Positive covid antibody test

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just had my results back on Tuesday that they were positive for antibodies, and I was quite shocked but not surprised as I was poorly In March. I had no respiratory symptoms though, so was sure at the time it wasn’t corona. However, as it turns out it was!
Just wondering if anyone else has had a positive antibody testing and how you feel about it or if you can trace it back to where or when you might’ve caught it?!

I really want this test - I was SO poorly end of November last year. I never catch viruses and things but I was pretty much bed bound for 6 days, went to the doctors twice in a week. I had a high temp, awful cough and saw throat, pounding headache. I'd never felt so ill! I would LOVE to know if it was COVID back then.

Reactions: 2
I really want this test - I was SO poorly end of November last year. I never catch viruses and things but I was pretty much bed bound for 6 days, went to the doctors twice in a week. I had a high temp, awful cough and saw throat, pounding headache. I'd never felt so ill! I would LOVE to know if it was COVID back then.
I had similar in November too. My partner had given it too me after contracting from his office and he said it wiped all of his office out. I hadn't even considered that it may be Covid-19 due to the fact it was in November...

Reactions: 1
Did you get tested because of your job?
Yes, NHS staff

Oooh it definitely sounds suspicious! I wonder how many of us had it without having ever heard of it!

My partner had an antibody test last week too (NHS staff) still waiting on results. There was a very nasty chesty thing going round our work end of December start of Jan that we all thought “can’t have been” but I’d be very interested to find out. It made people very poorly for a good 2-3 weeks.

I had similar in November too. My partner had given it too me after contracting from his office and he said it wiped all of his office out. I hadn't even considered that it may be Covid-19 due to the fact it was in November...
Yep it wiped my office out too! So many people were off sick for weeks!

We had the bug in Dec, took a fair few of us out for a bit with bad coughs, fatigue and body aches but no one has had a positive antibody test (nhs). It was obviously just a flu virus doign the rounds.

I was so unwell with a virus with covid type symptoms in January. I'll not be entitled to an antibody test but I am curious. There is no disputing how poorly I felt.

I work for the NHS so had the test and it came back positive. Was really poorly in mid March with loss of smell/taste, terrible muscle pains, splitting headache for days and temperature so not surprised at all. I’m the only one in the team who tested positive but my husband is a teacher so I’m pretty sure he brought it from school as he was sick the week before. We were pretty doomed considering where we both work, absolute cesspit for germs!

Reactions: 2
Just a quick jump back in - partner’s antibody test came back positive, so I think that’s a good thing :) no symptoms other than having two days with mild fatigue at the same time as I felt really run down and had a temp (but I took a Swab covid test which came back negative)

Last edited:
Me too! I was sick at the end of March with no taste/smell, cough, cold, shortness of breath. I’m volunteering in the NHS and I had a positive antibody test a few weeks back

Mine was surprisingly negative. I was pretty ill over Christmas with loss of taste and smell. It was the worst “cold” I had ever had. I was convinced that was it!

Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this but does anyone know how to go about getting an antibody test done? SuperDrug have revoked theirs and I would like to know if I have had it or not (had lots of symptoms the week of lockdown). I know there is currently no factual evidence to support having it once means you can’t catch it again but it would help with my anxiety around go outside etc.

Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this but does anyone know how to go about getting an antibody test done? SuperDrug have revoked theirs and I would like to know if I have had it or not (had lots of symptoms the week of lockdown). I know there is currently no factual evidence to support having it once means you can’t catch it again but it would help with my anxiety around go outside etc.
I think private clinics offer it but most of us are tested in our workplace.

Thank you! Didn’t even think of that lol. Just googled it again and B U P A are offering one. I just hope they’re accurate x
Yeah! I guess they’re kind of pointless in a way since it doesn’t really change things but it is nice to know!

NHS staff who got one - was it hard to get one? Was there a process to go through/criteria to meet etc? Apparently we can now get one in wales but we have to specifically request it with what I’m assuming a good reason... they’re not just offering them to everyone

NHS staff who got one - was it hard to get one? Was there a process to go through/criteria to meet etc? Apparently we can now get one in wales but we have to specifically request it with what I’m assuming a good reason... they’re not just offering them to everyone
At our trust we could just get anyone who was trained in taking blood to do it. Had to sign something to say it was our own choice to have the test and that was it. Super easy!