Potential wedding dress... Feedback!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gorgeous dress, suits you perfectly and can I just say you have a cracking figure - but I don’t think you are pear shaped at all and honestly you don’t need to worry about “balancing things out” with a Bardot neckline.

the belt is unnecessary so ditch that.

You look awesome 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
OK so I had my first bridal appointment today. It was just the weirdest experience! Had to keep a mask on the whole time, wasn't allowed any guests at all 😭 and they had to spray down the dresses. The guy who was helping me was faaaaaabulous but had to wear a plastic visor 😂 such a weird experience! Anyway, my experience was just so not how I'd drempt about it as a little girl :( this was my favourite dress of the day, I'm super pear shaped so most looked a bit silly because I'm so flat chested! However my mum isn't sure... Just wanted some honest, impartial feedback (be as brutal as you like! I can take it!) and any advice about styles if you think anything else would be a much better look for my weird body type!

Thanks tattle fam 😘
Firstly, I don’t think you look pear shaped at all - you have a fab figure!! I love the back of the dress but to be honest I don’t really like the front of it. I think it’s the belt I’m not keen on, it just doesn’t sit right or look right. Is it removable at all? If it is then I would remove the belt and it would look fab!

Reactions: 1
OK so I had my first bridal appointment today. It was just the weirdest experience! Had to keep a mask on the whole time, wasn't allowed any guests at all 😭 and they had to spray down the dresses. The guy who was helping me was faaaaaabulous but had to wear a plastic visor 😂 such a weird experience! Anyway, my experience was just so not how I'd drempt about it as a little girl :( this was my favourite dress of the day, I'm super pear shaped so most looked a bit silly because I'm so flat chested! However my mum isn't sure... Just wanted some honest, impartial feedback (be as brutal as you like! I can take it!) and any advice about styles if you think anything else would be a much better look for my weird body type!

Thanks tattle fam 😘
You have a stunning figure and the dress is beautiful. We can’t see your face but your face should tell it all- when I tried on ‘the one’ I just knew.I burst into tears and my face said it all in the pictures that were taken.

Ditch the belt, the dress alone speaks for itself 😍

I’m so sorry it wasn’t the appointment you dreamt of and I hope you can have at least your mum join an appointment soon if you are still uncertain. x

You have an enviable figure, you look great, But I don’t love this dress, I agree with a poster above who said that the neckline was a bit too square. You could wear lots of different types of dresses and I think sometimes it’s harder if you have more choice, some ladies are stuck with a particular style due to their body shape, but if you can wear a lot of styles it makes it hard to choose! I think a lower neckline would be better, but the overall style works well.

I only recently got engaged so haven’t even thought about looking at dresses yet but everyone keeps telling me that when you have the right dress on then you know so maybe this isn’t it.

Reactions: 1
DO NOT GET A LONG VEIL! I had a church wedding and a cathedral length veil, and it ended up being stood on all the time when we arrived at the reception, and I couldn’t get it out of my hairdo myself, so my hairdresser (who was a friend so attended) had to redo my hairstyle at the venue because people kept standing on it.

Love the back but hate the front I’m afraid! It just doesn’t look...right. You have an amazing figure so find something that accentuates it...I think Pinterest is really good for stuff like that?

Thanks so much ladies :) I agree about the belt!

The salesman was quite keen on it, but it was £300 so I wonder why ;)

I am so NEARLY sold on it, but I WISH it was bardot.... I love off the shoulder and feel like it balances me out a little bit more! Will try and keep looking I think, and if I don't find anything better I think this is the one <3 So weird in the shop I was convinced it was the one, but not the whole "eeeeeee I'm a bride!" mania has calmed down I'm probably thinking a bit more rationally.
I agree with the others about the belt, it’s not needed.
The dress is beautiful and you’ve got an amazing figure! The style really suits you.
When I shopped for my wedding dress, I actually bought the first one I tried on! But I tried loads of different styles and I kept comparing them to that first dress and I couldn’t stop thinking about it - that’s how I knew it was for me.
Try on lots of different ones and a Bardot one if that’s what you would like to see how it looks/compares to this one.
Good luck, try to enjoy it as best you can although I understand it’s not the experience you were hoping for and I hope you find the one 👰

The dress looks beautiful on you. I agree with others regarding the belt but I think apart from that it looks absolutely lovely! But there’s no harm in trying on other styles either 😀
I also need to put the biscuits down after seeing your figure! 😂

You look stunning and your figure is amazing. You'll be a beautiful bride 😊

I think these styles would look lovely on you. When is the wedding?
The dress on the left was my wedding dress! 😁
I love the original dress posted but as everyone else has said I would personally say no to the belt! It suits you so well!
My only advise with the Bardot style dress if you are looking to have that, is just be careful! As I said the dress I’ve quoted was the exact style I had, I absolutely loved it, however the lace on the “sleeve” did start to rub towards the end of the night and left me with red marks. If you think about it you’ve got the weight of the whole dress on those sleeves. I mean it was worth it to have the dress I loved but just thought I’d share this as something to think about! 😊

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You look stunning!! I agree with other posters, I would lose the belt too. If you would like it bardot style could you look into having it altered? Seamstresses can do amazing things with wedding dresses (I am really short and they took feet off mine including the train!)

As others have said the front is a no from me, makes it look a little old fashioned but I do love the back it’s very flattering on you. And unless you feel self conscious about it I wouldn’t necessarily go for a higher neck just because you’re flat chested something lower could also be super flattering. You could get away with wearing something bigger chested girls couldn’t.

Good Luck hope you find something you love 💖

*i meant the belt makes it look old fashioned x

You look beautiful :) I’m sorry the experience wasn’t what you expected but there will be plenty more further down the line :)

You have an amazing figure!! I like the dress but love the back more, so pretty! I agree with everyone else about the belt.

Thanks so much for your input ladies... I've thought about what a lot of you have said and I think that although I love the front, I like but don't LOVE the front. I think it's gonna be a good reserve dress. I'm trying a different shop on Sunday, will post if they have anything better!

Reactions: 5
You have a beautiful figure, I bet you’d look great in most dresses. Don’t forget to try a few things outside your comfort zone, just to check! (I ended up with nothing like I thought I’d want at first)

Thanks so much for your input ladies... I've thought about what a lot of you have said and I think that although I love the front, I like but don't LOVE the front. I think it's gonna be a good reserve dress. I'm trying a different shop on Sunday, will post if they have anything better!
Love the back even.... Bride Brain! Ahaha