Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Teal99

His coming out as done a great disservice to the gay community. It is perpetuating unfair myths about gay men. It was done as the least worse option for him.

He always wanted to be a presenter/on tv. He used to pretend to be one when he was young. I think he was told that if he wanted to be a mainstream tv presenter, particularly on children’s tv, he would need to get married. At that time it would have been deemed unacceptable to be a gay man, which seems shocking and plain wrong now. There were of course gay men on tv at that time, but they had this overt camp image like Grayson and Inman. If a gay guy didn’t want to be a gay caricature, he would have been forced (if he wanted to have the career he had long dreamt of) to conform. And how better to conform than taking a wife. He has admitted that he knew he was gay when he married. He said he had wrestled with this for many years. We know that’s not true, why else would the showbiz world know he was gay?

He has left others in the gay community to fight the good fight, whilst he stayed on the down low. So he isnt brave, he was self serving, and a bit of a narcissistic twit to come out in that way on Friday.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Waterfountain

Chatty Member
Truck is that youuuuuuu G.J.P ???
Of course he hasn’t seen any evidence, because there are more beans waiting to be spilled.
people are just digging around looking For circumstantial evidence , who is linked to who, who knows what and where...like fitting a jig saw together, like characters in Vera, morse , midsomer..whatever...and you know why that is
its because there’s more to come out.
imagine what it’s like for PS right now.
he thought he had the perfect life. The adoration of his family. Beautiful home, plenty of money..could do what he liked on the side
i expect he thought he could. Go on ad infinitum.

then someone or something threw a spanner into the works. Maybe just maybe, he upset someone. Someone in the know. Not necessarily MM..maybe he trod on someone else’s toes too hard..only they know but what we see now is the very public unraveling of someone’s life.
for all his bluster and pretence being inside the mind of Philip Schofield will not be a very nice place. It will be like a pressure cooker in there waiting to blow.

his narcissistic self won’t even know who his true friends are..are they just pretending to be supportive to keep the charade going.
if he wasn’t sleeping before he certainly won’t be sleeping now, because the can of worms has been opened .

oh Philip you made such a bad choice on Friday. You really over egged the pudding and came across as a terrible actor. you might have gotten away with it if you had just made a short announcement on social media but on A show that is as dry as ditchwater you peeked the nations interest.
suddenly there was something to watch and that something was you. You became the star turn. People like myself who can’t bear to watch the show we’re all watching the clip on YouTube with astonishment at what was being played out in front of us.
you made a career out of living your life in the public eye and I’m sorry to say it has lead to your downfall
best to pick up your final pay check and go quietly, you had a good run.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Brocoligal

I worked for ITV 15 years ago in London. I worked within the offices in London. I worked on one show and got other jobs within the offices too. So I met a few faces and one person whom was my boss on this project was once in a prominent post on TM. Shes a women many years ago women didnt have such a good ranking in ITV. Anyway I loved her we had a great rapport and after 4 weeks on an intensive project (wish I could say what it was but it would identify her as she is well known in ITV) she snapped out of the blue. I got so nervous around her after that she became mean. Then I saw her with mini alcohol bottles. Basically her daily lunch. I was so glad to be soon leaving the project... I did meet Jane Moore a Journo she was soooo nice.
Anyway on my final day I expected some emotional goodbyes. Esp as I worked so hard. Instead I got some papers on my desk of my feedback all the boxes 1-5 ratings and gave me poor for everything.
I didnt get it. I asked another colleague on the team then she laid into me and said all I do is use up post it notes, print to much articles.. nothing nice at all. I got a 2 in one section for work wear (my best rating out of 5)....apparently I was too scruffy.. ffs I was smart compared to them😐 I was the researcher on that project and production runner too.
God knows how you can work there full time. TOXIC IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.
Out the bitch!!! :sneaky:

• Haha
  • Heart

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
I painted my toenails blow dried my hair and by the time I got to the end of thread 5 a new one popped up!
I didn’t even know about these threads til now 😭

I suddenly thought oh there’s a Phillip schofield thread. Wonder if there’s any current news on there. I was just off to bed. WAS ffs. Between this and hinch I’ll still be reading when it’s time for work 😂

• Haha

conviviality1

Exactly, I said in a previous post, it's such a dark insidious subject, we need some lightness, and we're not laughing at anyones pain or trauma, we're trying to expose a manipulative, lying, hypocritical narcassist man who, and this is just my personal opinion based on strong evidence, has been highly inappropriate to young teenage boys.
End of.
If you don't like it, please don't read the posts.
I'm not moderating, just speaking up if that's allowed.
What I can't understand for the life of me is that if people come across a site, and it is not to their liking or meets their purposes, why do they keep coming back. Unless, of course, they have an agenda all of their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Wings

I want to second what @Teal99 said earlier. We have to be careful and attempt to be fair in our discussions of this topic.
Before anyone slams me for being part of PS's team, I most certainly am not, and I have asked the same questions as everyone else all along. I would love to figure out the truth.
Things do look really bad, but as someone who once worked in PR/Marketing, I know how easily information can be skewed to create a false image, and it is just as easy for us to view this information through our selective bias now, and create a picture that is false. There is a risk that we are misinterpreting the real story in the absence of information, so we ought to be careful before we draw any conclusions.

