Pregnancy #23 Absolutely not sponsored by Nair hair removal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 778460
So my negative test from earlier has morphed into a potentially positive test in two hours. Can this be relied upon or should I take the initial negative result? My head is spinning!
They're invalid after the stated time, for this reason.
I'd get either a digital or a pink dye test and do it tomorrow morning 😊

Reactions: 2
View attachment 778460
So my negative test from earlier has morphed into a potentially positive test in two hours. Can this be relied upon or should I take the initial negative result? My head is spinning!
No, a test can change after a while, but the result isn't trustworthy anymore then.
I agree with the other people suggesting you take a digital one.
Was the first test immediately a plus or also only after a while (meaning longer than 3 min or whatever the waiting time is)?

No, a test can change after a while, but the result isn't trustworthy anymore then.
I agree with the other people suggesting you take a digital one.
Was the first test immediately a plus or also only after a while (meaning longer than 3 min or whatever the waiting time is)?
Both after a while.

If left longer than the 3 minutes, it's possible they're evap lines.
Anything after the suggested minutes should be counted as invalid 😊

How long had you left the first one before taking a photo?
An hour for the first one. I’ve never had a pregnancy scare in my life before so this is all new to me and I feel like I’m asking silly questions. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 1
An hour for the first one. I’ve never had a pregnancy scare in my life before so this is all new to me and I feel like I’m asking silly questions. 🙈
You're not asking silly questions, pregnancy tests honestly play with your mind especially blue dye ones they're notorious for evap lines appearing after the stated time. I agree with everyone else try & pink dye test or a digital x

Reactions: 5
Not silly at all 😊
Digital or a pink dye should hopefully give you your answer ❤

Did the first one have any line at all within the few minutes? Or did it all appear later on?

Just had a call from perinatal - despite doubling my lithium dose my levels have stayed at 0.3 (effectively pointless) so I need to up my dose to 800mg, which I was on pre-pregnancy (and my levels then were 0.8).
What is my body playing at 🙄

My last day at work today 🥳 I practically skipped all the way to the tube this morning

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Question for you lovely ladies....how are you feeling about potentially having so many people visiting and potentially pawing over baby with covid still out there? I am due start December and thw thought of my BILs out drinking and slobbering over strangers then putting germs over my new born is making me so anxious.

Reactions: 7
Question for you lovely ladies....how are you feeling about potentially having so many people visiting and potentially pawing over baby with covid still out there? I am due start December and thw thought of my BILs out drinking and slobbering over strangers then putting germs over my new born is making me so anxious.
Actually I've just started thinking about this over the last few days

I'm going to limit visitors, ask them to wash and sanitise their hands and also ask them to isolate for a few days before they come
I dont know if the isolation bit is extreme but I'm swaying towards it

ETA: I'm due in Jan

• Heart
Due early December too and feeling nervous about this as know people are going to want to visit especially with it being close to Christmas. Planning to keep the birth quiet for a few days/until we are home but definitely going to be very strict with visitors in the first couple of weeks. FTM and just want some time to us to find our feet but feel that COVID is a good excuse to use...

• Heart
I’ve done another test this morning and it’s negative...so now I have one positive clear blue, one negative clear blue and one negative freedom.

View attachment 778347
I’ve had false negative with clear blue before when I’ve peed on them too much (sorry TMI!). As the others have said, I think the pink ones work in a different way and don’t have the same issue.

False positive results are extremely uncommon, so I’d give this one more try with a digital or First Response test.

Due in early November and it’s gonna be limited enough contacts..
As long as they wash their hands and sanatize it’s all good.

Actually I've just started thinking about this over the last few days

I'm going to limit visitors, ask them to wash and sanitise their hands and also ask them to isolate for a few days before they come
I dont know if the isolation bit is extreme but I'm swaying towards it

ETA: I'm due in Jan
My husband feels baby shouldn't be passed around like a box of Christmas chocs. He didn't want anyone holding baby but I said we will have to let grandparents!! He thinks sanitised and wearing masks and limited time frame to be holding baby which i think is fair enough too.
My parents are pretty much isolating atoll anyway but I don't know how that would go down with the in laws 🙈🙈

We’re going to limit visitors to start with (I’m due next week). Parents and siblings for the first week or so, and then after that once we feel settled and ready I’ll then extend it out to the rest of our families and friends. But we’ll be asking everyone to lateral flow test and to not visit if they’re feeling unwell (Covid or anything else).

I’ve made it quite clear that we want time as a couple with baby to get ourselves settled and that I don’t want to be overrun with visitors all the time. Covid is an extra consideration on top of that but people will just have to understand!

Reactions: 5
Due early December too and feeling nervous about this as know people are going to want to visit especially with it being close to Christmas. Planning to keep the birth quiet for a few days/until we are home but definitely going to be very strict with visitors in the first couple of weeks. FTM and just want some time to us to find our feet but feel that COVID is a good excuse to use...
This is my 2nd and honestly even if covid wasn't happening I would recommend a fee days of peace to any FTM. When I got out of hospital my in laws were literally standing on my door step waiting. It honestly really upset me as they never bloody left, my maternity leave was spent hiding from them 😂😂
We aren't going to tell anyone when I I coming home, I think its really important we have peace and let my little boy get used to his new sibling in peace

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My husband feels baby shouldn't be passed around like a box of Christmas chocs. He didn't want anyone holding baby but I said we will have to let grandparents!! He thinks sanitised and wearing masks and limited time frame to be holding baby which i think is fair enough too.
My parents are pretty much isolating atoll anyway but I don't know how that would go down with the in laws 🙈🙈
We limited visitors with our first, to the point of we made people other than grandparents wait a week so I think family will be expecting it again this time from us

Reactions: 3
We limited visitors with our first, to the point of we made people other than grandparents wait a week so I think family will be expecting it again this time from us
I wish i had done this with my first. I have very mixed emotions looking back on my first week my parents gave me the space they knew I needed but my in laws were relentless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.