Popular expressions/words that need to be banned #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The most annoying vocal tic I’ve ever heard was a guy who said ‘bless you’ after everything he replied to you- “Where’s the printer ink”? “Bless you, it’s in the drawer” “It’s nice weather today”! “Bless you, yes it’s nice weather”! Such a waste of breath 😂
Bless you always sounds really patronising to me

Reactions: 9
@soph30 Also people who say "bless" if you said "I was worried it would rain today" or some such minor inconvenience.

Forgot to say "Awww bl SS"

Bless*

• Haha
Reactions: 2
"Looking to" puts my teeth on edge.

As in "are you looking to move house?"

Just use "do you want to" or "are you planning to" or any one of the many perfectly usable constructions available.

Reactions: 3
Trigger Warning
I hate this. Trigger warnings are for people with severe complex PTSD who have been in conflict and disaster situations, not some blue-hair in the Goldsmiths common room who hears something they/them disagrees with.

People who caption photos of their partner with “my person.” Makes me feel slightly sick for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I hate this. Trigger warnings are for people with severe complex PTSD who have been in conflict and disaster situations, not some blue-hair in the Goldsmiths common room who hears something they/them disagrees with.

People who caption photos of their partner with “my person.” Makes me feel slightly sick for some reason.
Yeah not trigger warning; talking about money :)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
But I don’t even understand the point. If I see “TW: eating disorders” I’m going to start thinking about my eating disorder, whether I read the post or not. It’s up to me to deal with my feelings about it; I can’t expect the world to change to accommodate me.

Reactions: 14
Slightly off topic but going on the trigger warning subject, I saw a post a couple of weeks ago on a public Facebook group and someone had asked for people to think before asking a year 6 child if they're looking forward to secondary school as some get anxiety about it or have SEN so are not going to mainstream school , I'm sorry but it's a natural question people ask and it's a conversation starter , absolutely ridiculous how much people are expected to pander to people these days

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Platy Jubes can disappear forever after today. It should never have been a thing in the first place.

Not sure how this one will go down

Rainbow baby

I hate it. I have had a miscarriage and a baby since and I hate the phrase rainbow baby. Makes my toes curl.

Reactions: 16
Not sure how this one will go down

Rainbow baby

I hate it. I have had a miscarriage and a baby since and I hate the phrase rainbow baby. Makes my toes curl.
Agreed. And speaking as someone who has had multiple losses, I detest Angel Baby, Baby Angel, Baby in Heaven, etc.

• Heart
A colleague - everytime he talks or explains something to someone he adds at the end 'does that make sense? or 'am I making sense?
It's so repetative and irritating.
“d’you know what I mean?” is another one of them!
It’s usually said by Love Island bimbos with a QI of a slice of toast so yea Chloe I know what you mean I can understand basic human conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.