Pregnancy #54

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know when you’re on the ctg machine and see the toco number, what number do they class as contractions rather than just braxton hicks/normal tightenings?
I think it’s around 50ish. I never had braxton hicks, but I used to be obsessed with the toco number when I was on the CTG machine hahaha. My water broke at home and my contractions actually started whilst I was hooked up and I remember it being 50ish when I was like wow that was intense, and my partner told me how high the number had gone I was like well I guess these are contractions 😅
 
Glad your scan went well, did you find out what you're having?
We already knew thanks to the NIPT but I was glad to have it confirmed. I’m still not used to it being different from my first, kept thinking they’d say it was a mistake but there was no mistaking the ultrasound []😂
People keep saying “oh lovely, one of each” but I’m low key panicking I don’t know what to do with one of them!

(I don’t mean to be a secretive fool about it, just usually try to not give away identifying info as I’m active on a thread where they like to find and doxx you)
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
We already knew thanks to the NIPT but I was glad to have it confirmed. I’m still not used to it being different from my first, kept thinking they’d say it was a mistake but there was no mistaking the ultrasound []😂
People keep saying “oh lovely, one of each” but I’m low key panicking I don’t know what to do with one of them!

(I don’t mean to be a secretive fool about it, just usually try to not give away identifying info as I’m active on a thread where they like to find and doxx you)
That's totally understandable ❤
 
We already knew thanks to the NIPT but I was glad to have it confirmed. I’m still not used to it being different from my first, kept thinking they’d say it was a mistake but there was no mistaking the ultrasound []😂
People keep saying “oh lovely, one of each” but I’m low key panicking I don’t know what to do with one of them!

(I don’t mean to be a secretive fool about it, just usually try to not give away identifying info as I’m active on a thread where they like to find and doxx you)
We found out our twins are both the same gender- the opposite to our first. I am bloody terrified 🤣

I’m guessing it’s normal to feel that way?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
We found out our twins are both the same gender- the opposite to our first. I am bloody terrified 🤣

I’m guessing it’s normal to feel that way?!
I think so. There’re genuine concerns how different genders can be more susceptible to different issues but, I think i was just feeling pretty confident, ‘I know what I’m doing this time’ to suddenly, ‘Well tit! This is new!’ But really I know it’s not much different at all. If they were the same, I’d probably have come up with another reason to feel like that 🥴

Congratulations too, I think we’ve got the same split and are really similar dates x
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I’m having a girl this time round and I already have a little boy. I half feel confident/half feel terrified 🤣 everyone I’ve spoken to with one of each has said the girl is harder. Apart from one Mum, who said it’s just the second child that is harder. So that’s exciting 🤣

Also I’ve found with mainly the older generation when they ask if you know what you’re having and you say ‘girl’ and they know you already have a boy - they are always ‘ohhhh how lovely, one of each, perfect’ 😅
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I have 4 girls and 2 boys. Their challenges have come in many forms but I wouldn’t attribute gender to any of them challenges (other than after my first borns being twin girls, then a boy - remembering to point that peepee downwards in his nappy 🤣🤣🤣).
I think it definitely changes once they’re at the pre-teen stage as girls and boys obviously face different things hormonally, but even then some are affected more than others.
But you have 10-12 years before you have to worry about that 😆
Honestly don’t worry about the genders, it’s just because you’re used to one way. You will find your way with the other gender too!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m having a girl this time round and I already have a little boy. I half feel confident/half feel terrified 🤣 everyone I’ve spoken to with one of each has said the girl is harder. Apart from one Mum, who said it’s just the second child that is harder. So that’s exciting 🤣

Also I’ve found with mainly the older generation when they ask if you know what you’re having and you say ‘girl’ and they know you already have a boy - they are always ‘ohhhh how lovely, one of each, perfect’ 😅
I am guilty of saying oh one of each how nice 🤣
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Okay so this is probably a really dumb question but I'm going to ask it any way... Currently 35+5 and on Wednesday night/Thursday morning I got woken up by really painful movements and it felt like I had a massive rubber ring expanding round my waist. I dismissed it the next morning as I was half asleep and bump was normal. Mentioned it to my midwife at my appointment on Friday and she said that baby has done a 180 and is now upright, so feet down, head up. I got up to go to the loo Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and I could help a faint popping sound. I was stood in the bedroom trying to work out where it was coming from as I thought we'd sprung a leak somewhere but it was coming from my bump 🤣 Has anyone else experienced this? It's not "normal" tummy gurgles from wind, literally really faint popping with no sensation or movement, and it only happens at night and has only happened since baby disco danced themselves the wrong way up!
Chiming in late because I'm new here and don't think you ever got an answer to this?
I remember this late on with my first pregnancy - The sound is your chorion and amnion (inner and outer membranes of the amniotic sac) rubbing together, maybe it's just more apparent now your baby's in a different position!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I am guilty of saying oh one of each how nice 🤣
Yeah most people do say that cos it is nice, I’ve just had a few older people say like ‘oh wow two of each that’s the perfect family bla bla’ like having 2 boys wouldn’t be nice 😆
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I’m defo guilty of saying “one of each will be nice” in regards to myself because I think it would be nice to experience both but equally I’d be happy with 2 of the same so that they’re more likely to have the same interests growing up (I know that’s not necessity the case) and we can reuse all of my eldest clothes etc don’t think anyone ever means it with ill will
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I’m defo guilty of saying “one of each will be nice” in regards to myself because I think it would be nice to experience both but equally I’d be happy with 2 of the same so that they’re more likely to have the same interests growing up (I know that’s not necessity the case) and we can reuse all of my eldest clothes etc don’t think anyone ever means it with ill will
I know it’s not said with any ill will I just meant I’ve come across a few people that have said the same thing about one of each being perfect and that it’s what everyone wants
 
