Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Channel 4. Members of the public unknowingly playing for Mika (popstar) and Lang Lang (Widely considered one of the best pianists)

A young girl plays this week who is neurodiverse and blind who is sensational.

These sorts if programmes make me smile and the talent of some is just amazing.

Did anyone else see last weeks or this week?
I came looking for a thread and was surprised not to find one.

I have been watching this. Her performance is truly jaw dropping. well worth finding on catch up

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Eirawen

VIP Member
Feel good TV. I've enjoyed almost every performance and many have reduced me to tears.
Its lovely NOT to see a bunch of reality "stars" or Wannabees for once and have genuinely talented people being given a chance to demonstrate their considerable talents.

Reactions: 3

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I came looking for a thread and was surprised not to find one.

I have been watching this. Her performance is truly jaw dropping. well worth finding on catch up
i had to immediately rewatch it. for lang lang to be that genuinely blown away by it spoke volumes (given his face when he heard the piece she would be playing).

here it is for anyone who hasn’t seen it:

it IS a strange format so far but i love watching people play the piano so it works for me!

Willow9999

30CF37CE-3966-4739-8136-21BAD1A0B0EF.jpeg

seems legit to me. I can’t play at all but love listening to those who can. Really enjoying it

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I had goosebumps on my goosebumps. Lucy's teacher is a very special person, to be able to find the key to her talent

Reactions: 2

Eirawen

VIP Member
Seeing the clips from past weeks, they also appear upright
the young girl is nervous but talented
Yes but this experience helped her. Another wonderful episode and I agree with the result but it was a really close call. Glasgow station is so beautiful ❤.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I love this show! So moving. Still thinking about the woman with the red hair in the first episode who played her own composition

When they do the reveal at the end, it's quite a large group - I feel a bit sorry for those who don't make the edit, but it probably makes a better show to focus on just a few people

I think its great, the fact they don't realise they are being watched is fascinating, I really wanted the woman with the red hair to win in the first episode she was so good, Its a shame that an older person didn't get included in the final 4 but there you go they are the experts. Great programme but I hope they keep it as a one off as I would hate to see it become like the Xfactor.
Agree. A second series would mean no element of surprise from the players as they would already be aware of being watched. Love it anyway.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Looking forward to the final and although I have enjoyed this series a lot I hope it doesn't get repeated as then it will become anotherX factor.
---
Birmingham New Street tonight and the black upright piano again. Probably the same one as in previous weeks and placed there especially. Same situation too, sat on a podium in the middle of the station concourse.

Programme becoming very x-factorish now and getting a bit corny. They've really upped the anti on the emotional back stories. Makes it seem to deliberate. It's a luvvie darling TV production though. I suppose they just can't resist.
It all has to be the same to treat everyone the same surprised you are still watching it.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I love this show! So moving. Still thinking about the woman with the red hair in the first episode who played her own composition

When they do the reveal at the end, it's quite a large group - I feel a bit sorry for those who don't make the edit, but it probably makes a better show to focus on just a few people
I think its great, the fact they don't realise they are being watched is fascinating, I really wanted the woman with the red hair to win in the first episode she was so good, Its a shame that an older person didn't get included in the final 4 but there you go they are the experts. Great programme but I hope they keep it as a one off as I would hate to see it become like the Xfactor.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Loved watching the final episode last night they all did so well and Lucy was wonderful, Lang Lang is so intrigued with her great to see 2 geniuses working together.

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
Each episode will see talented amateur pianists invited to play on public pianos in London St Pancras, Leeds, Glasgow and Birmingham train stations, sharing their stories and music with the great British public.
I am disappointed that Wales wasnt included we do have train stations we gave horse and carts up awhile ago.😁

• Haha

Lambeth Walk

Birmingham New Street tonight and the black upright piano again. Probably the same one as in previous weeks and placed there especially. Same situation too, sat on a podium in the middle of the station concourse.

Programme becoming very x-factorish now and getting a bit corny. They've really upped the anti on the emotional back stories. Makes it seem to deliberate. It's a luvvie darling TV production though. I suppose they just can't resist.

LifeOfRiley

Channel 4. Members of the public unknowingly playing for Mika (popstar) and Lang Lang (Widely considered one of the best pianists)

A young girl plays this week who is neurodiverse and blind who is sensational.

These sorts if programmes make me smile and the talent of some is just amazing.

Did anyone else see last weeks or this week?

I started watching this last night and watched the first two. Even Mr Reality, the biggest cynic of us all was moved by Lucy. She is phenomenal.

Also, isn’t Mika just beautiful. V flamboyant and over the top but my god he’s a very handsome man. Am scared to look on secret celeb gossip just in case.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
This is a fabulous programme. Even showing the range of people playing the piano and how they use the piano differently. The old guy from week one playing for his wife with dementia and young guy playing to rap.musoc.

This week, Lucy was just jaw dropping - totally awesome. You could see how Mika and Lang Lang were completely stunned. I really hope Lucy can cope with performing on the London stage.

I also loved the guy who moved his piano in the trailer. The wee soul was crying when he was playing 😢😢😢

Next episode is Glasgow - canny wait 😀😀😀

Eirawen

VIP Member
But how did they find these "talented amateur pianists" in order to invite them in the first place? I'm just genuinely interested in how the producers found them.
---

Not in my experience. Pianos in stations are usually out of tune with poor mechanism after being bashed by the general public. The pianos they're using in this programme are of a much higher quality.
I can only surmise that channel four replaced them with good quality new ones. No doubt that some very bad pianists played as well but they are not shown as they aren't relevant to the show. It's not like Britain's got Talent where they make a point of broadcasting the really poor acts for a laugh.

Reactions: 1

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Such a great last episode. The way the whole audience were transfixed during Lucy's performance. And Mika and Lang Lang being so invested in it all was lovely

Eirawen

VIP Member
But still no-one able to explain how they get to the piano at the station in the first place?
I suppose if you are a player of any worth you will go and play if you know there is a piano in the station for people to.play. The people on the programme are amazing. I didn't agree with the result of the first episode as I wanted the mother of the autistic boy to win. She'd composed it for him and it was like a comfort blanket. But I am thrilled that Lucy won the second programme.