Primrose Hill Gang

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am curious about the Bedales thing in relation to Pearl Lowe and Danny Goffey’s kids.

The fees are nearly 40 grand a year, per kid, before the school trips and extras. Did he really make that much money from Supergrass and has he continued to do so? It feels unlikely. I can’t see Pearl bringing home the bacon, can you? I think she had three kids with Danny. Are they really wealthy enough to spaff £120k plus a year on school fees????
My guess would be that he writes songs for other artists. That seems to be where the money is for former pop stars

Reactions: 10
My guess would be that he writes songs for other artists. That seems to be where the money is for former pop stars
Yes I'd forgotten the ad royalties from 'alright'. He probably does write too. They dont live in London either and according to a piece I read with Pearl they bought their house in Somerset for a knockdown price but still! It's amazing how much cash is sloshing around out there.

Reactions: 5
Yes I'd forgotten the ad royalties from 'alright'. He probably does write too. They dont live in London either and according to a piece I read with Pearl they bought their house in Somerset for a knockdown price but still! It's amazing how much cash is sloshing around out there.
Even very minor, Z-List celebrities seem to have vast amounts of money, even when they’re just from a reality show or had a minor role in TOWIE, and have no talent or skills.

Reactions: 6
Even very minor, Z-List celebrities seem to have vast amounts of money, even when they’re just from a reality show or had a minor role in TOWIE, and have no talent or skills.
Or so they claim, eh!

Her’s something that always made me laugh about one member of that gang (kind of. I suspect that the women didn’t take to her much), Sienna Miller. Or actually, her and her sister, Savannah Miller. The sister wanted to be a fashion designer and launched a label called Twentyeighttwelve. Fairly ambitiously priced and probably motivated similarly to Sadie Frost and Jemima French with their label: let’s piggy back off the fame of Sadie/Sienna, in a ‘you can dress just like cool little me!’ way.

Anyway I suspect that the cash wasn’t rolling in because the label soon spouted a suffix to its name: ‘Twentyeighttwelve by S Miller’. S Miller! Come off it! Pretending that your more famous sister designs the clothes and hoping that nobody will notice! It’s like launching ‘Channel’ perfume or ‘Mack’ lipstick. Anyway, the label appeared to die a death and Savannah Miller was last heard of making clothes for Debenhams (RIP). Do not try to trick the clothes-buying public. We shall never be fooled by shysters (except Philip Green).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Surely she can’t have made that much selling stories on her mates?

I’ve no feeling for what a band like Supergrass might have made. They weren’t Blur level moneymakers, let alone Oasis. I don’t know how the songwriting credits were split, or how much money anyone would make from royalties now (I suspect not much). I can’t see Supergrass headlining a big festival; second or third on the bill, maybe. They were most successful in the nineties. Plus Danny and Pearl will have spent a ton on drugs!

it is a proper mystery. Maybe they have rich parents.

In the early nineties I would sometimes pick up my elder brother’s discarded NMEs, Melody Makers and Record Mirrors (remember that!). Not that often because I hated the journalistic style, which was either super pompous or Caitlin Moran style ‘here I am getting drunk with my great mates in a crap indie band’ stuf.

Anyway, Pearl (when in the band Powder) would often pop up in features in the middle of the magazine, I assumed at the time because the publication had pages to fill and published weekly. Making her Melody Maker C list, a bit like Chanelle Houghton is for the gossip mags. I remember one feature where she, Sarah Cracknell from St Etienne (by that time on the skids) and a set of blokes from random third division British indie bands were discussing the state of music and Pearl said that in her band there was no star because “we’re not in a Sleeper situation”, ie she thought that Louise Werner, the singer in Sleeper, hogged the limelight. Which Pearl would NEVER do, of course. I thought, no, you’re bloody not, because unlike them you have never had a hit record!
I've always fancied reading Louise Werners book

I think Pearl is an interior designer, she's had a book out about "shabby chic" interiors. She also has had clothing lines in Peacocks, as well as her own label, think she's designed stationary/candles etc. No idea how much that would bring in. I think that Supergrass "Alright" has been used in adverts, tv shows etc, which will bring in a fee. If you make a well known crappy Xmas song you're set up for life apparently! I also wonder how much Daisy must earn, seems to live in North London in a ok area, but doesn't work much to my knowledge.
Daisy does low level marketing stuff with brands so that's probably fairly lucrative.

