Votes: 20 15.0%
  • 33-38 weeks

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Full term / overdue

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Just had my baby

Votes: 11 8.3%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread

Off topic thread

Continue

I’ve not had decent sleep for 6 days. Six. I’m currently drinking a sneaky Redbull as some sort of weird endorphin / keeping myself sane treat.

Reactions: 8
Up a bracket since the last thread! 28 weeks on Wednesday! Feels like there isn't enough time but also I can't wait to meet baby.

Reactions: 5
Eeeek I think this is the thread that a few of us are going to have our babies 🥲

Reactions: 11
When you know what you’re feeling for, is it really easy to tell? I’m always so amazed by how quickly you midwives just know from a quick press around, when I feel it just feels squidgy, I don’t get it
Yes! It is quite difficult to do on yourself I won’t lie. We usually do it in 4 steps, so the fundal first, find the top of the uterus and then move downwards from there. The head will feel rounder compared to the bum. Limbs i tend to follow, if it carries on I know it’s usually a knee or an elbow.
Use the side of your hand to press from your ribs, and work down, you’ll feel a change with how it feels, that’ll be the top of the uterus. Then we move round the sides and down. Some aren’t so easy to feel, if there’s extra fluid, bmi plays a part in it too. But have a go, you have to press harder than you think but it’s really fascinating!

Reactions: 7
Just a couple of days off the next bracket, although stuck to what I’m at because 33-38 sounds terrifying!

Exciting that there could be some babies this thread, I am hoping I’ve got a couple more threads in me!

I asked my midwife about feeling the baby at 31w, she says she can normally tell more than 34 - not sure if that’s to do with my bmi etc but she could feel something but not sure if it’s a head or bum. Since then though I can definitely feel a bulge at times!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone else gotten melasma during their pregnancy? I have it quite badly on my cheeks and upper lip

Reactions: 3
didn’t know whether to click the ‘just had my baby’ or the ‘not pregnant, just nosey’ option

Just a reminder there is an off topic chat for all you lovely pregnant ladies & the post partum ladies to keep in touch and talk about things not pregnancy related 🫶

eta Oh i didn’t see it was always mentioned whoops

Almost 16 weeks! I joined the thread shortly after I found out at between 4-5 weeks

Reactions: 7
I’ve cheated a bit and ticked 27-32 weeks, although I’m not actually 27 until Wednesday. It sure does fly in, can’t believe I’m coming up to the 3rd trimester! Constantly counting down the weeks until I stop work already!

Thank you! I’m gonna look like a proper weirdo prodding myself in bed later but gonna give it a go I presume it gets easier to feel them the bigger they get?

Reactions: 1
Can’t believe I’ve now completely jumped a couple of brackets and am now pressing just had my baby 🥲

Reactions: 16
Can’t believe I’ve now completely jumped a couple of brackets and am now pressing just had my baby 🥲
bless you thinking of you and baby. I hope you’re looking after yourself and giving yourself time to process what has happened. You are both amazing

Reactions: 2
I've just tried to research the free childcare hours working parents will be entitled to next year but I really don't understand exactly what we get and the rules around taking them etc
I know they get 15 hours a week from 9 months old, then that goes up to 30 hours from September 2025, but I don't understand when we have to apply for them, how they have to be used and what we still need to pay for. Does anyone have a less melted brain and is able to explain?

From my understanding it’s like 11 hours a week if you spread it out over the year and 15 if it’s term time only . So your monthly costs would be like their figure minus the free hours but some nurseries Ul still have to pay for food and that

also I think the application is only valid for 3 months so only apply for it couple months before they start

What I didn’t realise was it’s actually from the term after they turn 9 months. So with my baby due at the start of July, they turn 9 months at the start of April, meaning we have to wait until September to get the free hours, which really puts some parents at a disadvantage.

Reactions: 2
If it’s a late Easter you could get lucky

You apply for your place at the nursery and they’ll tell you when you need to apply for your code and when the free hours can start but as has been said it’s the term following them turning the age and they’re can still be hidden fees.
You have to log into your childcare account every 3 months to keep it active but it’s just a reconfirmation that your circumstances haven’t changed and you’re still eligible, an easy click through.

Don’t forget everyone to apply for child benefit as soon as you get baby’s birth certificate. I think, can’t remember for sure as it was Covid ao abnormal, you’ll use the same .gov gateway details for the childcare account.

Lots of bottles deals on Amazon today that seem to be genuine discounts. Plus 15% off many if you do a baby wish list. You can use the discount over multiple orders rather than needing to save it to use for one big order. I literally add it to the wish list then transfer to my basket (has to be “sold by” and “dispatched by” Amazon to qualify).

Does anyone have any heart burn/ acid reflux tips please? Only just over 9 weeks but I’ve a sore throat and a burnt patch in my throat from the reflux being so bad

rennies, anti sickness meds, being careful, not eating for hours before bed, sleeping on the left side whilst raised etc hasn’t even touched it and I can’t go to sleep tonight because I physically can’t lay down or I will throw up