Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PlainJane10

Totally agree, Spivey sounds like a homophobic wanker!
Totally! I've found it really hard to read some stuff out there, uncomfortable at the level of homophobic language around. I also want to add that from personal experience it is possible to experiment in your teens and then decide its not for you. I consider myself straight and I'm in a straight marriage, but I tried it the other way more than once usually after too much to drink whilst at college and enjoyed it, but ultimately I liked men more. I don't think sexual orientation is black and white, I think we're all on a sliding scale. I don't care really whether PS is bi or gay, or whether his wife is straight, bi or gay, as long as they weren't hurting anyone. I mean, I'm curious, but I know its not actually any of my business.

Reactions: 18

BeingBoring

I’m a pretty relaxed person and not generally inclined to believe most internet gossip or indulge in conspiracy theories, but the most damning thing for me in this case is the lack of response from Schofield’s ITV colleagues.

Take Piers Morgan for example. He’s been tweeting away regularly every day since this story broke and people have been tweeting him directly with the allegations and asking him for the truth. It would take him all of two minutes to completely end this by saying “I’m aware of the scurrilous rumours circulating about my friend Philip and I can tell you unequivocally that there is NO GAGGING ORDER and no foundation to these disgusting lies. I’m sorry to have to even address such rubbish and all of those giving credence to this nonsense should be ashamed of themselves”.

So where is that denial? From any of them? The silence is deafening. If my mate was having these kinds of stories circulating and I knew them to be untrue I wouldn’t keep silent about it.

Popbitch suggested that the lack of MSM stories was more likely down to editors being wary of breaching bullying or invasion of privacy guidelines than the existence of a gagging order, but that doesn’t tally with the absence of denials elsewhere. For me, Morgan is saying everything that he can. By saying absolutely nothing at all.

On a separate but sort of related note, I saw a random user on Twitter earlier state that “philip schofield never dated an 18 year old it came out that it was fake”. When asked where this statement came from, their response was “dunno him or someone from his college said it wasn’t real and then everyone just forgot about it”. If that’s the best refutation that people inclined to disbelieve the rumours can come up with, they’ve been left clutching at straws.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
Yes, that’s definitely MM. Look how intensely he is staring at PS!

What a brilliant find. More evidence of favouritism and special favours.

• Heart

Clemmieinwonderlust

My friend In Australia knows about what he’s been up to so it’s getting known world wide. yet the press still won’t report it.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
I must admit I was surprised that he gave the sun the exclusive but it all makes sense if they were the ones threatening to expose him.
Yes. It wouldn't have been the paper to choose if you simply wanted to 'speak to the nation,' seeing as a growing part of that nation boycott the paper, and quite rightly, too.

Saturn.

Chatty Member
I have read that one of PS daughters is his manager she also manages a couple of others too. Cant remember where I read it though!
I believe this to be true, and she will no doubt continue to be as money is money for some, and from a business perspective they will all say and do the 'right' things. However on an emotional level, there must have been a material shift in the respect his daughters have for him. The realisation that your Dad is a seedy creep, perving on young boys via Snapchat at 2am, is something that they will now have to live with. I think I would give up all the trappings of a millionaire lifestyle if it meant retaining the genuine respect of my young daughters. He may survive the public humiliation if no illegality has occurred, but he has saddled himself with the inner turmoil of knowing he has forever diminished himself as a father.

• Heart

Pumps

Much as I would like to believe that simplistic narrative, it doesn't explain why there was a need for the rushed coming out interview and also why much of the evidence of Steph being a lesbian has been brushed under the carpet. We need to carry on investigating.
He outed himself so he could tailor the narrative i think, rather than be outed by someone else with a less sympathetic view and look more like a big liar (which he does now anyway)
Wheres the evidence that shes a lesbian? Investigating from your settee on your smartphone only gets you so far 😄
(I should know, Ive lost hours to this sort of thing)

Rob123

Unsure if these have been added, apologies if they have - NTA‘S 2020
If that is Matt approaching Holly, he does look very annoyed and she looks freaked out. So the stories saying that Matt was evicted from the VIP area kicking and screaming may have some truth to them. He might have also been drinking too much???

Could some journalists have got wind of all this and that's what eventually led to Phil having to out himself?

Anfield Annie

You responded to me with 'yes we know'... I shared the info'. I am not questioning that you are any one else is 'shocked' or 'not shocked' it is the jumping in to let me know that you have already shared the info like it is some kind of competition. Caroline Flack should not have been mentioned on a thread which is supposed to be discussing Phillip Schofield. She had nothing to do with this man's alleged conduct. Of course some people are more protected than others in an organisation like ITV. It happens in every corporate entity in this country. Some people are always more equal than others.
Don’t be pathetic . There was zero competition for goodness sake (polite version)
plenty Of others have commented on CF on this thread so that tells me there is a “slight” connection in regards of how ITV handle people and situations

edit...please do not accuse me of trying to gain brownie points by being the first to announce such horrid news

Last edited:

Doc

VIP Member
He was extremely inappropriate and predatory with me on numerous occasions. I had to start actively avoiding him as I was scared to be alone with him. He was more than twice my age as well. Don't diminish others' experiences of him just because yours differ.
Totally agree. Not to mention Rapey McCreepys can also act perfectly charming and generous in different circumstances.

Don’t like the “young girls throwing themselves at him” tone at all.

Peachy9

VIP Member
P.S. Just looked at their profile, and I am one of 22 people they have chosen to follow. And guess what ...... all 22 are frequent contributors to this thread alone. I'm sure it is completely normal to follow 22 people, but not make a single post of your own.

I have followed them back - seemed like the least I could do. :)
Feel rather left out that they haven't deemed me interesting enough to follow!

• Haha
  • Heart

Team JCM

VIP Member
Well I would like a round of applause please! It’s takem me 8 threads but I’m finally up to date 🙌🏻 Can’t remember when I last fed the kids or had a wash but I’m up to date!
I only just joined/found this site after binning twitter over its blatant censorship and angry users. You can have discussion and debate without being rude and by being open to differing points of view on social media. Let’s just say my last week on here has been a brutal test of stamina in getting up to speed like you! Love it here.

Argento

Sadly, I see that the sun have PS very much at the forefront of the tributes to Caroline Flack. They show his tribute first in the snapshots and he is the 3rd tribute mentioned in the text of the article after Piers Morgan and current Love Island Laura Whatmore.

Whilst it is possible i am reading too much into it I feel the Sun is being opportunistic and seizing the chance to promote nice guy PS.

• Sick

thegreencow

VIP Member
Those tears were from no one but himself. I doubt he gives a shit about Caroline. It's taken the heat off him for a while and he will probably be able to go on holiday next week or whenever in peace.

If he were a woman he likely would've been thrown to the wolves by ITV.

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the twitter account @protectschofe? "Defending national hero Phil Schofield from the haters trying to ruin his career" 🙄😆

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Angry

RunnerJ

People writing anything on Twitter now are getting the #bekind hashtag and being accused of being a troll. We must keep talking about this, ITV are rubbing their hands knowing that this will all die down. Some there has just written in her tweet (sorry I haven't learnt to the how to do post a screenshot yet!) Under @happystitcher1
Phillip is a powerful man at ITV
One of my first thoughts after CF dying was, well that’s Schofe breathing a sigh of relief - takes the heat off him for a bit.

• Sad

soll

Getting back to basics sgain, for me one of the indicators of PS being predatory and unfaithful at the least is the copious evidence of his late night Snapchatting with teenage boys. That is just not what happily married hetero middle aged men do.