Popular expressions/words that need to be banned #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic but going on the trigger warning subject, I saw a post a couple of weeks ago on a public Facebook group and someone had asked for people to think before asking a year 6 child if they're looking forward to secondary school as some get anxiety about it or have SEN so are not going to mainstream school , I'm sorry but it's a natural question people ask and it's a conversation starter , absolutely ridiculous how much people are expected to pander to people these days
That’s mad. People are so bleeping weak nowadays.

Reactions: 13
When people, usually some sort of customer service, ask you to do something or give a direction and say “for me” at the end of it, such as stand there for me, go to that till for me, fill in this form for me. I don’t know why, it just always feels patronising and I’m being talked to like a child. Just say please or thank you.

Reactions: 6
"Rant over"
"And breathe"
Especially if they've written only two sentences. 🥴

Reactions: 9
My ____ is better than yours

About last night — this should have ended in 2015

For some reason I hate it when people call a c-section just a “section”, but I guess that’s not really a popular phrase

“Suck it and see” my old uni lecturer used to say this and it made me feel queasy

“Oh my goodness” does anyone under 65 IRL actually say this? Or is it only influencers who are trying to pretend they’re country poshos but their ostentatious new money range rovers, fake interest in gardening and sausage dogs give them away?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Twee language surrounding babies.

Change your bum.
Ickle bubba.
Bockle.
Mumma.
Lil man.
Princess.

Just vile.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Twee language surrounding babies.

Change your bum.
Ickle bubba.
Bockle.
Mumma.
Lil man.
Princess.

Just vile.
Ickle bubba is hideous, I can’t believe it’s actually a brand name as well! I would never buy anything from a brand called Ickle Bubba 🤢

that’s like going to a restaurant called Om Nom Nom 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Super.
ie used instead of the appropriate word ‘very’.eg I’m super excited.
I’m super happy….
It really grinds my gears.

Reactions: 6
My colleague who’s a bit older does this too often in team chats, whenever her daughter makes her some food she’s like “E made me pancakes YUM YUM”
Yum yum ?! Almost as bad as Nom Nom 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My ____ is better than yours

About last night — this should have ended in 2015

For some reason I hate it when people call a c-section just a “section”, but I guess that’s not really a popular phrase

“Suck it and see” my old uni lecturer used to say this and it made me feel queasy

“Oh my goodness” does anyone under 65 IRL actually say this? Or is it only influencers who are trying to pretend they’re country poshos but their ostentatious new money range rovers, fake interest in gardening and sausage dogs give them away?
I'm some way under 65 and I say 'Oh my goodness' fairly frequently. However I hate it when it gets shortened to just 'Oh my!' I Don't know why but it really bugs me.

Reactions: 1
Behind the 8 ball
Under the pump
In the weeds
Far out
Referring to a side-dish as a side hustle
Bangin'
I've been watching Masterchef Australia. Ha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.