Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We never found out with my son so this time I wanted to find out, just to experience both. We haven't told a soul, not even our son. It's our secret 😂😂 We only wanted to know for ourselves, people can be so annoying, I share as little as possible as so many busy bodies have opinions 😂😂
I am so impressed with people who manage to keep it secret. My husband is AWFUL with secrets, so I’m sure everyone would know if he knew. When I was early pregnant we went on a zoo trip with my family for my brothers birthday, and my husband was wandering about looking at the names of animals and loudly saying things like ‘oh that’d be a nice name for a baby’ 🙄🙄 so yes, no one was very surprised when a few weeks later I had a scan pic to show everyone!

I know!! I didn’t get it because I’ve decided to be a recluse for the duration 🤣 Jesus Christ does anyone else HATE their maternity hospital? Like what is the average wait here for those of you that have to get ultrasound and the clinic? Mine is 4/5 hours and I’m lucky that I’m off work atm because taking 5 hours off every fortnight would NOT work in my job 😭
I always ask for an 8am slot, there’s never much excuse for a delay then! Although last time the receptionist did tell me the consultant hadn’t actually arrived at work yet when I arrived 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When my dad and stepmum found out they were having a girl (my dad's third girl), people would 'commiserate' and ask if he was disappointed not to have a boy. His response was always 'hell no, I know what trouble boys are - I was one!' 😂 (jokingly, obvs, he wouldn't have minded either way)

Same when people ask Mr O if he's disappointed he won't have a boy to buy football kits for and complete on the Playstation with - he says he can do all that with a girl so why would he care 🤷‍♀️

Blows my mind that in 2021 we're still having these conversations :rolleyes:
We’re having another girl, my oldest is 3 and my husband is always saying to his friends how he’s looking forward to her being old enough to play Xbox with him and go for a run together 🤣 🤷🏻‍♀️ Poor kid

Reactions: 2
I know!! I didn’t get it because I’ve decided to be a recluse for the duration 🤣 Jesus Christ does anyone else HATE their maternity hospital? Like what is the average wait here for those of you that have to get ultrasound and the clinic? Mine is 4/5 hours and I’m lucky that I’m off work atm because taking 5 hours off every fortnight would NOT work in my job 😭
I waited 90 mins for my consultant appointment yesterday which lasted 10 mins. The chairs in the waiting room are so uncomfy too!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I didn't want to know but my husband did and as we got closer to 20 week scan I caved. We didn't get to find out what our 3 other babies were so figured this time we'd rather know just incase, and I was SO scared to have gender disappointment. What I was actually disappointed in was that we didn't get to use the girl names we've had picked out for years, but not their genders. Bought some wee boy outfits yesterday and I'm just dyin they're so cute!

In other news, got a blood test for OC today cus the consultant just wanted to err on the side of caution, anyone else had it?

• Heart
that is so bad, I can’t believe people are saying that to you 👊🏻.
I live next door to twin girls (10y/o) and my friend also has twin girls (2y/o) and they are so fabulous! The 10y/os have just started to become so sassy/teen like, they’re absolutely hilarious!
It’s a blessing!

I hired a fella to visit and clean it internally and externally 😂😂😂 I want everything fresh 🥴🥴🥴🥴
I must admit though, it does look great 😂
Internally is a genius idea!! I've got some damp in mind and I've been meaning to mask up and attack it with baby wipes- think thatll be husbands paternity job now!

I am so impressed with people who manage to keep it secret. My husband is AWFUL with secrets, so I’m sure everyone would know if he knew. When I was early pregnant we went on a zoo trip with my family for my brothers birthday, and my husband was wandering about looking at the names of animals and loudly saying things like ‘oh that’d be a nice name for a baby’ 🙄🙄 so yes, no one was very surprised when a few weeks later I had a scan pic to show everyone!

