Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nothinonyou

VIP Member
The CPS do an amazing job in these cases, so thorough with testing and swabbing etc. it makes me wonder how many people years back got away with these crimes because we didn't have the knowledge or expertise we have now
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

Rubyroo160

Well-known member
JV took the trousers to the police, he said Preston was wearing them the day he died. JV said he'd had put them in the laundry basket and they'd gone mouldy by the time JV and JFM were allowed back into the house.
I think there was sick on them as well wasn’t there? Which could explain the mould on them if they weren’t allowed in the house for a while and they didn’t get washed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
The police interviews seem to be suggesting they’re not confident those were the trousers Preston was wearing on the day. I mean, I dunno about you guys but I don’t think in all my 30 odd years of living that my laundry has ever gone mouldy???
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

stickytoffeepud

Active member
I really hope that the reason court hasn’t sat today isn’t because one of the delicate likkle flowers on trial is too ill to attend.

I went back and looked at photos of my kids as babies. I have photos of them in a bath but the photos are of them playing with bubbles or whatever and nothing is on show (too many bubbles!). I do have a photo of my father in law changing a nappy, it’s a funny photo because he’s wearing rubber gloves and has a peg on his nose. The photo is taken from my son’s head, you can see he’s on his changing mat and has nude legs but again you can’t see anything. I’ve also got a photo of my kids and 2 of thier mates nude! They were playing and we heard peels of giggles and then they all ran in starkers and giggling! The photo I’ve kept is the one I shared and has stars over the privates.

as I was looking at them I remembered a saying that if you want to know what matters to someone look at what they take photos of, in my case happy kids and FiL in humorous situation. In JVs case….🤢🤢
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

Jayneh2020

Active member
He looks like a completely different person on that interview aswell from his episodes in the hospital. He looks very calm not as dramatic. You can see how hes pulled to wool over the social workers eyes. Rat!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
It certainly felt like there was a lot of DARVO going on. JV wanted everyone to see him as the victim, struggling to adjust to parenthood, lack of sleep, being the main carer. It was all about JV and how hard it was for him - no consideration for how hard it was for Preston to be taken from his foster parents and given to a pair of strangers who were abusing him.

I’m not sure whether he would have intended to use Preston for a time before terminating the adoption process and handing him back. As with the Leiland-James case, the social and emotional repercussions of failed adoptions are huge and the shockwaves go through the wider family. I’m not sure JV would have done it.

Also, a p*edophile would struggle to put his sick desires back in the closet once he’d found an outlet. The pattern is usually that they escalate and escalate.

And on that note - @IGiveUp22 - JV was definitely getting sexual gratification from the poo in the bath video. No doubt about that whatsoever.
Interesting.
So.. pedophilia was always something I cringed away from, skipped past news articles, pretended it was a near impossible thing, carried on with my day because it was too disturbing and painful to read about. I mentioned in an earlier post here that I only realised after I read about ian watkins and saw so many cases appear on my social media, how common it is. I think we aren't angry enough BECAUSE the natural reaction is to cringe the hell away from it and pretend it isn't real. For example I started to tell my husband about Prestons case and he shut me down and said he didn't want to know, because it would make him angry for days. So I don't have a very extensive knowledge on some of the things you mentioned there. When you say the usual behavior is to keep escalating, does this mean that a pedophile knows they will eventually be caught and they accept that, and just keep going as long as they can? 🤢 This off to prison stuff isn't cutting it. Surely at least chemical castration would be a small first step?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

Here2BNosey

Chatty Member
Re him being sick tht day, surely the police will be able to confirm this by either finding sicky clothing or not?
I thought this, in the bathroom on the chamge table and the rug? I think there's a few things we're yet to hear. The nappy he threw out of the window wasn't there. We've also been told swabs were taken from varley on arrest so I assume there's more forensics to come.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

nothinonyou

VIP Member
Can anybody just turn up and sit in on the trial? It’s not far from me, I’d love to go (not in a weird way) but think it would probably anger me too much to see those vile pieces of shit in real life
I'm pretty sure it's open. The hearings were open anyway as someone on tiktok went. It's only not open if it's a child giving evidence for example because their identity would be protected
You can email/call the court to ask they're usually very helpful
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

Lyla001

VIP Member
I think there was sick on them as well wasn’t there? Which could explain the mould on them if they weren’t allowed in the house for a while and they didn’t get washed.
Yes that's what the reporting said. 'When they were allowed back in the house' . I expect it would have been a crime scene for some time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

SamPam

Well-known member
Yeah you’re probably right. I feel I should clarify that I didn’t mean I’d love to go and watch it as though this is all just some juicy gossip. What I meant was, I find the criminal justice system fascinating and when I’m invested in cases like this one, I’d love to actually see the perpetrators being brought to justice. I feel my post may have been worded really insensitively and that’s the last thing I want.
Just felt I had to clear that up 😳
Didn't read like that, I'd be interested to see what it's like too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

LouBug19

VIP Member
I agree with others I dont think its fair to speculate about his birth Mum. We dont know her situation or what she's been through. She wouldn't have imagined her child would've been put into foster care and then adopted by absolute monsters. They were meant to keep in touch with the birth Mum but that would've stopped probably.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
I hope they have some more evidence against MF as right now, it would be hard to find him guilty when he wasn’t in the property…I find it very hard to believe that in the phone calls they weren’t discussing Preston’s state/what JV had done to him but there is no proof of the phone call content sadly
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

Shinythings

VIP Member
Something I clocked in the podcast was that Preston only started to become unwell and presenting to hospital once JMF went back to work. I'm wondering if this will give him the benefit of the doubt that JV was abusing him when he was at work
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

PaddyDomino

VIP Member
I doubt he was actually adopted as a child has to be with adopters for 10 weeks before they make the adoption application. The application is then lodged with the court and a court hearing date awaited. as he was only with them for 4 months, I suspect he was still a looked after child.

Therefore he would have been open to social care, had an allocated social worker who would have got alerts each time he presented at hospital. There should have been quite an intensive transition period from foster carers to adopters with numerous social worker visits once Preston would have been placed with these monsters.

the other red flag is when a child is placed with adopters they have to have permission to change the child’s first name. Was the social worker aware that one of the Dads was calling him something else?
Yes, according to the Lancs Live reporting of the trial, he was still a "looked after child", and a social worker was visiting weekly.
According to The Trial podcast, the name that Varley and McGowan used, Elijah, was Preston's middle name.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 8