Primrose Hill Gang #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't compare CF's suicide with the "criticism" of JB, but I compared how she was treated publicly (and also on this forum) to how JB and KM ("she looks like an axxxxx") are being treated here right now.
CF was also called a "twit" if I remember correctly, amongst other things, and when she killed herself it was suddenly all "tragic". As with JB, a drunken and violent incident was relentlessly held against her and her whole character was vilified (she was called "a domestic abuser", "aggressive", "unstable", "a man eater" etc etc). This is documented, I am not making it up.
Why do you think she killed herself?

(You also called my comments passive aggressive, which they were not, and the user I initially addressed hinted that I might approve of JB's comments and find them "acceptable" - I call this an unwarranted attack on me.)
I guess we have to agree to disagree and I need to go and wash my hair now.

@whathastheworldcometo has actually previously commented (April 23rd 2022) on James’s use of the N word, and whilst it is true that you didn’t say it was acceptable, you certainly seemed quite keen to minimise and downplay it, going as far as to comment:
I remember using it as a child and not being aware that the word was offensive.
I even remember having something - a toy or sweets? - that showed a person of colour on the packaging.

Which makes it fine then! 👀 As for you not “coming down on my level” what can I say? If my level is apparently lower than people who happily throw around racist terms after they have had a few drinks, happy to stay on mine thanks - all the while of course looking up wistfully to your morally superior one 😂.

With regards to your whataboutery regarding Caroline Flack, - and people having the temerity to refer to her as a ‘domestic abuser’, she was charged with assault by the police against her boyfriend of the time! They were hardly spitefully making tit up were they?

And finally, as for moving on, you totally started this argument with me over your bizarre defence of James Browns proven racist language, - and snottily announcing it wasn’t a hate crime so what was the big deal?! You then went on to infer that me calling him a tit hairdresser might lead him to take his own life! I can only assume that you are him, or a friend of his, as your dogged defence makes little to no sense, - apart from maybe being overly sensitive due to the acknowledgment that you too used to use this language whilst younger.

Go and wash your hair, I dare say you’ll do a better job at styling it than James Brown would.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
@whathastheworldcometo has actually previously commented (April 23rd 2022) on James’s use of the N word, and whilst it is true that you didn’t say it was acceptable, you certainly seemed quite keen to minimise and downplay it, going as far as to comment:
I remember using it as a child and not being aware that the word was offensive.
I even remember having something - a toy or sweets? - that showed a person of colour on the packaging.

Which makes it fine then! 👀 As for you not “coming down on my level” what can I say? If my level is apparently lower than people who happily throw around racist terms after they have had a few drinks, happy to stay on mine thanks - all the while of course looking up wistfully to your morally superior one 😂.

With regards to your whataboutery regarding Caroline Flack, - and people having the temerity to refer to her as a ‘domestic abuser’, she was charged with assault by the police against her boyfriend of the time! They were hardly spitefully making tit up were they?

And finally, as for moving on, you totally started this argument with me over your bizarre defence of James Browns proven racist language, - and snottily announcing it wasn’t a hate crime so what was the big deal?! You then went on to infer that me calling him a tit hairdresser might lead him to take his own life! I can only assume that you are him, or a friend of his, as your dogged defence makes little to no sense, - apart from maybe being overly sensitive due to the acknowledgment that you too used to use this language whilst younger.

Go and wash your hair, I dare say you’ll do a better job at styling it than James Brown would.

You just take things out of context - not even quoting posts fully, twisting everything to suit your narrative.
It is no secret that language changes over time and even the n-word was used in a different context up until two decades ago and yes, I did consider as to why certain celebs (JB isn't the only one) are so quick to use offensive words, including the f-word and the c-word and others.
I never said its use was acceptable, so don't make it up.

I did say that I find some posters go too far with their comments, including yours, that's true. I stand by that.

CF wasn't convicted of domestic assault (a charge is not a conviction), nor was JB convicted of a hate crime (which racism is).

This extreme aggression against some celebs to me just comes across as bitter, so if you feel inferior maybe you should explore why.

As for your other conspiracy theory: no, I am not JB, but I talked to him a few times and he didn't strike me to be racist. I found him to be really nice, he was very polite and even checked something for me and send me the info afterwards and he smelled nice (and I would love for him to style my beautiful hair ;)

I hope this brought it back to Primrose Hill gang gossip and closes this topic now.

