Pregnancy and Corona

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought I would start a thread about being pregnant during covid. How is everyone coping/keeping safe?
What are you doing with your children/animals whilst in hospital etc?

Hiya! Nice to see this thread.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant. My 20 week scan and 25 week midwife appointment have happened since lockdown, so my husband wasn't able to come with me. Unsure how things will look in late August/early September when the baby is due.

I'm actually feeling pretty ok about it all. Of course it would be nice to shop for baby stuff and see friends. It's kind of a blessing in disguise, as I have a difficult relationship with my parents, so not having to see them has been quite nice :censored:

How are you doing?

Reactions: 3
Hiya! Nice to see this thread.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant. My 20 week scan and 25 week midwife appointment have happened since lockdown, so my husband wasn't able to come with me. Unsure how things will look in late August/early September when the baby is due.

I'm actually feeling pretty ok about it all. Of course it would be nice to shop for baby stuff and see friends. It's kind of a blessing in disguise, as I have a difficult relationship with my parents, so not having to see them has been quite nice :censored:

How are you doing?
Ohhh lovely congratulations! Praying things have settled down before your bub arrives. I'm OK thank you 34 weeks tomorrow with baby number 1 so it's getting closer, luckily had my scans before lockdown etc but my 31 and 34 week appointments have been cancelled and done via phone instead! Hoping restrictions are relaxed by early July (Scotland) when baby is due as I have no family close except my partner and living in an area I am not originally from so was relying on family being able to visit. 😔

Reactions: 2
I'm 35 weeks with baby number 3 😍 I got sent home from work the tuesday before schools closed (I work as a TA) and I was gutted, I didnt get to say bye to the kids and i feel i just sort of abandoned them.

I had my scans prior to lockdown so thankfully my husband was able to attend, but have had 1 growth scan since (another in june) and have to go alone. So far we are allowed 1 birth partner which I'm so grateful for.

My mum has booked 2 weeks off work (supermarket) which is flexible so she can have my children while I'm in labour. She only works part time so it's easier to alter her holiday, but my eldest has autism so he needs to go to her otherwise he'd kick off. I'm secretly glad we wont be inundated with visitors post birth, but some days I get in a right state at the thought of people coming near the baby. My neighbours basically ignore social distancing and I'm not very vocal but my husband would say something if they tried to come near. My youngest is able to go back to school in June but due to the baby I'm keeping him home.

I have a 3 week old baby and just wanted to say that all things considered my birth experience in the hospital was great.

If any of you have questions and if I can help out your mind at ease about anything then ask away.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a 3 week old baby and just wanted to say that all things considered my birth experience in the hospital was great.

If any of you have questions and if I can help out your mind at ease about anything then ask away.
Congratulations. Glad you had a positive experience. I'm hoping it all goes smoothly in 6 weeks! Was your partner allowed to visit afterwards? At our hospital once baby is born partner must leave and isn't allowed back until time to go home which I'm worried about, being on a ward with a new born as a first time mum sounds daunting!

I'm 35 weeks with baby number 3 😍 I got sent home from work the tuesday before schools closed (I work as a TA) and I was gutted, I didnt get to say bye to the kids and i feel i just sort of abandoned them.

I had my scans prior to lockdown so thankfully my husband was able to attend, but have had 1 growth scan since (another in june) and have to go alone. So far we are allowed 1 birth partner which I'm so grateful for.

My mum has booked 2 weeks off work (supermarket) which is flexible so she can have my children while I'm in labour. She only works part time so it's easier to alter her holiday, but my eldest has autism so he needs to go to her otherwise he'd kick off. I'm secretly glad we wont be inundated with visitors post birth, but some days I get in a right state at the thought of people coming near the baby. My neighbours basically ignore social distancing and I'm not very vocal but my husband would say something if they tried to come near. My youngest is able to go back to school in June but due to the baby I'm keeping him home.
Congratulations. I'm in a similiar situation, worked with kids and found out we were closing on the Wednesday so didn't get tk say goodbye to children or parents. Glad you managed to have your scans before lockdown, we were the same. I was just wondering as we have two dogs and nowhere for them to go, only option is to have some sit them in our home which is obviously against lockdown rules but what else can you do?!

