Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
I hate ‘say it louder for the people at the back’. Especially annoying when accompanied by clappy emojis.

The other day someone on fb said their meal ‘lowkey slapped’. Not sure what that means but I hate it.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Trampoline

Chatty Member
The over use of the word vibes
And also kini (bikini)
Oh and when people go on holiday and go swimming once and refer to there grown self as a waterbaby LOL come on!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

IndigoViolet

Inappropriate use of ‘literally’ and ‘anxiety’- the latter especially. There seems to be this trend by influencers and reality folk to say things like ‘triggers my anxiety’, when they really mean that they’re nervous or uneasy.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

lilblinder

When people say a perfectly simple sentence but at the end of it they say
'does that make sense ?'
For example ' so I'm thinking I need to buy a stamp so I'm calling into the post office ... If that makes sense'
Yes it makes sense you moron it's not rocket science.
Oh and the phrase used by the likes of Alfie Deyes etc instead of saying I asked for a freebie they say
'I reached out' No, you didn't reach out you went on the beg .

• Haha
Reactions: 24

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Music artists don't release albums or singles anymore. They 'drop' them. Always makes me think of the artists standing up and giving birth to a CD.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Lilooooo

‘Be kind’
It’s been thrown about by influencers who use it as a get out of jail free card for being cunts

• Heart
Reactions: 22

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Inappropriate use of ‘literally’ and ‘anxiety’- the latter especially. There seems to be this trend by influencers and reality folk to say things like ‘triggers my anxiety’, when they really mean that they’re nervous or uneasy.
Agreed. Medcalising a completely normal emotion. Same goes for when people say they're 'a bit OCD' about something. It just trivialises serious mental health issues.

BasilRathbon

People saying "pissed" when they mean "angry".

The first time I heard it I was working in a call centre and took a complaint from an American guy who ranted for ages and finished by saying "I'm really pissed right now!".

I didn't help matters by replying " In that case I think you should call back once you've sobered up".

• Haha
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Apologies if it's been said but "self-care". I'd never heard this term before lockdown, and when I did first hear it I assumed it referred to taking care of oneself sexually. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Shestheman22

I done this
I seen this
I aren’t doing it - all of which make me feel sick. Talk properly!
Hozzi- hospital 🤮
Get me on that big bird - when someone’s going on holiday
Tescos, Aldis, Asdas- why the need for the S? I know someone that calls Morrison’s Morridogs 😳
Can I get
I’ve gotten...
Any incorrect spelling of definitely
Cheers
I’ve had worse Mondays
I used to work on a pharmacy and people couldn’t say ibuprofen - hated it when they said brufen or ibrufen 😂

there’s loads that people say at work, some stuff really infuriates me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
When people call McDonalds ‘maccies’ or ‘macd’s’ or ‘maccie-d’s’

it’s fucking McDonald’s it takes no extra effort to say it properly.

• Haha

Lalla

VIP Member
Boss Babe. Ugh. Always said by the Juice Plus/ other MLM shit-ers. Just get a bloody proper job and stop fencing all your shit onto your poor friends!

I also can't abide certain shortened food names, ie Spag Bol/ Spag Bowl/ Spag Bog. All of which make me feel a bit sick. Ditto 'picky bits' or a 'picky tea'
And don't even get me started on the health hazard that is those sodding grazing platters (not the name so much with those just the bloody concept!)

Brew or Cuppa sets my teeth on edge. Ditto calling a roll anything other than a roll (barm, batch, etc). I know this is regional and I should just get over myself!

Calling your kids 'little legs' or worse 'little man' for a boy (or if you're Mrs Hinch' little manz' 😂 )

Playpark gets on my wick too. It's a park or a playground. Pick one.

Oh, and 'same'. As in 'I really like X' 'Yeah, same hun, same'. :sick:

• Haha