Reactions: 2
I think we’ve probably exhausted this particular conversation now, however I think it’s really important to make the point that if someone calls someone else the N word then that is racism in its most basic form. It doesn’t matter if someone else thinks that person doesn’t seem racist or if that person was pissed or if that person seems nice or whatever other ‘mitigating circumstances’ it might have occurred under. By saying the word, a person is insulted because of their skin colour or ethnicity and THAT IS RACIST.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I think we’ve probably exhausted this particular conversation now, however I think it’s really important to make the point that if someone calls someone else the N word then that is racism in its most basic form. It doesn’t matter if someone else thinks that person doesn’t seem racist or if that person was pissed or if that person seems nice or whatever other ‘mitigating circumstances’ it might have occurred under. By saying the word, a person is insulted because of their skin colour or ethnicity and THAT IS RACIST.
I agree that the word is offensive and a racist term, but:

There is still a difference between a racist act / behaviour and "being a racist". It is not the same.

And to reveal some personal information: I am actually not from the UK, did not grow up in the UK and English is not my first language.

I have experienced some racist behaviour in the past and do have a sense for people, so it is not as I am naive and unaware of the problem.

But frankly: this one incident was over ten years ago, JB apologised publicly despite not having been named publicly (he came out with it himself), he was drunk, grieving his sister, his friend had been charged with assault and he behaved in an overly aggressive way using a racist term.
Since then he supported BLM, LBGT groups and animal rights.

Why does this incident need to define him? Is there no compassion for people making mistakes? It seems to me that those people that so persistently scream "racist" are less tolerant than those having behaved badly themselves and frankly: I find this more disturbing.
Most of them couldn't even name the person he insulted, nor why.

This is also more concerning for people belonging to minorities as there is less understanding for (cultural) differences.

Reactions: 2
There is still a difference between a racist act / behaviour and "being a racist". It is not the same.
I’m sorry but I just don’t agree. If you behave in a racist way, then you are, by default, racist.

Ok, I’ve made my point, I’m out of this convo.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m sorry but I just don’t agree. If you behave in a racist way, then you are, by default, racist.

Ok, I’ve made my point, I’m out of this convo.
I don't see it this way - there is a difference between an isolated incident that you regret and on-going consistent behaviour.

I met many people that told me how "inclusive" they were and yet I could sense judgement from them - either for being female or from a different culture! They certainly treated white, middle-aged man with a posh Oxbridge accent differently whilst pretending not to, and I find this to be more racist/sexist than someone once hurling a drunken insult and regretting it.

Reactions: 3
🥱😴

can we get back on topic?
Yes let’s 👍🏻

I was having a nose at Liv Tyler’s ex’s insta earlier - Dave Gardner, they still look to be on good terms which is great but the kids seem to be all over the place - LA, New York, London, what looks like maybe Cotswolds. Must be hard when each parent lives on a different continent.

Reactions: 11
Yes ladies, let’s get back to the topics of the day, like how metallic pleats will never be Sadie’s friend 😭
Dave Gardner has always given me the ick, I always found him and Liv a really odd pairing

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think there's something deeply seedy about him
Agree, I liked Liv Tyler felt she was too good for him

On James Brown, I don't think 'being drunk' is an excuse for being racist, I've never seen any of my friends or family be racist even when drunk, its just not in their nature. Obv this is a different example but does being drunk also excuse committing a sexual crime or a physical assault, I don't think so. Yes I have been over the top and gushy and probably a bit of a pain at times when drunk but being abusive is not part of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It is not. Being drunk is NO excuse for being rapey, violent or racist. Full stop. (ETA: under English law btw)

Reactions: 16
Oooh I didn’t know Liv and Dave had split. I also always found that an odd pairing - he so bang average and she being an ethereal angel. I really dislike his vibe an’ all.

What’s in sober comes out drunk as my old Nan used to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The kid that Dave fought Davinia Taylor so hard for custody over has now been palmed off to boarding school, which is nice.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
The kid that Dave fought Davinia Taylor so hard for custody over has now been palmed off to boarding school, which is nice.
Davinia was an addict at the time (as she’s talked about many times) and Grey was considered at risk with her hence why Dave was granted custody. She’s since turned her life around and swapped booze and drugs for exercise. Her and Dave also seem to be on very good terms now (she often comments on his posts and him on hers) and I think they share custody. I agree though that he seems very slimy and how he pulled Liv Tyler is a total mystery.

Reactions: 9
Not defending DG, but he seems to be very sporty and into football and is a Millfield which has a great reputation for sport. Better for the boy to have some structure there than here there and everywhere like his dad. Mum seems scatty but close to all her boys.

Reactions: 8
I think Kate looked her best when she had her natural dark blonde/mousey hair. The bright blonde she's favoured for the last 20 years or so is a bit basic I think. Not that I'd presume to give Ms Moss lessons in style.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.