Phillip Schofield

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We don’t know that his wife hasn’t known about it for years and was quite comfortable with their situation though. He may have been upfront with her years ago for all we know, he hasn’t given a timeframe (and nor should he have to) of when he came out to his family - I have every sympathy for her if she was blindsided by it but we don’t know she was so to say she has ‘wasted’ 27 years (as one poster has suggested) is unfair on them all imo...plus 2 daughters have come out of it and for that alone I am sure she doesn’t class it as a ‘waste’!

As for the timing, it could be as simple as he has been struggling mentally with not being openly ‘out’ and has been taking it out on people (no excuse but he’s only human) and their complaints have made him realise he needed to let it all out...it’s not so hard to believe

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I watched the whole interview and if any of you reckon this is all a stunt then you need your heads checking.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
God, I hope none of you ever have to go through coming out. The comments here are absolutely awful. It must have been heartbreaking to realise that you're living a life you're not meant to. Also, love is more than about who you're currently kissing so I do not think that his wife has been living a "wasted life" you all need to realise what it's like for homosexual people to admit their truths. No wonder so many people stay in the closet when comments like these ones are being made.
A personal announcement can be both difficult and calculated.

I watched the whole interview and if any of you reckon this is all a stunt then you need your heads checking.
I don’t think anyone has said that.

Reactions: 10
Thing is who cares?
really?
none of us know him
none of us are part of his marriage/family
being gay today isn’t a big deal-it’s who you are-it’s part of your dna
my son came out last year and for some reason thought I’d be ashamed of him!
i told him I don’t care if he’s gay/straight/a smurf-he’s still my boy
the only thing that changed was my vision of his wedding day-the bride was replaced with a fella and that just didn’t make an ounce of difference in my head
Philip is now untouchable in his career
anyone who says he’s a nob in real life will be ‘homophobic‘
even if he is a nob and that has duck all to do with who hes shagging
hun its not being gay its fab being gay man or woman as long as you come out as soon as you know you are, who else waits for years with 2 grown up children ?he says its caused pain -hes either been told to come out by a ex lover or the beans will be spilt or he wants something to cover up the feud with ruth..cant see why he would want to come out as he seems pretty comfortable in his boots

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A friend of mine knows someone who works at this morning , and apparently they have known for ages as he is shagging some intern there 😳

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Maybe his wife has found true love and has given him the ultimatum to come out so as she can finally move on. She must of know for quite some time, at least I hope she did.

Wouldnt be suprised if he hooks up with Phil Vickery, always thought he was a bit camp!

Feel for his wife and girls, he should never had married in the first place, just completely selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Dont know if it's just me but I found the sombre tone at the start of the show very unnerving as though Phil's here to say he's contracted gayness ?? then Holly reads his statement where he's "coming to terms with being gay" and comforted by the family it felt like he was dying not celebrating coming out .

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Maybe his wife has found true love and has given him the ultimatum to come out so as she can finally move on. She must of know for quite some time, at least I hope she did.

Wouldnt be suprised if he hooks up with Phil Vickery, always thought he was a bit camp!

Feel for his wife and girls, he should never had married in the first place, just completely selfish.
Or Steph might be going off with PV 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t think anyone is saying this is a stunt and he isn’t gay. People are questioning his timing with all his bad press recently. Just seems too convenient.

Reactions: 28
A friend of mine knows someone who works at this morning , and apparently they have known for ages as he is shagging some intern there 😳
it would not surprise me in the least, and holly gushing over him made a bit of sick come up my throat as when she interviewed Paul Burrell she grilled him...he should have had a backbone yrs ago..maybe it suited the pair of them to stay together and now pails not with his wife it may open the path to them both getting married

Reactions: 9
I don’t think anyone is saying this is a stunt and he isn’t gay. People are questioning his timing with all his bad press recently. Just seems too convenient.
Exactly this. He has saved this news for a time he really needs it.

Reactions: 19

its the families that suffer he said himself he was proud to come out, his wife is prob sat at home devastated she should have been by his side not the floozy holly,shes just as bad, hope dan never comes out

Reactions: 16
Exactly.
I don't think anyone thinks that or has been homophobic. It's clearly a difficult thing for anyone to do but it also seems like rather than address the issues that have been coming to light more and more around his behaviour he has used this like a 'get out of jail free' card to sweep the drama under the carpet.
If anything I think it trivialises it for people who are genuinely struggling.

Reactions: 18
I know someone who works on TM. She said he’s awful and definitely gay, his marriage is just for show. Also told me Holly very fond of the white stuff, and when she’s “drunk” she’s actually high.
Pick the lotto numbers next!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
One can still have lead a valid life with someone and then be gay. Just because he's come out doesn't invalidate his life up to that point.
It's a tough one. I don't doubt that your opinion is right in some cases, and that a life together is based on genuine love. But none of us can guess what his wife is truly feeling, and if it was me personally, I would be feeling robbed.

Reactions: 6
If hi wife was so supportive I'm surprised she was not by his side holding his hand. Especially if she has known for a long time and they have lived separate lives. We can only go by his words on this, until she speaks out. Makes me think it's not all as it seems. His last line about being kind to his family?? Why would anyone be other than kind to them? It's odd. As for holly, I've never seem the point of her tbh. Vapid and boring. I remember her interview with paul Burrell, she wasnt clutching his hand and telling him how brave he was 🙄

Reactions: 26
Can't say I'm hugely surprised, I'm guessing it's been an open secret within his circle for a long time. I think it is a brave thing to do but I do also feel sorry for his wife. I'm damn sure she knew this was coming and from the statement it looks like it's been discussed and worked through for quite some time however it will still be really tough for her to deal with. I would like to think she was in agreement with the statement being released. I have a relative left his wife after 20 years of marriage and 2 kids because he finally came out and it was a dreadful time for both of them made so much worse because it become very acrimonious.

I don't agree at all with his wife having "wasted" 27 years. For a start they have 2 kids - how is that a waste? Secondly she may well have known for many years that he is gay and they've had arrangement where he has a boyfriend/partner and she has her fun too. We just don't know do we. And yes I know some people might find that distasteful but if it works for them then who are we to judge?

Also, regardless of how things are now, it WAS very different to come out as gay 27 years ago and clearly for whatever reason it wasn't the right time for him then. I'm certainly no fan but recently he's become quite the witch and I'd like to think that this is as a result of him being in emotional turmoil (he does seem to have lost a tit load of weight too). If this is damage control then it horribly undermines other people in the same situation.

One thing that has made me want to barf is the interview, all sitting around him, hugging and crying, acting like he's the bleeping Messiah. I mean come on, no-ones died.

Wow! For someone who doesn't really have an opinion on him, I certainly seem to have a lot to say!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
God, I hope none of you ever have to go through coming out. The comments here are absolutely awful. It must have been heartbreaking to realise that you're living a life you're not meant to. Also, love is more than about who you're currently kissing so I do not think that his wife has been living a "wasted life" you all need to realise what it's like for homosexual people to admit their truths. No wonder so many people stay in the closet when comments like these ones are being made.
Agreed. Plus Phillip comes from an age when it wasn't accepted and it could/would ruin your career. Now I don't think that will happen at all but just like in my head I am still the fat girl in school who was bullied mercilessly, I'm sure he still has those fears - Because they never leave you

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Goodness me the fawning over this guy!!! He's not dead or dying, he's gay. That is all. Why should we sympathise with him? He's led a life based on a lie and I'm sure he'll milk this for all its worth. I feel sorry for his wife and kids but they too will be fine. Being gay is actually no big deal any more, the big deal is him not coming clean for 27 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.