Popular Expressions that need to be banned #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'When one door closes, another opens'.

In my experience, when one door closes, so does another.

Reactions: 8
Oh god yes dichotomy. They’ve all blatantly got that stupid app that’s flying around on Instagram that teaches you a new VERY INTELLIGENT word every day. Fucken sad acts.

Reactions: 9
When people say 'literally' all the time:

'I literally said that to him the other day!' (why not just say it without 'literally,' which is meaningless here?...)
'Like, literally everyone in the room screamed laughing!' (really, every single one?... )
'I literally died!' (nope, you didn't...)

Aarghh...

Reactions: 13
"As you were"

This was rarely used outside the armed forces before Liam Gallagher started with it a few years ago.

Now grotesquely over used and just sounds bent IMO.

Reactions: 7
Shenanigans.
People think it means best buddy or chum. They tag someone and say 'mY SheNanigAns'.

Saw a comment on an article today talking about a ‘chocky bar’

I hate the ‘chocolate’ ones - choc, choc-choc.

I might have mentioned it on here before but I hate a lot of the food ones - tinned toms, jacket pot, jackey p
I don’t know why but I can’t stand them!

Jackey ps is easily the worst I've seen! I think someone has posted it here (or elsewhere in this site) but "pots" instead of potatoes. I.e "new pots"

Reactions: 5
As well as "pots" and "toms", I'd like to add one I've just seen- "yog" instead of yoghurt. I also hate seeing EVOO for Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I know it takes longer to type out, but it just winds me up!

I absolutely HATE the use of 'ate' or 'ate it up' to mean someone did something really well or looked really good.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.