Pregnancy #23 Absolutely not sponsored by Nair hair removal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question for you lovely ladies....how are you feeling about potentially having so many people visiting and potentially pawing over baby with covid still out there? I am due start December and thw thought of my BILs out drinking and slobbering over strangers then putting germs over my new born is making me so anxious.
OK, I may sound like I've got OTT but I blame the job.
If you want to visit the babies. You are welcome too but I want a LFT from you, you bring a change of clothes & you change in my downstairs toilet, masks to be worn and persistent hand washing, if I could they'd all be wearing sterile gloves but I couldn't pinch them from work before I left😂😂😂. I am slightly OTT over germs at the best of times🙈 So far our families have understood it & all agreed my poor MIL god love her has been taking a lateral flow every day this week as she's meeting them for the first time this weekend.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Question for you lovely ladies....how are you feeling about potentially having so many people visiting and potentially pawing over baby with covid still out there? I am due start December and thw thought of my BILs out drinking and slobbering over strangers then putting germs over my new born is making me so anxious.
Ours is due at the end of November I’m thinking we should be able to get away with just family and close friends for December, i trust them all to tell me if they’ve had any symptoms and be generally careful. then hopefully can meet people out for coffees in jan feb and I’ll feel a bit calmer about things by then.

I think it’s best to go with what your comfortable with your the mum!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m due the 18th. All our families and most of our friends are double vaxxed so as long as they wash their hands and don’t put faces in baby’s face I’m happy. Having had a quick look online, Covid seems to be fairly mild/low risk in babies -although obviously we want to avoid baby getting poorly with anything! ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wish i had done this with my first. I have very mixed emotions looking back on my first week my parents gave me the space they knew I needed but my in laws were relentless
It was actually my OH's idea and at first I was like "nooooo open the gates, welcome the people" then we got home and I agreed that I'd rather limit visitors and it worked perfectly

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This is my 2nd and honestly even if covid wasn't happening I would recommend a fee days of peace to any FTM. When I got out of hospital my in laws were literally standing on my door step waiting. It honestly really upset me as they never bloody left, my maternity leave was spent hiding from them 😂😂
We aren't going to tell anyone when I I coming home, I think its really important we have peace and let my little boy get used to his new sibling in peace
Jesus Christ that’s something I never thought of….. my husbands parents live 2 hours away and I they wouldn’t 💯 be waiting on the doorstep for me😭 will have to nip that in the bud… I don’t want visitors for at least 2/3 days

• Haha
I have it the other way around, my in laws are fine and have said they’ll come when we’re ready. I’m really close with my own parents though, they live about 5 mins away and I love them to bits but my dad has already joked about waiting outside the hospital for me 😂

Baby is the first grandchild and I’m my parents oldest so the excitement is another level!

On a similar note how does everyone feel about sharing photos? Me and my partner have already agreed that we won’t be in a rush to announce anything on social media. I’m more than happy to send photos of baby to our family and close friends once she’s born to let them know she’s arrived but I know our mums are the types to start forwarding them onto the world!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.