Phillip Schofield #15 Skating on very thin ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But why the separation? Why can women not join any of the groups if they want to?
I don't know - you could ring them and ask - they've got nothing to hide. Bit like golf isn't it? I'm sure it will change in the future as most things do and not necessarily for the better. Wiki it - makes interesting reading.

Reactions: 3
I don't know - you could ring them and ask - they've got nothing to hide. Bit like golf isn't it? I'm sure it will change in the future as most things do and not necessarily for the better. Wiki it - makes interesting reading.

I just think it's very misogynist to not allow women the privilege to join. My FIL is a Freemason so I know quite a lot about it.

Reactions: 5
I just think it's very misogynist to not allow women the privilege to join. My FIL is a Freemason so I know quite a lot about it.
Well they started out as trade guilds and as you know most trades were run by men as was everything. It is an international thing too. Women did trickle in when perhaps they ended up running their husbands' businesses after their deaths. Perhaps you should note that the Womens Institute has only ever allowed 2 male members - a bloke in 1915 and his dog!

Reactions: 7
My Dad was pursued to join the Freemasons for a while. He had a trade and ran his own business so was an ideal candidate, and one old friend was quite high up in our local lodge so he went a long and said ‘they’re all a bunch of weirdos’. He never went back 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why are women banned from joining?
They aren't. There are female Freemason lodges up and down England and Wales.

In that respect Freemasonry has been equal since mid 19th century. The rules and ceremonies are both the same.

As a active Freemason I'll explain more when I'm at home and not work.

Reactions: 5
Why are women banned from joining?
Think it’s because it was started way way back for stone masons who were all men
At why is There just a WI
There is a Freemason for only women but only 2 lodges that I am aware of
Women do get involved though and every year there is a ladies night
Where the men honour their wives and partners
Years ago women were not allowed to watch or hear husbands or partners rehearse their lines
But it’s not like that now
You can see programs about the Masons and books
They don’t show it all as that would spoil it for people joining
Bit like waiting to see a new film and the whole plot is written in the news paper

Reactions: 1
What's going on with him? Does he have a boyfriend now or what? Doesn't ever seem to be papped with anybody.

Reactions: 1
How did a philip schofield thread end up discussing freemasons 😂
It has more interesting reply’s then Phil and his puppet holly boobs
Lol

Think it’s because it was started way way back for stone masons who were all men
At why is There just a WI
There is a Freemason for only women but only 2 lodges that I am aware of
Women do get involved though and every year there is a ladies night
Where the men honour their wives and partners
Years ago women were not allowed to watch or hear husbands or partners rehearse their lines
But it’s not like that now
You can see programs about the Masons and books
They don’t show it all as that would spoil it for people joining
Bit like waiting to see a new film and the whole plot is written in the news paper
Opps this has already been answered

FFS @omgucnt, you could’ve put it behind a spoiler! My eyes! 😂😂😂
For F’s sake and You think the Freemasons are wired lol

I didn't mention the Rotary organisation that was

Please except my apologies
I was speed reading two forum sections and think I was reading a post you made on the other and put your name instead of Marek
@Marek_2011 ;) My ex-neighbours were Rotarians. I don't know enough about the organisation to comment but that it raises money for charities.

They aren't. There are two all-female Grand Lodges.
It has more interesting reply’s then Phil and his puppet holly boobs
Lol

Opps this has already been answered

For F’s sake and You think the Freemasons are wired lol
That was not aimed at you Lennybrisco
Was meant to say weird and general for all comment
I thought. Masons were weird too
Think I need to get some sleep and shut up before I upset anyone else

Last edited:
IIRC There are actually some amount of conspiracy theories about the Rotary Club, but nowhere as many as about the Masons.

• Haha
IIRC There are actually some amount of conspiracy theories about the Rotary Club, but nowhere as many as about the Masons.
I think you will find more conspiracies in the world of football - FIFA & UEFA - and the World Health Organisation. The Masons stuff is all there - you can go and see the stuff, you can read the stuff, etc. The Women's Institute remains closed to men and this was upheld in 2017.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.