Reactions: 1
Is there anyone you could drop the dogs off with? You could drop the dogs off without actually entering the house?
We have a dog also but she'll just got to my mums with the kids, she has enough room 🤣
Our hospital is the same with regards to partners. They are allowed during active labour but if/when you are transferred to the ward you arent allowed anyone there. They've also started allowing women to go home during the induction process rather than staying in alone. I think they're trying to let you go home as soon as its safe so you arent stuck in on your own.

My husband cant drive, he was learning and set to have passed by the time baby arrived but due to Covid he wasnt able too. So we havent quite worked out how we will get to the hospital. We said about him driving as I can be a passenger with him as a learner, but I think I'm technically meant to be in a 'fit state' to sit next to him when driving.

Is there anyone you could drop the dogs off with? You could drop the dogs off without actually entering the house?
We have a dog also but she'll just got to my mums with the kids, she has enough room 🤣
Our hospital is the same with regards to partners. They are allowed during active labour but if/when you are transferred to the ward you arent allowed anyone there. They've also started allowing women to go home during the induction process rather than staying in alone. I think they're trying to let you go home as soon as its safe so you arent stuck in on your own.

My husband cant drive, he was learning and set to have passed by the time baby arrived but due to Covid he wasnt able too. So we havent quite worked out how we will get to the hospital. We said about him driving as I can be a passenger with him as a learner, but I think I'm technically meant to be in a 'fit state' to sit next to him when driving.
Nooo unfortunately they cannot go to either parents as they would fight with their dogs and it would be a disaster! The hospital rules sound similar to ours, hope you manage to sort it out before baby arrives!

Congratulations. Glad you had a positive experience. I'm hoping it all goes smoothly in 6 weeks! Was your partner allowed to visit afterwards? At our hospital once baby is born partner must leave and isn't allowed back until time to go home which I'm worried about, being on a ward with a new born as a first time mum sounds daunting!
I'm a FTM too and I was worried about the same thing before giving birth. As soon as I was there I didn't even really think about it.

I was induced so my husband dropped me off at the doors to the ward at 11am and I had a little cry.
I was monitored and then induced at 3pm. Luckily everything moved very quickly and I was having contractions straight away. I begged the midwife to examine me before the 6 hours were up and at 7.30pm I was 4cm and could go to delivery suite. I text my husband to tell him to come to the hospital. I went to the delivery suite at 8.15pm and gave birth 00.45am. They were really busy so I was sent back to the ward at 3am and my husband was sent home.

My husband was allowed back to pick us up when I was discharged at 1.30pm. He had to wait at the doors to the ward and the midwife took my bags to him and came back with the car seat.

The midwives were great and it was actually really nice spending some alone time with my baby and it built my confidence with him as I had to change his first nappy and stuff like that on my own.

The only negative was we struggled with breastfeeding and didn't have a lot of support. I felt rushed by the midwives and we couldn't go home without feeding so I went with formula. If my husband was allowed on the ward I would have been happy to stay in hospital and tried a bit longer to breastfeed.

• Heart
Nooo unfortunately they cannot go to either parents as they would fight with their dogs and it would be a disaster! The hospital rules sound similar to ours, hope you manage to sort it out before baby arrives!
Thankyou. I'm trying not to worry about it too much, but baby 2 arrived within 10 minutes of getting to hospital so should probably have a plan in place. Best of luck to you x

Hello, 4 months preggo here...
Upsides: not having to hide the bump the first trimester
Downsides: not being able to keep as fit as with my first
Also, the underlining worry of this virus and how it may affect us.

