your way in wearing hipsters a glittery Cowl top

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I loved the Fridge in Brixton as well. It seems that nightlife then in mid 90s and early 2000s was more open and inviting. But I could be remembering it wrong as well.

Reactions: 13
I don’t think kids really do that sort of thing now (well obv not now as not open but the club scene has been dying a death for 10 years at least)

Yes you are right EltonjohnsFlorist. I do not go out at all now. Strange how things change. There wasnt the paranoia when I was going out, pre the social media age where things can be recorded.

Yes you are right EltonjohnsFlorist. I do not go out at all now. Strange how things change. There wasnt the paranoia when I was going out, pre the social media age where things can be recorded.
It’s true, thank god there were no camera phones. There were always A list slebs misbehaving in there, but what went on in kabaret stayed in kabaret..

Reactions: 7
The autobiography ‘All That Glitters’ by Pearl Lowe has some incredible stories in. For example her openly snorting lines of cocaine at a party while heavily pregnant and others encouraging her . Taking ecstasy in the hospital hours after giving birth to her son. Are just a couple of things that spring to mind. It’s well worth a read.

Apparently she wrote it when she’d recently got sober and needed the cash and now regrets being so honest
I immediately went to order this haha

Remember Kate’s clothing line at topshop? I had a red top and some denim hot pants from it, god I thought I was gorgeous going out wearing them 😂
god I remember when this was EVERYTHING in Brit fashion and really cemented top shop reign on the high street. The tea dresses! And anyone remember the wooden sole/heel black heels they had for ages which were trendy

Reactions: 11
god I remember when this was EVERYTHING in Brit fashion and really cemented top shop reign on the high street. The tea dresses! And anyone remember the wooden sole/heel black heels they had for ages which were trendy
Ha yes I had a floaty pale blue leopard print halter neck dress that I got in the sale.. but for some reason I put it in the washing machine and it came out Barbie sized 😢

Reactions: 2
I was a child in the 90’s but remember hearing about the primrose hill set and from mid 2000’s was a teenager so remember reading loads about kate moss in magazine especially when she was with Pete docherty! Thanks to whoever started this thread, I’m finding all of this fascinating it all seems very glamourous if that’s the right word? Models, parties, wealth and then we hear about drugs rehab etc I would love to be a fly on the wall at the parties!! I’ve spent yesterday googling it and seeing who was part of it. I think from what I’ve read Davinia Taylor went to rehab? Or went sober so maybe that’s why she isn’t as friendly with people anymore because she doesn’t want to be apart of a party lifestyle anymore?
I’m the same as you! So I remember these lot but clearly missed the wonder years. I just googled Kate’s 30th 😳

And in the report I read the thing that shocked me most was after all these cool artsy names they then went on to say “atomic kittens Jenny frost was seen” say what???

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.