Hahahah take this completely lightly because I really don’t mean it but two boys would be a nightmare to me. It’s just not my dream life. I think it’s so hard when you’ve always wanted something, and for me it’s a girl. I will truthfully admit I would have initial disappointment if I find out I’m not having a girl, I think it’s perfectly allowed to. What you’re not allowed to do is to dwell on it and not get over it fairly quickly - because all that really matters is a healthy happy baby.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Hahahah take this completely lightly because I really don’t mean it but two boys would be a nightmare to me. It’s just not my dream life. I think it’s so hard when you’ve always wanted something, and for me it’s a girl. I will truthfully admit I would have initial disappointment if I find out I’m not having a girl, I think it’s perfectly allowed to. What you’re not allowed to do is to dwell on it and not get over it fairly quickly - because all that really matters is a healthy happy baby.
I desperately wanted a girl too, I fell in love with our girl name and I kept dreaming that baby was a girl. Convinced myself with old wives tales and Chinese gender predictions etc it would be a girl. We’d done an early sneak peak blood test that came back as a boy and I told myself it was probably a contaminated result and then nub theory prediction pages said girl so then I was like it must be a girl! When we went for our gender scan and they told us he was a boy I think for a few minutes I was like “oh.” but then I saw how excited my dad was because he’s always been a girl dad, and how happy Mr R was and it got me excited for a little boy. When I started buying cute little outfits and bits for him, and a little football kit for Mr R’s team it got me really excited to be a boy mum and to see their bond. I think I’ve had so many issues since that I’d just be grateful baby is healthy, but also now I can’t wait for my little man to get here 🥰 I’ve always wanted 2 kids and I think if we do decide to try for another (undecided after such an awful pregnancy) I wouldn’t mind what gender they were.
But I can completely relate to the wanting a certain gender and that initial disappointment. Thankfully it didn’t last long for me.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I desperately wanted a girl too, I fell in love with our girl name and I kept dreaming that baby was a girl. Convinced myself with old wives tales and Chinese gender predictions etc it would be a girl. We’d done an early sneak peak blood test that came back as a boy and I told myself it was probably a contaminated result and then nub theory prediction pages said girl so then I was like it must be a girl! When we went for our gender scan and they told us he was a boy I think for a few minutes I was like “oh.” but then I saw how excited my dad was because he’s always been a girl dad, and how happy Mr R was and it got me excited for a little boy. When I started buying cute little outfits and bits for him, and a little football kit for Mr R’s team it got me really excited to be a boy mum and to see their bond. I think I’ve had so many issues since that I’d just be grateful baby is healthy, but also now I can’t wait for my little man to get here 🥰 I’ve always wanted 2 kids and I think if we do decide to try for another (undecided after such an awful pregnancy) I wouldn’t mind what gender they were.
But I can completely relate to the wanting a certain gender and that initial disappointment. Thankfully it didn’t last long for me.
It’s just everything I’ve ever dreamed of, I’m a very girly girl naturally I love pink/Barbie/Hello Kitty and then also get every beauty treatment under the sun so naturally very drawn towards the idea of raising a girl. I don’t want to play dinosaurs and play fighting, I want a dollhouse and toy pram 🤣. It’s just not something I’ve looked forward to. So I will not be revealing the gender in front of an audience. The way I see it, if I have a girl first I’d be more than happy to have a boy or girl second. If I have a boy first, I’d be rather apprehensive about going again. I don’t know if it makes me a bad person for saying it? I just want to re-iterate of course I will very quickly get over it (I’ve kept the receipt for all the pink stuff I just bought yesterday lol) but having ideals is okay. It’s just knowing how to handle it if it doesn’t go your way
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
It doesn’t make you a bad person for saying it at all. I’m having a boy and was the same. I’m very much a girls girl, like all my friends have always been girls and I’ve only grown up with a sister. Apart from boyfriends and lgbt male friends I haven’t had any typical boyish friends or brothers or whatever.

