Pregnancy and Corona

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I havent been in a shop since lockdown in March. As I work in a school I was sent home a few days before the schools shut. My hubby does any food shopping if we cant get deliveries. We social distance when out and have only had distanced meet ups in the garden. I'm actually looking forward to not having a tonne of visitors when baby arrives.
When are you due if you don't mind me asking? Are you going to allow immediate family into the home or not bother? I'm not sure how to go about it all! I find it all such a worry!

When are you due if you don't mind me asking? Are you going to allow immediate family into the home or not bother? I'm not sure how to go about it all! I find it all such a worry!
I'm not due until the 27th June but am being induced on the 20th for various reasons. Absolutely dreading going in alone for induction. My mum has a week off work and my Dad is retired, they are having my 2 boys while I have baby. So they will meet baby, unsure on other family. My in laws have not left the house since lockdown so they wouldnt technically pose a risk. I said to my husband we will have to assess when he arrives as the guidelines may change again by next weekend and we are also a small rural village with very low cases.

I'm not due until the 27th June but am being induced on the 20th for various reasons. Absolutely dreading going in alone for induction. My mum has a week off work and my Dad is retired, they are having my 2 boys while I have baby. So they will meet baby, unsure on other family. My in laws have not left the house since lockdown so they wouldnt technically pose a risk. I said to my husband we will have to assess when he arrives as the guidelines may change again by next weekend and we are also a small rural village with very low cases.
Oh good luck I hope it all goes well for you! I'm hoping I don't need to be induced as don't think Id cope being in the hospital alone but you are much stronger than you think! I'm hoping guidelines change as I am due around the same time. I think we will assess closer to the time, I would like my parents and inlaws to meet the baby but my parents have been here there and everywhere during lockdown so not possible I don't think 😔

Hello all. Not read all this thread but we welcomed our pandemic baby on Monday.

she was a elective section, as we had a terrible time of it the first time round and was recommended.

At our trust, Dad came about 45 mins before the surgery, and joined me again once spinal was in. He then didn’t leave my side for the whole thing, and joined in recovery for an hour after too.
After that he had to go home. It was a great
Experience still, even though a section wasn’t what I’d had hoped for.

im shielding, so had a room and wasn’t on ward, but the ward sounded lovely with everyone being in the same boat. I was On my way home 24h Later.

I think our trust is planning to ease up on restrictions slightly including scans by end of July.

Reactions: 3
Oh good luck I hope it all goes well for you! I'm hoping I don't need to be induced as don't think Id cope being in the hospital alone but you are much stronger than you think! I'm hoping guidelines change as I am due around the same time. I think we will assess closer to the time, I would like my parents and inlaws to meet the baby but my parents have been here there and everywhere during lockdown so not possible I don't think 😔
Oh no thats annoying. My dad hasnt left the house in 12 weeks and my mum literally goes to work 3 days a week in the evening and that's it, shes home the rest so in terms of risk I'd say they're relatively low. It's the unknown. I got myself in such a state a few weeks back about people wanting to hold the baby etc and I dont cope well with that anyway (I hated it with both my boys) and have said no one can kiss him. But have tried to relax now and not stress about it

Oh no thats annoying. My dad hasnt left the house in 12 weeks and my mum literally goes to work 3 days a week in the evening and that's it, shes home the rest so in terms of risk I'd say they're relatively low. It's the unknown. I got myself in such a state a few weeks back about people wanting to hold the baby etc and I dont cope well with that anyway (I hated it with both my boys) and have said no one can kiss him. But have tried to relax now and not stress about it
That's not too bad then, I really hope things are more relaxed. I don't think I'll be letting anyone hold the baby but would be nice to be able to have visitors indoors just for some support as this is my 1st. It's all just scary and unknown I think you just need to risk assess and decide what you are comfortable with don't you.

I've just seen that my maternity unit have now said if you're having an elective c section or induction you have to fully self isolate (rather than just social distancing) for 14 days before and go in for a covid swab test a few days before.

It make sense as I got swabbed on admission to the ward before my induction and she said the results take 48 hours and I was discharged and home before then. So if it came back positive it would have been too late to do anything other than trace the staff and other patients on the ward I had contact with.

They have also said mask will be provided for out patient appointments

Reactions: 1
How soon was everyone asked by their employer to get a MATB1 form? I've been asked already and I'm only 11 weeks. However you aren't able to get this from the midwife til 20 weeks, I obviously told them I was pregnant as they are starting to get staff back to work but have said its best not to return yet and stay furloughed. Get a funny vibe they don't believe me I'm actually pregnant and have been told to update them as much as possible? As I know a MAT1B is literally proof of pregnancy for claiming maternity pay. Not sure what they actually mean by updating them as much as possible but I've only been there 3 months so I barely know them and don't really want to share the intimate details of my pregnancy tbh 😕 I've already said my next midwife appointment will be at around 16 weeks then again after 20 weeks I'm guessing, I dont feel they need to know anything else?