Hi, I’m 26 weeks pregnant due 27th August. Am taking each week as it comes regarding lockdown, we can only hope things will be eased a bit by time baby is due. We have a 2.5 year old little boy and our plan for labour has always been to have my mother in law come to ours to look after our son so we can get to the hospital. I’m guessing this is allowed even tho it’s technically going against current lockdown rules? Otherwise I’ll be phoning a taxi or an ambulance to get me to the hospital alone as I’m not a confident driver and I can’t imagine it’d be safe to have a nervous wreck woman in labour at the wheel lol.. My hospital are currently allowing fathers to attend the birth (once labour is established) but have to leave 2 hours after placenta delivers and aren’t allowed back until u can go home. Does worry me as last time he stayed with me the whole 2 days we were in hospital and I do get anxious on my own in an unfamiliar place. But of course I completely understand rules are rules and I’m hoping I’ll be too occupied with my little baby to worry about not having my partner there! Xx

Hi, I’m 26 weeks pregnant due 27th August. Am taking each week as it comes regarding lockdown, we can only hope things will be eased a bit by time baby is due. We have a 2.5 year old little boy and our plan for labour has always been to have my mother in law come to ours to look after our son so we can get to the hospital. I’m guessing this is allowed even tho it’s technically going against current lockdown rules? Otherwise I’ll be phoning a taxi or an ambulance to get me to the hospital alone as I’m not a confident driver and I can’t imagine it’d be safe to have a nervous wreck woman in labour at the wheel lol.. My hospital are currently allowing fathers to attend the birth (once labour is established) but have to leave 2 hours after placenta delivers and aren’t allowed back until u can go home. Does worry me as last time he stayed with me the whole 2 days we were in hospital and I do get anxious on my own in an unfamiliar place. But of course I completely understand rules are rules and I’m hoping I’ll be too occupied with my little baby to worry about not having my partner there! Xx
I think they'll try and get you out as soon as it is safe for you to leave, especially as it's your second child they tend to try and let you home asap. Also, pretty sure for medical emergencies it's ok to 'break lockdown' so your mother in law coming over would be acceptable. It would be a safer situation than you getting into a taxi with someone who has shared a vehicle with multiple people. Everything's changing all the time so by August lockdown rules may be eased even more. Good luck xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think they'll try and get you out as soon as it is safe for you to leave, especially as it's your second child they tend to try and let you home asap. Also, pretty sure for medical emergencies it's ok to 'break lockdown' so your mother in law coming over would be acceptable. It would be a safer situation than you getting into a taxi with someone who has shared a vehicle with multiple people. Everything's changing all the time so by August lockdown rules may be eased even more. Good luck xx
thank you xx

does anyone know if partners are allowed to scans yet? Preferably by the end of the month? I'm in the south West and partners are allowed at the birth at my hospital. No info anywhere on hospital website or my letter regarding scans though 😔 putting off ringing til the day before as I know i won't like the answer they give me but I'm hoping they'll have changed the rules by then?

does anyone know if partners are allowed to scans yet? Preferably by the end of the month? I'm in the south West and partners are allowed at the birth at my hospital. No info anywhere on hospital website or my letter regarding scans though 😔 putting off ringing til the day before as I know i won't like the answer they give me but I'm hoping they'll have changed the rules by then?
I don't think so, unless you book private I know a few people who had private ones so partners could attend. They are expensive. Partners still aren't allowed in until labour is active if you are induced either(4cm where I am)

Still not allowed to go to scans here in south east ☹

I'm south west also (devon) and have to attend alone. I had a 36 week growth scan yesterday and went solo and have to go back Friday to see the consultant alone. Xx

Thank you everyone ❤ I understand why but at the same time I think its awful we have to go alone 😔 its my first time as well I'm gonna be terrified tbh

Thank you everyone ❤ I understand why but at the same time I think its awful we have to go alone 😔 its my first time as well I'm gonna be terrified tbh
Good luck lovely. Its an awful situation attending appointments alone but the midwives etc will be there for you! Make sure you ask any questions you have and get clarity on anything you are unsure of. Xx