Reactions: 2
Or so they claim, eh!

Her’s something that always made me laugh about one member of that gang (kind of. I suspect that the women didn’t take to her much), Sienna Miller. Or actually, her and her sister, Savannah Miller. The sister wanted to be a fashion designer and launched a label called Twentyeighttwelve. Fairly ambitiously priced and probably motivated similarly to Sadie Frost and Jemima French with their label: let’s piggy back off the fame of Sadie/Sienna, in a ‘you can dress just like cool little me!’ way.

Anyway I suspect that the cash wasn’t rolling in because the label soon spouted a suffix to its name: ‘Twentyeighttwelve by S Miller’. S Miller! Come off it! Pretending that your more famous sister designs the clothes and hoping that nobody will notice! It’s like launching ‘Channel’ perfume or ‘Mack’ lipstick. Anyway, the label appeared to die a death and Savannah Miller was last heard of making clothes for Debenhams (RIP). Do not try to trick the clothes-buying public. We shall never be fooled by shysters (except Philip Green).
I am going to show my age here but back in the 80s there was a documentary series about rich people and one of the shows in the series was about the children of wealthy parents and how much everything cost that they wore/did/played with. I think it was called The Good Life (Not to be confused with the sitcom!)

Sienna and Savannah Miller were in it. From what I remember of the programme their mother was hugely ambitious for them and also very wealthy so they had the best of everything.

does anyone else remember this? I was only about 10 at the time but I remember my mum commenting on how unusual their names were, then years later Sienna Miller popped up as an actress and I put two and two together when I realised her sister was called Savannah.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
This is brilliant

Lisa Moorish has a daughter with Liam, not a son, Molly Moorish. For years Liam denied her and wouldn’t have anything to do with her, but Noel did and treated her like the niece she is. Molly and Liam have only reconnected in the last couple of years and now she’s making a career as a model.
I feel for Lisa slightly. He denied Molly in every sense for years. Molly’s now adopted the Gallagher name very soon after meeting him & seems to hold no ill feelings towards Liam but I’m not sure I’d be all that forgiving so quickly to a dad that couldn’t be arsed with me for 20 years.

Reactions: 27
Not unless your career needed a boost! Loads of kids of famous people appear to get modelling work despite not really being model material. Rafferty Law: very ordinary. Anais Gallagher: looks like her dad, god help her. I suppose that Molly thought that the Gallagher connection might help her to be famous, irrespective of her absent father’s behaviour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I am going to show my age here but back in the 80s there was a documentary series about rich people and one of the shows in the series was about the children of wealthy parents and how much everything cost that they wore/did/played with. I think it was called The Good Life (Not to be confused with the sitcom!)

Sienna and Savannah Miller were in it. From what I remember of the programme their mother was hugely ambitious for them and also very wealthy so they had the best of everything.

does anyone else remember this? I was only about 10 at the time but I remember my mum commenting on how unusual their names were, then years later Sienna Miller popped up as an actress and I put two and two together when I realised her sister was called Savannah.
Yeah I think generally they’re from a very wealthy family. Not sure who their father is but pretty sure Kelly Hoppen was their stepmother.

Didn’t Kate and all hate Sienna anyway cos of her being with Jude after Sadie ?

Reactions: 9
Yes, Kelly Hoppen was their stepmum. And, yes, I don’t think there was much love lost between Sienna and Sadie/Kate and others. Because of the Jude Law thing and also because Sienna tried to wrestle the ‘style leader of the Glastonbury VIP area’ crown from Kate with her boho skirts and gladiator sandals.

I just read an article about Lisa Moorish. I’d like to know how she’s made a living over the years! She’s not from a wealthy background. She’s had a few stabs at music but never got close to a hit record, and yet there she is, even before hitting the child support jackpot with Liam Gallagher and Pete Doherty, hanging around with the Primrose Hill twats and carrying designer handbags. I have a theory about where she got her money from, and I’m wondering whether she was their dealer.

