Potential wedding dress... Feedback!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK so I had my first bridal appointment today. It was just the weirdest experience! Had to keep a mask on the whole time, wasn't allowed any guests at all 😭 and they had to spray down the dresses. The guy who was helping me was faaaaaabulous but had to wear a plastic visor 😂 such a weird experience! Anyway, my experience was just so not how I'd drempt about it as a little girl :( this was my favourite dress of the day, I'm super pear shaped so most looked a bit silly because I'm so flat chested! However my mum isn't sure... Just wanted some honest, impartial feedback (be as brutal as you like! I can take it!) and any advice about styles if you think anything else would be a much better look for my weird body type!

Thanks tattle fam 😘

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Don’t think you are pear shaped at all. You have a fabulous figure. Love the dress too 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 10
OK so I had my first bridal appointment today. It was just the weirdest experience! Had to keep a mask on the whole time, wasn't allowed any guests at all 😭 and they had to spray down the dresses. The guy who was helping me was faaaaaabulous but had to wear a plastic visor 😂 such a weird experience! Anyway, my experience was just so not how I'd drempt about it as a little girl :( this was my favourite dress of the day, I'm super pear shaped so most looked a bit silly because I'm so flat chested! However my mum isn't sure... Just wanted some honest, impartial feedback (be as brutal as you like! I can take it!) and any advice about styles if you think anything else would be a much better look for my weird body type!

Thanks tattle fam 😘
You look gorgeous and the dress really suits you.

Feel like a seasoned campaigner today. My daughter has been trying on wedding dresses. Same scenario as you - just her and the woman in the shop. Both wearing masks. She’s been sending vids and WhatsApps through :)

Reactions: 1
Oh very pretty! Although I’m not keen on the belt / jewels in the middle, seems to cut your figure up too much - I think it would look better without it. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: 9
Thanks so much ladies :) I agree about the belt!

The salesman was quite keen on it, but it was £300 so I wonder why ;)

I am so NEARLY sold on it, but I WISH it was bardot.... I love off the shoulder and feel like it balances me out a little bit more! Will try and keep looking I think, and if I don't find anything better I think this is the one <3 So weird in the shop I was convinced it was the one, but not the whole "eeeeeee I'm a bride!" mania has calmed down I'm probably thinking a bit more rationally.

It's a stunning dress but I would loose the belt if possible, you have a beautiful figure x

Reactions: 7
Yeah I would lose the belt. It almost makes it look like you're wearing a top and a skirt, not a full dress.

Reactions: 12
I think it is a beautiful dress and you have an amazing figure! I agree with previous posters that the belt cuts you up a little bit so I wouldn't have that personally.
How did you feel in the dress?

Reactions: 4
I thought at first it was a top and a skirt!.I think it looks nice but like the others say you don't need a belt..Also you are very slim a with a nice figure not pear shaped! Are you having this one or trying some more?

Reactions: 8
beautiful dress ! deep down you know in your heart if it's the one, keep looking and you'll either realise if it is or you'll find it.

Reactions: 2
I think you look lovely. If you feel it's the one, go for it. Personally I am not a fan of lace overlay so I think the back is nicer than the front, but it's not my dress and really suits you. I adore the buttons down the back. Veil looks lovely with it. What I will say is make sure you go to at least 5 shops. Sometimes you'll try one on that doesn't look much on the hanger but when you try it on it looks perfect.

Thanks tattle fam 😘
You look amazing! When’s the wedding?
Definitely try on other dress styles as I ended up picking something I definitely wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for the sales lady telling me to try it on.. when I did I loved it!

Reactions: 3
Yeh it’s lovely but I agree no to the belt 😁 my wedding is next year and I’m so nervous to try dresses on because I feel I’ll look stupid and nothing will suit me lol.

It’s beautiful and you have a gorgeous figure - but agree with the belt comments, I don’t think it’s needed x

I have no idea why you think you're pear shaped as you most definitely are not. Maybe someone has made you think that. I think the world is your oyster with a figure like that. You would look beautiful in a bin bag. My youngest daughter was married last year and just in time before the virus. I'm sorry for all the upset this is causing to young engaged couples.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks so much ladies :) I agree about the belt!

The salesman was quite keen on it, but it was £300 so I wonder why ;)

I am so NEARLY sold on it, but I WISH it was bardot.... I love off the shoulder and feel like it balances me out a little bit more! Will try and keep looking I think, and if I don't find anything better I think this is the one <3 So weird in the shop I was convinced it was the one, but not the whole "eeeeeee I'm a bride!" mania has calmed down I'm probably thinking a bit more rationally.
At first i thought you meant the dress is £300, I thought wow what a steal! 😂
But yes the dress is beautiful and shows off your lovely figure

God I love wedding dresses :love: and you’d look great in a bin bag!

The low back looks incredible on you and really makes you look so elegant. I think the straight necklineline at the front with no sleeves isn’t as flattering as it could be; its sort of squaring your front. Agreed with what others have said re belt, though I know why you like it. I would love to see you in something that’s fitted at the waist but perhaps has a small amount more volume at the hips. It would really show off your beautiful shoulders and back, your delicate frame and draw your eye upwards. OR stay super slimline with the skirt and a low back, but explore a different neckline.

My friend recently purchased from House Of Ollichon. They were amazing and only do two-pieces and jumpsuits. She was able to get a flowing but fitted skirt (she wanted her butt to look good!) and a top with a sweetheart neckline, low buttoned back and ¾ length lace sleeves. Might be good for some inspo!

PLEASE feel free to post more photos 🤩🤩🤩 And truly, if you feel special and beautiful and carefree in your dress, then that is the only thing that matters!

Reactions: 6
That looks sooooo nice, but I would leave out the belt. Suits your figure too 😍

Gorgeous dress, gorgeous figure. 😍

I am pear (and a big pear at that😂) whilst belts can suit us I think this one detracts from the dress a bit and makes it look like a 2 piece.It also hides your teeny waist. Definitely without the belt!