Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blairr

Chatty Member
Mine was surprisingly negative. I was pretty ill over Christmas with loss of taste and smell. It was the worst “cold” I had ever had. I was convinced that was it!

Reactions: 1

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
You can get chicken pox twice, but it’s very rare to do so. The common cold is actually lots of different viruses that mutate which is why there is no cure. As you get older you get fewer colds because you develop immunity due to being exposed to so many different variations of it over your lifetime, and that’s why young children get so many compared to adults. They haven’t yet developed that immunity.

Flu is pretty much the same. I’ve only ever had it once in my lifetime, thank god, never been so ill.
I didnt have my flu jab last year - various reasons meant I kept missing it, and then I was so poorly with it in Dec. Lesson learned 😂

Not sure what I said that was funny Northeast 🤷‍♀️

Amyx1518

VIP Member
Did you get tested because of your job?
Yes, NHS staff

I really want this test - I was SO poorly end of November last year. I never catch viruses and things but I was pretty much bed bound for 6 days, went to the doctors twice in a week. I had a high temp, awful cough and saw throat, pounding headache. I'd never felt so ill! I would LOVE to know if it was COVID back then.
Oooh it definitely sounds suspicious! I wonder how many of us had it without having ever heard of it!

Lollypad

VIP Member
Just a quick jump back in - partner’s antibody test came back positive, so I think that’s a good thing :) no symptoms other than having two days with mild fatigue at the same time as I felt really run down and had a temp (but I took a Swab covid test which came back negative)

Last edited:

Spanner

Chatty Member
Me too! I was sick at the end of March with no taste/smell, cough, cold, shortness of breath. I’m volunteering in the NHS and I had a positive antibody test a few weeks back

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
My husband and myself have both tested positive for the antibodies. Our children have tested negative (although all would have been exposed to it) but I’m taking my test with a pinch of salt as I know people who have been given both a positive and a negative result.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
How do you explain the lack of deaths until the middle of March in the U.K. if that were the case?
Not everyone dies from it, when the death rate was at it's highest , not everyone who tested positive died . Viruses circulate for a while before in people who don't get medical attention so there will be lots of undocumented cases. They only noticed something was up in Wuhan when they realised how many people were seeking treatment for an unusual pneumonia type illness.

Not everyone transmits their germs to everyone they come into contact with Some people always practice good respiratory and hygiene. Perhaps they weren't in the asymptomatic period when they were close to other people. I know people who tested positive for covid who've been the only one in their household who've been ill.

Yes a lot of people had regular winter viruses but some people did have more unusual symptoms that don't come with them . None of people I know who claim they had it round December/ jan have come down with a virus since.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-france-patient-zero-december.html

Northeast1988

VIP Member
My husband and myself have both tested positive for the antibodies. Our children have tested negative (although all would have been exposed to it) but I’m taking my test with a pinch of salt as I know people who have been given both a positive and a negative result.
Totally agree it’s a useless test 😂

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I was so unwell with a virus with covid type symptoms in January. I'll not be entitled to an antibody test but I am curious. There is no disputing how poorly I felt.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
NHS staff who got one - was it hard to get one? Was there a process to go through/criteria to meet etc? Apparently we can now get one in wales but we have to specifically request it with what I’m assuming a good reason... they’re not just offering them to everyone
I've not had one as I don't think I've had it but all we had to do was make an appt and go over to have a blood test. Which was ridiculous as we all take blood and could just do each others and send it

Scubasf

Like I said I beg to differ and do think it was here December January as Mid January my other half was involved in the first official case in the uk and before it was announced there was loads in December ill after flying in from wuhan
How do you explain the lack of deaths until the middle of March in the U.K. if that were the case?

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
NHS staff who got one - was it hard to get one? Was there a process to go through/criteria to meet etc? Apparently we can now get one in wales but we have to specifically request it with what I’m assuming a good reason... they’re not just offering them to everyone

cherrypepsimax

I had similar in November too. My partner had given it too me after contracting from his office and he said it wiped all of his office out. I hadn't even considered that it may be Covid-19 due to the fact it was in November...
Yep it wiped my office out too! So many people were off sick for weeks!

Web30

VIP Member
At our trust we could just get anyone who was trained in taking blood to do it. Had to sign something to say it was our own choice to have the test and that was it. Super easy!

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I just had my results back on Tuesday that they were positive for antibodies, and I was quite shocked but not surprised as I was poorly In March. I had no respiratory symptoms though, so was sure at the time it wasn’t corona. However, as it turns out it was!
Just wondering if anyone else has had a positive antibody testing and how you feel about it or if you can trace it back to where or when you might’ve caught it?!

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I was so unwell with a virus with covid type symptoms in January. I'll not be entitled to an antibody test but I am curious. There is no disputing how poorly I felt.
Me too. I was exhausted, short of breath, aches & pains, hurt to breathe, dry hacking cough.

No style rocky

My Trust starts next week. Any colleague is eligible, the testing will be done at local acute hospital settings. I work for a community trust, which don‘t tend to have labs, so that’s why we have to visit acute sites. Not gonna lie I’ll be disappointed if it comes back negative. I haven’t had any symptoms other than being tired, but I’ve been tired since this all kicked off! 🥱😴

AutumnSpring

Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this but does anyone know how to go about getting an antibody test done? SuperDrug have revoked theirs and I would like to know if I have had it or not (had lots of symptoms the week of lockdown). I know there is currently no factual evidence to support having it once means you can’t catch it again but it would help with my anxiety around go outside etc.

Beatrix

My partner had one come back positive (NHS staff). We were both sick in early March before the lockdown. It doesn't offer me as much relief as I thought it would because we don't know how long it'll last for. I guess it's good to know that we did have it and not just flu.