There have been posts saying he is sick, this is an outrage, how may children did he prey on, etc. However, as I posted in one of the earlier threads, that concern is based purely on conjecture. We do not actually know what is happening here.
Think about how many people's reputations we are dragging along in this discussion:
PS, his wife, his daughters and all his coworkers (whom people here have rightly said are now implicated in this).
Then there is Holly and her family.
MM and his twin/mother's pictures have been posted- which isn't fair to them, as they may have nothing to do with this.
And now Simon Schofield and his family have been repeatedly brought into this.

I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss these issues and I am not policing this at all. Of course we should, as it may bring something to light that needs to be investigated, but we must be responsible in the way we're doing it.
I am asking that people consider the language they're using. Some of the posts made are harsh and quite damning, but based on very little actual evidence. These people and their families' reputations may be forever tarnished by the connections we are making, and those connections may prove to be completely unfounded in time. We should all tread lightly.

After some thought, this is what I believe I can conclude at this time (imo, other's may freely disagree):
- SS and MM were family friends, based on that Xmas dinner photo that shows the family with SS, and the other photos of them regularly hanging out together.
- PS and SS have worked together in theatre and PS is the patron of the 2faces school, which MM attended.
- When MM decided to work in TV, SS leveraged his connection to PS to get MM a runner's gig and a leg up in ITV.
- The PS-MM relationship may only have become romantic after MM turned 18/19/20- we just cannot assume it was when he was underage and he was groomed. We don't know this.
- Once PS broke up with MM, MM was removed from all the programmes he worked on with PS, which lead to MM threatening to leak the story.
- Then PS got ahead of the scandal by outing himself, so as to minimize damage to his reputation. I think his concern above all would be how much older he is than MM, and how scandalous it would seem as it doesn't fit in with the public image he has built over the years.

Now the other stuff is a bit more complex. There could be something there or not.
- The social media messages from PS to various fans are weird. They make me wonder. But the content of the messages are nothing more than quick hellos and smiley emojis. A lot of famous people will connect with fans this way, it's part of their appeal to be this relatable. Since it went viral that PS replies to these messages, I can see why all those kids would start messaging him and it became a bit of a game amongst lads who wanted to get a famous person to chat with them or to create a viral snap/tweet of their own.
I cannot conclude this is sinister based on the content of those messages. I will say they should be investigated further because there may or may not be something there.
An example of how many famous people do this: Kylie Jenner contacted a fan on social media and took him to his prom. Was she grooming him?
- There is also clearly an issue with a much older man dating a younger one because it creates a huge power imbalance, particularly when that older man is your boss. However, we don't know, perhaps MM was happy with a sugar daddy? Not everyone has to be groomed to want to secure that kind of relationship. There are many young women who happily seek those arrangements with older men to afford them a luxe life. Do I agree with it? No. But I recognize that it doesn't immediately translate to those women being groomed (although, of course, many young people are groomed).
- I also think the super injunction may likely be because of the age gap/ hidden relationship behind his wife's back, and the fact that it would affect not only PS's future career, but also MM's future in all sorts of ways. I can imagine a court agreeing to a super injunction because a judge would want to protect MM's reputation by not having his name dragged into all sorts of salacious tabloid gossip, given his age and the fact that he is just at the start of his budding career.

That's my piece. I've seen others getting slammed for offering a differing opinion, so I expect I will be, too. However, IMHO, controlling the narrative and only allowing people who are readily labeling PS a pervert and groomer to post, but slamming anyone who tries to remain objective and fair, is no better than PS silencing all the media with the injunction to control his narrative. We ought not do what he is doing.

I think it's our responsibility to a) continue talking about this so that we force more information out, but equally b) bear in mind how many people we've mentioned on this thread in correlation to grooming/ Saville/ sinister activity all around. Their families may see these comments, their coworkers, their friends. We may ruin their reputations unintentionally and based on conjecture with little actual evidence. It's also inappropriate to post pictures of MM's relatives, IMO.

I'm hopeful that whatever the truth is, it will come to light.

Edited to correct all the typos.
I would only say that the 18/19/20 thing means nothing to me. At that age, while legal, you are still very vulnerable and it is still immoral in my opinion for a man of Phillip’s status to begin a sexual relationship with a young colleague like that, particularly when he got him the job at ITV (a massive deal) and was probably making him all kinds of promises, with MM potentially feeling like he had to to get ahead. The power imbalance makes it not OK for me. And I bet PS was nasty to him in the end, and they didn’t “split” (come on they weren’t boyfriend-boyfriend, it was just his little bit on the side) amicably as he’s left the shows/potentially threatened to out him. We can’t say PS is a paedophile based on what we sort of know, but we can likely say he’s a nasty piece of work who acted cynically. I’m in my 30s and I would never dream of sleeping with someone as young as that, it’s really sick to me.

