Piano

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Channel 4. Members of the public unknowingly playing for Mika (popstar) and Lang Lang (Widely considered one of the best pianists)

A young girl plays this week who is neurodiverse and blind who is sensational.

These sorts if programmes make me smile and the talent of some is just amazing.

Did anyone else see last weeks or this week?

Reactions: 2
Saw last week. Don't really understand it. How did they get people to go to the stations and play in the first place? What was the incentive? Apparently they don't know they're being judged while they play. So why do they think they're there?

Reactions: 1
Channel 4. Members of the public unknowingly playing for Mika (popstar) and Lang Lang (Widely considered one of the best pianists)

A young girl plays this week who is neurodiverse and blind who is sensational.

These sorts if programmes make me smile and the talent of some is just amazing.

Did anyone else see last weeks or this week?
I came looking for a thread and was surprised not to find one.

I have been watching this. Her performance is truly jaw dropping. well worth finding on catch up

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I came looking for a thread and was surprised not to find one.

I have been watching this. Her performance is truly jaw dropping. well worth finding on catch up
i had to immediately rewatch it. for lang lang to be that genuinely blown away by it spoke volumes (given his face when he heard the piece she would be playing).

here it is for anyone who hasn’t seen it:

it IS a strange format so far but i love watching people play the piano so it works for me!

Reactions: 3
i had to immediately rewatch it. for lang lang to be that genuinely blown away by it spoke volumes (given his face when he heard the piece she would be playing).

here it is for anyone who hasn’t seen it:

it IS a strange format so far but i love watching people play the piano so it works for me!
You really need to see how she learns the piece truly amazing

This is a fabulous programme. Even showing the range of people playing the piano and how they use the piano differently. The old guy from week one playing for his wife with dementia and young guy playing to rap.musoc.

This week, Lucy was just jaw dropping - totally awesome. You could see how Mika and Lang Lang were completely stunned. I really hope Lucy can cope with performing on the London stage.

I also loved the guy who moved his piano in the trailer. The wee soul was crying when he was playing 😢😢😢

Next episode is Glasgow - canny wait 😀😀😀

But still no-one able to explain how they get to the piano at the station in the first place?
I suppose if you are a player of any worth you will go and play if you know there is a piano in the station for people to.play. The people on the programme are amazing. I didn't agree with the result of the first episode as I wanted the mother of the autistic boy to win. She'd composed it for him and it was like a comfort blanket. But I am thrilled that Lucy won the second programme.

But still no-one able to explain how they get to the piano at the station in the first place?
Each episode will see talented amateur pianists invited to play on public pianos in London St Pancras, Leeds, Glasgow and Birmingham train stations, sharing their stories and music with the great British public.

Each episode will see talented amateur pianists invited to play on public pianos in London St Pancras, Leeds, Glasgow and Birmingham train stations, sharing their stories and music with the great British public.
I am disappointed that Wales wasnt included we do have train stations we gave horse and carts up awhile ago.😁

• Haha
Glasgow Central Station has had a piano for years. It's located beside the mobility access point.

It looks like for the TV they moved it into the middle of the station.

But how did they find these "talented amateur pianists" in order to invite them in the first place? I'm just genuinely interested in how the producers found them.
---
I suppose if you are a player of any worth you will go and play if you know there is a piano in the station for people to.play.
Not in my experience. Pianos in stations are usually out of tune with poor mechanism after being bashed by the general public. The pianos they're using in this programme are of a much higher quality.

But how did they find these "talented amateur pianists" in order to invite them in the first place? I'm just genuinely interested in how the producers found them.
---

Not in my experience. Pianos in stations are usually out of tune with poor mechanism after being bashed by the general public. The pianos they're using in this programme are of a much higher quality.
I can only surmise that channel four replaced them with good quality new ones. No doubt that some very bad pianists played as well but they are not shown as they aren't relevant to the show. It's not like Britain's got Talent where they make a point of broadcasting the really poor acts for a laugh.

---

Contact love productions and ask or google

30CF37CE-3966-4739-8136-21BAD1A0B0EF.jpeg

seems legit to me. I can’t play at all but love listening to those who can. Really enjoying it

Feel good TV. I've enjoyed almost every performance and many have reduced me to tears.
Its lovely NOT to see a bunch of reality "stars" or Wannabees for once and have genuinely talented people being given a chance to demonstrate their considerable talents.

That's right. They shipped them in especially and placed them on a stage in fairly prominent positions like in the middle of a station concourse.

They are also grand pianos. The stations all use upright pianos that can be tucked away in alcoves or out of the way up against walls and stairwells.

I know the station piano at St Pancras and they didn't use that. There is also one at Euston which now has so many damaged keys it has become unplayable.