Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rubystaff

Yep I have this - mine was picked up after the 12 week blood test so very frustrating that you should have been told about it already! From what I’ve learnt some trusts don’t test for it. Have they told you if your treatment will be changing at all? I am having two extra growth scans (currently waiting for the first one now!) and have been prescribed aspirin - mine was not super low though - just under 0.4 if I remember correctly. There are some good NHS info leaflets around if you google it!
Apparently a letter was sent but I didn't get it and no one decided to mention it until now!! I have a consultant appointment booked and two growth scans, but nothing was mentioned about aspirin!! I will drop them a message and ask about that then. I don't even know the exact figure I'm low by as they have now only just resent the letter! I was worried at first especially after googling it for the first time, but the more I've read the more it seems like it usually works out fine in the end!

footylass2021

I had the Surf for my first and whilst it was a lovely pram it was a nightmare to fold etc was very bulky and took all the room up in the boot once you'd stopped using the clip on carseat I also had endless issues in the first few weeks with the front wheels it was sent back several times to be fixed!
urgh thats not the best because its only exlcusive to harrods , it may be a clart on trying to get things sorted

My oldest came in at 4am after a nightmare, went back to sleep then the little guy wouldn't stop moving THEN I couldn't get comfortable. Team allotted lame 2 cups of coffee 😴 :ROFLMAO:

Dipdab

VIP Member
I actually have a bottle of this that I bought months ago! I’m still fuming about not being able to get my makeup done 😭 my husband thinks I’m over reacting lol
Is there a department store with a make up counter nearby? I know mac and Bobby brown you can pay you have your make up done there (although last time I did it was pre covid so not sure if it’s still a thing 🤷‍♀️)

I had my 25 week midwife appointment today, and I was told I have low PAPP A levels. They said they sent a letter informing me in APRIL but I never received it!! Any of you ladies been told the same thing? The midwife said not to worry as it can be quite common nowadays!
Yep I have this - mine was picked up after the 12 week blood test so very frustrating that you should have been told about it already! From what I’ve learnt some trusts don’t test for it. Have they told you if your treatment will be changing at all? I am having two extra growth scans (currently waiting for the first one now!) and have been prescribed aspirin - mine was not super low though - just under 0.4 if I remember correctly. There are some good NHS info leaflets around if you google it!

Dipdab

VIP Member
I used it this morning and I found it online. I just googled mam bottles discount code and it was the first voucher website that came up. Sometimes these things don’t work but was pleasantly surprised when it did. I got the grey 17 bottle set. And yes direct from Mam website.
Oooh I’ll investigate now! Thank you for sharing ☺

Me too! 8.45am so at least I shouldn't be parked there for hours like the 12 week scan.
I have a neggy feeling and I don't know why. Probs doesn't help that my husband's being a bit of a twat. Final straw tonight is that he's made himself a brew in *my* favourite mug.

EDIT: ps I'm sorry the hospital are being divs smallpotato. I work in a med school involved in teaching comms, hopefully the next gen are less rotten in the sensitive moments. Absolutely no need for that delivery and holding back on support. As for being denied a companion, ridiculous. I get minimising numbers, but context is needed.
And welcome rxt!
Ah mines at 9.30! Hope everything goes okay!😘

wakametango

Chatty Member
Girls, my absolutely nightmare has come true. Just as I was starting to relax after my early scan I’ve just been to the toilet and there was fresh blood. I’m too scared to google it. What do I do?
Are you sure it’s internal? I had fresh blood externally a few weeks ago, after dabbing around I realised I had a cut in between in my inner and outer labia. I still went to triage to be examined by a doctor.
If you call your local hospital’s triage department see if they can help?

you’re so sweet! But I have to admit, I prefer mint club biscuits over orange 🤣

I’ve had a broken tooth since first lockdown. I stole some skittles from my husband and it smashed the tooth that broke when I was pregnant with my son. I refused to get it fixed until I was pregnant again and it’s given me right pain recently!

we got McDonald’s and I could barely eat it as I feel so sick!
I’d take a mint, or even a fruit club! Haven’t seen those around in a loong time! A broken tooth for over a year does not sound very fun although definitely take advantage of free dental treatment (although lol - the ones near where I live have a 2-3 year waiting list 🙃)

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
Does anyone know what happens if we decide not go to back to our current job after maternity leave? Do we need to pay anything back for mat pay?
Depends on your work, mine is really minimal maternity pay but then they give you an extra months wage when you go back - but you then have to stay there 22 weeks afterwards! I’m really hoping to not go back but annoying that my maternity pay is so shit 🤣

p.s good shout on whoever suggested the gender poll!

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Eurgh I’ve just been bit by a bug. It doesn’t hurt just a small red bump. I take it, it will be ok and I don’t need to see anyone?

Amberella

Sit me down if I’m being ridiculous but I’ve been bitten on my legs over the weekend, I don’t need to get them checked out or anything?
They’re itchy and I’ve itched them so they have swelled a bit, no self control on my part but nothing out of the ordinary.
I only ask because a random story appeared on Facebook this morning about a woman getting bitten by a mosquito and her baby was affected, not in England though.

Hope everyone is doing okay xx

Rubystaff

I got a letter around April for this too! I have a phone call with some department tomorrow regarding it, not sure what the point of a phone call is and especially two months later??

I've spoken to my midwife and all my scans baby is growing correctly and no worries apart from my low placenta.

Won't complain about the extra growth scans though, any chance to see her :) I was also prescribed low dose aspirin... most of it comes up though as I'm so crap at taking things in water (sorry if tmi)
Yeah its crazy there lack of urgency!! Exactly, got to look at the benefits and I deffo wont turn down any extra opportunities to see her ❤ Same I can barely even keep down my vitamins!!