Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mumma bear / daddy bear / baby bear / bear cub to refer to your family members makes me eye roll so bad. Multiply if said nicknames are printed on matching clothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have a close relative and a few friends called Karen and they’re all fabulous women. It annoys me their name is being used like this. When it first came out it was mildly funny in a “talk to the manager” sense and at that point really it could be any name. Now it’s a misogynist slur.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Rainbow baby. It just makes me cringe. I get how amazing it is to finally have a baby after loss, I've got 2 "rainbow babies" myself but it just makes me cringe. Especially when it's "Happy Birthday to my Rainbow baby *insert name*. I can't believe you are 15." If it is a term you use, its def time to drop it after they are 6 months old

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Rainbow baby. It just makes me cringe. I get how amazing it is to finally have a baby after loss, I've got 2 "rainbow babies" myself but it just makes me cringe. Especially when it's "Happy Birthday to my Rainbow baby *insert name*. I can't believe you are 15." If it is a term you use, its def time to drop it after they are 6 months old
Never heard that one, sounds totally barmy.

Reactions: 2
What’s “mustard”?
Used as a word for 'hot' but not in a temperature way. If a footballer is on a scoring streak, I heard one pundit say, 'He's absolute mustard right now.' Also heard the phrase 'Keen as mustard' which I don't really get.

Depending on which part of the country you come from tea could also mean your dinner so saying ‘cup of’ in front of tea means the listener knows you’re talking about the beverage rather than food
Yes, I say tea instead of dinner. Same as really; as long as you're not starving, I don't give a monkey's ringpiece whether you've had your tea either. I'm not Barbara Royle.

'Fell pregnant' is used all the time in Take A Break; in time, I fell pregnant. Really? Are you Mary reincarnated?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Used as a word for 'hot' but not in a temperature way. If a footballer is on a scoring streak, I heard one pundit say, 'He's absolute mustard right now.' Also heard the phrase 'Keen as mustard' which I don't really get.

Yes, I say tea instead of dinner. Same as really; as long as you're not starving, I don't give a monkey's ringpiece whether you've had your tea either. I'm not Barbara Royle.

'Fell pregnant' is used all the time in Take A Break; in time, I fell pregnant. Really? Are you Mary reincarnated?
I had never thought about the fell pregnant thing, but that is hilarious, it does just sound like it somehow happened upon you with no activity :LOL:

Reactions: 2
What is manifesting, why is everyone doing it and why am I suddenly seeing this phrase everywhere?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.