My daughter is 8 and a half months pregnant and i was meant to be her birthing partner along with her partner but because of all this i can’t be with her, absolutely gutted 💔
she’s been to most of her scans alone.
Thousands of people can protest in london but Women have to give birth alone, regardless of what the protests are about i think it’s disgusting.
Sorry for the rant x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My daughter is 8 and a half months pregnant and i was meant to be her birthing partner along with her partner but because of all this i can’t be with her, absolutely gutted 💔
Thousands of people can protest in london but Women have to give birth alone, regardless of what the protests are about i think it’s disgusting.
Sorry for the rant x
I thought woman were allowed 1 birth partner?

Sorry for the rant x
I think its really terrible it just isn't right 😔

I thought woman were allowed 1 birth partner?
I'm not sure if its based on area. My hospital allows 1 birthing partner but no partners at scans

we’ve been told he can only go in when she’s about to give birth, she has to do labour alone
Think it's the same here, allowed in after 4cm dilated I believe. Im in the same position, 8 and 1/2 months pregnant with my first. I understand its to stop the spread of the virus but surely its safer to have people in a hospital than out on the streets in thousands protesting??

I was told someone will meet me at the door of the hospital and partner needs to wait in the car. They will examine me and decide if I'm staying in or not.. If I need to stay in but not far enough on my partner will be sent home. 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I will be 29 weeks on Sunday with my second.

I’m just taking it one day at a time. I’m a very stressy person anyway but had a MMC between my son and this one and it’s made me a bag of nerves.

Thankfully my husband got to attend my reassurance scan at 10weeks and regular 12 week scan as those were before lockdown. Was very scary going to the 20 wk scan on my own but understandable.
I’m due to have regular growth scans because of my past and assuming they’ll all be on my own too.
Hoping by August things may have relaxed a bit.

In regards to CV I’ve not left the house apart from the allocated exercise since March 23rd. Starting to feel a bit weird about going out now which is worrying. I’m usually such a sociable person, never in.

How soon was everyone asked by their employer to get a MATB1 form? I've been asked already and I'm only 11 weeks. However you aren't able to get this from the midwife til 20 weeks, I obviously told them I was pregnant as they are starting to get staff back to work but have said its best not to return yet and stay furloughed. Get a funny vibe they don't believe me I'm actually pregnant and have been told to update them as much as possible? As I know a MAT1B is literally proof of pregnancy for claiming maternity pay. Not sure what they actually mean by updating them as much as possible but I've only been there 3 months so I barely know them and don't really want to share the intimate details of my pregnancy tbh 😕 I've already said my next midwife appointment will be at around 16 weeks then again after 20 weeks I'm guessing, I dont feel they need to know anything else?

Hi, midwife here. You legally have to give your employees 15 weeks before week baby is due so 25 weeks. You dk not have to keep them updated before then, you can legally have time off for antenatal appts if you are working. We cannot provide a matb1 prior to 20 weeks so it is usually done for the 24 week appt. Id advise making a copy if you are able to do so. Both you and your partner will need to take the original in for maternity and paternity leave. This link here tells you about your rights during pregnancy and work.

• Heart
Where will he be able to wait? In a waiting room?
i’m not sure, outside the hospital i’m assuming, and they said if he’s got a temperature of 38 he won’t be allowed in. He has to wear a mask too, the thing is they live together so what difference does it make if he’s there with her, i know they need to protect people i just think it’s so unfair x

Hi, midwife here. You legally have to give your employees 15 weeks before week baby is due so 25 weeks. You dk not have to keep them updated before then, you can legally have time off for antenatal appts if you are working. We cannot provide a matb1 prior to 20 weeks so it is usually done for the 24 week appt. Id advise making a copy if you are able to do so. Both you and your partner will need to take the original in for maternity and paternity leave. This link here tells you about your rights during pregnancy and work.
Thank you 😊

i’m not sure, outside the hospital i’m assuming, and they said if he’s got a temperature of 38 he won’t be allowed in. He has to wear a mask too, the thing is they live together so what difference does it make if he’s there with her, i know they need to protect people i just think it’s so unfair x
Yeah this is what I dont understand if your from the same household 😔

Thank you 😊

Yeah this is what I dont understand if your from the same household 😔
If hes symptomatic and has the virus he will be risking passing it on when he walks in and out of the hospital. He won't be an inpatient so therefore will need to leave at some point. The woman needs to be in hospital to have her baby and will be isolated as necessary. It's a horrible situation and not one we like but we have to protect our staff and other mums and babies as much as we can.