Loulu2020

This situation with PS reminds me of something that happened when I was MM age. This guy 21 years older than me started complimenting me and we became friends so I thought. He then started texting me and things got suggested I felt flattered. He got what he wanted then said he would never love me only his ex who cheated on him. 7 months later he text saying needed to see me all red flags but I was young and stupid he forced himself on me then said he didn’t want to speak to me wouldn’t have my phone number again and ignored me as I was bleeding from what he did. Then every other weekend he decided we would go away and I would pay while there he played mind games making me think I’m a bad person and I got what I deserved. He then hooked up with someone else and that gave me strength to walk away. However to this day I have trust issues I can’t go to my home town. Even people with same name as him I avoid. My beautiful brilliant partner I get scared he will realise I’m not good enough.
so basically never underestimate powers of older influential men they can wreck your life without trying. I have no doubt smug prat has done this with many younger guys
OMG I put a story up yesteday as I worked in the industry from 15 to about 27 doing all different jobs in the media such as journalism. Radio and many tv production roles.
And I started to remember details of jobs and bosses. And from 16 I was flirted with heavily and some would say sexual innuendos etc and I was this onnocent girl I just feel like WOw it is like grooming. Though nothing psychical happened (Hate that word can NEVER spell it🤣)
I was vunerable and always nervous on my roles whwn those behaviours happened.
There was more bullying than flirting though...
I was at Channel 5 when it began and there was a man on another programme woukd would often get me to do jobs for him just because he knew I was a runner and worked on his floor (not employed by him though just people would take the piss as youre a runner slash their dogsbody!!!)
One day again he asked me to do a favour AGAIN this time it was to make drinks for his Big meeting...
He was boasting about it being soooo important.
I was about to say no finally.. you know get brave

And I thought you know I will make youre drinks... wwnt and took all the orders.. 4 sugars milky tea, soya latte, hot choclate..blah blah...🤪
He said well write it down.. I said no dont worry I remember things...this is what I do make tea😉
Went to make them. Grabbed mycoat and walked out 😁🙃 Needless to say I couldnt speak to my boss I just had enough you know... 😩😤
I always think of that pompous office exec looking like a fool around these oh soooo prominent people 😁😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

marktexas77

Pretty sure tomorrow will be his last day as a presenter, sometime during the half-term break it will be announced he is taking "an extended break" due to the emotional toll of "coming out", probably a stint in some swanky detox centre due to some prescription drug addiction.

Pretending to the camera you are straight while living the gay life once off air does not seem much of a weight to carry.....but for the rest of your life trying to pretend that everyone does not know exactly what you are? Can Schoolboyfield live with that I wonder?

We know what he is.

Reactions: 22

oathy

[
If this is Phil happy, I dread to see him sad. He has a Face like a smacked arse.
LOL Yep. Its so noticeable you know somethings wrong when Holly is doing
most of the interviews, Normally its 99.9 him and holly agreeing,
still think by the summer break the pair of them will be gone him using the reason looking for new directions
in this new "chapter" of his life.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
  • Haha

bah bah

I think his big scare is that he's contradicted himself on TV and the sun interview. The TM one might have given some continued public support as he declared he was coming to terms with being gay, couldn't continue living a lie and never been in a relationship or no plans yet.

But then his Sun interview and PS admitting he always knew and before he married, everyone calls him brave, what about the wife? The fact that the showbiz world always knew. Why would they know unless he had had gay flings. That the TM studio and "family" was his safe space. People suddenly question his motives, add rumours of runners and mentoring and Snapchat ting young men, (not women), the media shutting down, and that he genuinely believes he should be admired for helping other gay men/women, people now think he's an egotistical manipulator, with secrets.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Speaking on Loose Women inn 2016, Phil said he thought jealousy is good for a relationship: "Well we've got an allowed-to list," he said.

"I think mine was for a while Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Aniston. Steph's was Matthew Perry and Jenson Button."

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

SO happily lying through his teeth on TV
Maybe he just got the lists mixed up 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 21

JimBob0346

This is a SERIOUS situation. NO ONE who knows Matthew should be posting ANYTHING about the situation. If they are then they clearly don't give a fuck about Matthew. He's a 22/23 year old kid FFS. I know he's of age but people need to take their focus off him and put it back onto Phillip & the big dogs at ITV.

ClassicJapes

Tattle is cool. 46 and finally have a place to eventually (later) spill goss freely about the world behind the curtain. Love this site and all who prevail it!

• Heart