Also, and this is barmy, extracted from Guardian interview from 2004:

“Soon after, she met Bros in Peckham and ended up moving out to be close to them in Bromley. She doesn't really explain this: just says she was friendly with Matt and Luke and their mum.”

Eh? She was 15/16 at this point. Who lets a 16 year old move to a different town to ‘be near’ a couple of up and coming pop stars? Sounds like she hit on the idea of getting her hooks into famous male musicians early on. Enough to follow them to Bromley and live nearby on her own. Enough to sleep with your mate’s new husband and conceive a child with him.

Here’s the article, if interested:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I once read a description of him that compared his face to a sweaty Dutch cheese. I don’t think that has ever been bettered.

in the brilliant and underrated Star Stories he’s living in a dumpster and Kate Moss meets him when she opens the lid.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Yes, Kelly Hoppen was their stepmum. And, yes, I don’t think there was much love lost between Sienna and Sadie/Kate and others. Because of the Jude Law thing and also because Sienna tried to wrestle the ‘style leader of the Glastonbury VIP area’ crown from Kate with her boho skirts and gladiator sandals.

I just read an article about Lisa Moorish. I’d like to know how she’s made a living over the years! She’s not from a wealthy background. She’s had a few stabs at music but never got close to a hit record, and yet there she is, even before hitting the child support jackpot with Liam Gallagher and Pete Doherty, hanging around with the Primrose Hill twats and carrying designer handbags. I have a theory about where she got her money from, and I’m wondering whether she was their dealer.

Also, and this is barmy, extracted from Guardian interview from 2004:

“Soon after, she met Bros in Peckham and ended up moving out to be close to them in Bromley. She doesn't really explain this: just says she was friendly with Matt and Luke and their mum.”

Eh? She was 15/16 at this point. Who lets a 16 year old move to a different town to ‘be near’ a couple of up and coming pop stars? Sounds like she hit on the idea of getting her hooks into famous male musicians early on. Enough to follow them to Bromley and live nearby on her own. Enough to sleep with your mate’s new husband and conceive a child with him.

Here’s the article, if interested:

often wondered the same about Lisa Moorish - no discernible personal success to support her lifestyle over the years. Probably just the dual paternity jackpots, but that’s a really interesting theory about how she maybe got to hang out with them all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Did I dream this or did Sienna Miller have an affair with Jude's pal Daniel Craig?

Reactions: 14
I feel for Lisa slightly. He denied Molly in every sense for years. Molly’s now adopted the Gallagher name very soon after meeting him & seems to hold no ill feelings towards Liam but I’m not sure I’d be all that forgiving so quickly to a dad that couldn’t be arsed with me for 20 years.
He didn't deny her really, he said that he couldn't get on with her mother. Although that is not an excuse quite frankly. And he paid a huge amount of child support which let Lisa have the lifestyle she had. Not sure what she's doing now because her daughter is over 18.

Reactions: 5
He didn't deny her really, he said that he couldn't get on with her mother. Although that is not an excuse quite frankly. And he paid a huge amount of child support which let Lisa have the lifestyle she had. Not sure what she's doing now because her daughter is over 18.
I’ve read an interview with Molly recently and although “deny” isn’t correct in that he didn’t say he wasn’t her dad but he didn’t have anything to do with her for years.
And then he had a child with a woman in America who he left Nicole Appleton for ?

Did I dream this or did Sienna Miller have an affair with Jude's pal Daniel Craig?
Yep! It came out in the phone tapping scandal. The news of the world tapped his phone and heard her leave him voicemails.
She also had an affair with Balthazar Getty which they flaunted all over the papers on a yacht. She’s said since she regrets it now and it basically ruined her career for years as she wasn’t taken seriously as she was more famous for her love life. She seems to be doing well as an actress now.
Her and Jude split cos he had an affair with his kids nanny

Reactions: 8
The woman in America had his kid all right (Liza Ghorbani?) but that’s not who he left Nicole Appleton for. That was Debbie Gwyther, who was some sort of PA at his record company or management company or something.

He’s been a busy boy, hasn’t he?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.