I always ask for an 8am slot, there’s never much excuse for a delay then! Although last time the receptionist did tell me the consultant hadn’t actually arrived at work yet when I arrived 😂
I'm the one most likely to let it slip, and I'm surprised I haven't up til now (knock on wood 😅)

I waited 90 mins for my consultant appointment yesterday which lasted 10 mins. The chairs in the waiting room are so uncomfy too!
I’m here since 09:30 and I’ve seen a doctor and the doctor gave me a quick scan on one of those mobile scan machines and I asked how the babys cyst was and she was like “what” so she had to look through my notes and I told her that I have an ultrasound booked also as recommended by the professor every fortnight to check the cyst and she was like ok so go to ultrasound 😫 this is honestly the biggest shithole I have ever had to attend. So haphazard and the communication between admin/medical staff is appalling 😭 I think this baby will be my first and last because the thought of having to go here again is stressing me out. Like I have to give birth here in 4 weeks time 😭 and they are continually bleeping up notes and appointments EVERY appointments I attend 😭 I honestly can’t with this place

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I didn't want to know but my husband did and as we got closer to 20 week scan I caved. We didn't get to find out what our 3 other babies were so figured this time we'd rather know just incase, and I was SO scared to have gender disappointment. What I was actually disappointed in was that we didn't get to use the girl names we've had picked out for years, but not their genders. Bought some wee boy outfits yesterday and I'm just dyin they're so cute!

In other news, got a blood test for OC today cus the consultant just wanted to err on the side of caution, anyone else had it?
Yep I had it with the girls because like everything because there is two you're at greater risk

And that’s with an appointment?! Our wait is maybe half hour max!

“Feel sorry for your husband” “he will want to move out when they’re teenagers” “you can try next time for a boy” “are what a shame you didn’t get 1 of each”. To quote a few 🙄
I find it bizarre too that so many (usually the older generation) think that your family is only complete with a boy and girl. I couldn’t care less what their genders were/are just blessed to have 2 healthy babies growing inside me 🤷‍♀️.

I had this at my appointment yesterday they said they were sending the sample to the lab 🤷‍♀️ No one really explained what it was
I had this 3appointments in a row!😂 I asked her cos she didn’t really say and this was her reply! Always gets sent off and nothing comes back!

Attachments

Anyone else’s in-laws started ramping up the expectation of seeing you a lot in the third trimester? I feel like their suddenly very keen to see me often. Also they smoke and I know I’m going to be really funny about it if they try and smoke near the baby 😫
My partner normally keeps them a bit at arms length because of some things from the past and we spend more time with my family. Obviously happy for them to spend time with the baby but I don’t want it all getting too much.

What’s the best way to keep everyone happy without it getting over bearing?

Anyone else’s in-laws started ramping up the expectation of seeing you a lot in the third trimester? I feel like their suddenly very keen to see me often. Also they smoke and I know I’m going to be really funny about it if they try and smoke near the baby 😫
My partner normally keeps them a bit at arms length because of some things from the past and we spend more time with my family. Obviously happy for them to spend time with the baby but I don’t want it all getting too much.

What’s the best way to keep everyone happy without it getting over bearing?
Set boundaries early! The more you let things slide early, the harder it is to break the status quo 😬 Have a good think about what it is you want, and you need to make sure your partner is on board too so you’re both singing from the same hymn sheet

Reactions: 4
I told them no thanks I’ve come 36 weeks and have zero contacts apart from hubby hat works from home 😊 it’s part of this drive here to get more pregnant women vaccinated, they are saying they aren’t enough women vaccinated and it could lead to no partners allowed in for the birth 🙄
There is a room in this clinic that are offering vaccines all day. Two ladies in hi viz vests are approaching all the woman asking them do they want to partake 🙄
Im sorry but this makes me so cross! Talk about trying to force someone into a corner 😭 You have to do what’s right for you lovely, please please don’t feel pressured x

• Heart
Im sorry but this makes me so cross! Talk about trying to force someone into a corner 😭 You have to do what’s right for you lovely, please please don’t feel pressured x
Nah I said no thanks and explained that myself and husband have zero contacts and he’s fully vaxxed 😊 I’m actually 35 +3 today and the baby weighs 5lbs 11oz is that normal? 🤣 they tell you nothing in there even after you ask 🙄

• Heart
Yep I had it with the girls because like everything because there is two you're at greater risk
You had OC or the test? I dunno if they would've given me the test only I told her about the itching 🤔 won't get results til maybe start of next week 😬

You had OC or the test? I dunno if they would've given me the test only I told her about the itching 🤔 won't get results til maybe start of next week 😬
I had the test cause I was constantly itchy so she did it as a precaution but there's a higher chance of developing it in twin pregnancys

That is with an appointment and every bleeping time 🙄 imagine having to do this every 2 weeks. It’s a pain in the hole
Can I asked what hospital your in I'm in the Coombe and I think they have actually got better since Covid especially the diabetes clinic it used to be a nightmare!!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.