Positive covid antibody test

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For various reasons. If you've had it then you have survived it and there's a very good chance you are protected from having it again.
I don’t think there’s any proof once you’ve had it , you are protected from a second time
Many virus’ I,e tb , flu, chicken pox , common cold you can get more than once

Reactions: 1
I don’t think there’s any proof once you’ve had it , you are protected from a second time
No there isn't any proof but there haven't been any reported cases of reinfection so far. Immmunity may not be guaranteed or permanent but it does give people a bit of reassurance that they've had it and have some degree of immunity.

• Haha
You can get chicken pox twice, but it’s very rare to do so. The common cold is actually lots of different viruses that mutate which is why there is no cure. As you get older you get fewer colds because you develop immunity due to being exposed to so many different variations of it over your lifetime, and that’s why young children get so many compared to adults. They haven’t yet developed that immunity.

Flu is pretty much the same. I’ve only ever had it once in my lifetime, thank god, never been so ill.

You can get chicken pox twice, but it’s very rare to do so. The common cold is actually lots of different viruses that mutate which is why there is no cure. As you get older you get fewer colds because you develop immunity due to being exposed to so many different variations of it over your lifetime, and that’s why young children get so many compared to adults. They haven’t yet developed that immunity.

Flu is pretty much the same. I’ve only ever had it once in my lifetime, thank god, never been so ill.
I didnt have my flu jab last year - various reasons meant I kept missing it, and then I was so poorly with it in Dec. Lesson learned 😂

Not sure what I said that was funny Northeast 🤷‍♀️

My husband is a doctor and the whole of his practice of about 30 staff were tested a couple of weeks ago for antibodies. Every single person tested negative. This includes a doctor who had coronavirus in March (her partner also had it) and she still has not recovered her sense of smell. Her partner tested positive for antibodies but she tested negative. So either the tests are giving false results or some people aren't producing antibodies.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2