However I knew with my partner the odds of me having a boy were high. He’s one of four boys, most of who have had sons. His Dad and Grandad also only have brothers. And when I saw his 12 week scan I instinctively knew it was a boy from his pelvis and they confirmed this at the 20 week scan.

I was disappointed but also I’d had time to prepare myself as I knew there was a high chance anyway. And I’ve spoken honestly to people who had gender disappointment and they all said it disappeared as the pregnancy went on/baby was born. Which has definitely happened to me like @raspberryjuice ❤ Now I just can’t wait to meet him and love him. Two ish weeks to go! If I have another it’s highly likely to be another boy too so definitely won’t be trying in the hope of having a girl lol as we’d be trying for a long time!
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 7
It doesn’t make you a bad person for saying it at all. I’m having a boy and was the same. I’m very much a girls girl, like all my friends have always been girls and I’ve only grown up with a sister. Apart from boyfriends and lgbt male friends I haven’t had any typical boyish friends or brothers or whatever.

However I knew with my partner the odds of me having a boy were high. He’s one of four boys, most of who have had sons. His Dad and Grandad also only have brothers. And when I saw his 12 week scan I instinctively knew it was a boy from his pelvis and they confirmed this at the 20 week scan.

I was disappointed but also I’d had time to prepare myself as I knew there was a high chance anyway. And I’ve spoken honestly to people who had gender disappointment and they all said it disappeared as the pregnancy went on/baby was born. Which has definitely happened to me like @raspberryjuice ❤ Now I just can’t wait to meet him and love him. Two ish weeks to go! If I have another it’s highly likely to be another boy too so definitely won’t be trying in the hope of having a girl lol as we’d be trying for a long time!
Omg I didn’t even think of this… my boyfriend is one of three boys. His oldest brother is the only one with kids…. two boys.

I’m off to sulk
 
Omg I didn’t even think of this… my boyfriend is one of three boys. His oldest brother is the only one with kids…. two boys.

I’m off to sulk
My OH had serious gender disappointment with our first. So much so, I’ve never showed anyone the video I took, it was head in his hands, the lot.
But, revealing myself, I pointed that you can get a girl that loves football and golf and a boy that’s not interested and would rather go to ballet and play Lego. He’d have been more disappointed with the latter, having this ideal then the person they become doesn’t fit that, it’s like a long term gender disappointment. As it goes, our oldest loves dresses and dolls as much as football and dinosaurs and finding out the second was was going to be different, we had that twinge of disappointment both of us because we adore our oldest at so much, we wanted another just the same, which also was never going to happen whatever sex they are.
It’s a funny old thing. I guess you have ideas in your head because it’s all you can have until you get to meet them.

My oldest is showing interest in hobbies that are my worst nightmare (not gender specific) but, I’ll do all I can to support them, because you just do.

Anyway, re changing bags again, it’s not changing specific so no buggy clips but the ‘Cabin Max, Travel Hack’ is a great bag if you don’t want change bag styling but similar functionality.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Omg I didn’t even think of this… my boyfriend is one of three boys. His oldest brother is the only one with kids…. two boys.

I’m off to sulk
I have 3 brothers and my husband has a brother. I was absolutely convinced my first was going to be a boy (I always pictured myself as a boy mum being the eldest girl to 3 boys!) but she was a girl! Keeping her gender a surprise was the best thing we could’ve done, otherwise I think I’d have been overthinking it my entire pregnancy. The excitement in my husbands voice when he revealed she was a girl was really special and it made me realise that this was the way it was meant to be.

Since having her I could not for a second imagine having boys!

Fast forward to now and this time we are having non-identical twins. Since learning we were having two, I’ve imagined having one of each and loved the thought of my daughter having both a brother AND a sister. Turns out they are both very much boys 🤣 being honest it’s taken me a few days to get over the initial shock. I wouldn’t say I was disappointed, but it can be really tough when you picture something in your head and the reality is different. When we saw twin 1 was a boy we were super happy and just assumed twin 2 would be a girl, then when we saw he was very much a boy I was just absolutely SHOOK.

My husband is not a football fan etc and has embraced being a girl dad so well that I think he’s actually really apprehensive about having boys! Obviously it goes without saying football isn’t gender specific, but it’s hard not to gender stereotype until they arrive and you get to know their little personalities.

I think it’s really important just to acknowledge your feelings and remind yourself that if your baby isn’t the gender you imagined, you wont feel this way forever and they will absolutely light up your world regardless once they are in your arms ❤
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Anyone else in late stages and struggling with insane fatigue?

I managed to nap today and it just made me more tired. I feel like a zombie. My partner thought now would be a good time for him to quit Vaping cold turkey too… so it’s like living with Ewan McGregor in Trainspotting when his mum locks him in his bedroom to help him beat his smack addiction. He’s incapable of doing anything and is crawled up in his hoodie in the foetal position.

Sorry babes you do pick your moments don’t you??? God forbid we have a few weeks where the focus is off you 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.