Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So his name has appeared on my news feed loads since this documentary last night. I was gutted as we had tickets to see his show before it was cancelled.

Really would love to see him live and back in the TV again x

Reactions: 9
I've noticed so many people questioning what is wrong with him but I thought it was more than obvious in his statement at the time that someone in his family was seriously ill and so he cancelled the tour to be with them. It can't be easy trying to be funny every night if someone you love is going through a serious illness. I have heard a few rumours that it's his wife who has cancer and that she had previously had it before so not sure if she is terminal which would be very sad.

Reactions: 10
We had tickets too but we said we wouldn’t rebook if he ever said he was going to redo it. I know that probably sounds petty and I’m sure he had good reason for it but he always comes across as someone that doesn’t care about his fans. They like his tv shows etc but he just stops them.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
We had tickets too but we said we wouldn’t rebook if he ever said he was going to redo it. I know that probably sounds petty and I’m sure he had good reason for it but he always comes across as someone that doesn’t care about his fans. They like his tv shows etc but he just stops them.
But didn't you read his statement where he explained it was due to unforeseen family circumstances? He's not going to cancel a tour that is going to make him a lot of money because 'he doesn't care about his fans'! Obviously someone in his family is seriously ill.

Reactions: 66
At the end of the day it's a job, most people assume it's because a close family member was ill. If that was the case am sure everyone one I know would do exactly the same and put their family first.

I actually applaud him for this and for not selling his story and making money off the back of it like many other celebs would do.

Reactions: 59
Just seen some photos posted of him on Twitter, Think it may have been him that was ill, maybe I’m reading too much into it but his hair does not look like it did in the past, I was thinking this could’ve been signs of treatment?
I hope he’s on the road to recovery if it was him. I also had tickets to his show but I have no problem with him cancelling, at all, regardless of whether it was for him or a family member. Family always comes first!

Reactions: 31
Just seen some photos posted of him on Twitter, Think it may have been him that was ill, maybe I’m reading too much into it but his hair does not look like it did in the past, I was thinking this could’ve been signs of treatment?
I hope he’s on the road to recovery if it was him. I also had tickets to his show but I have no problem with him cancelling, at all, regardless of whether it was for him or a family member. Family always comes first!
Those photos popped up on my phone's news page this morning. I instantly thought he was unwell, or has just gotten over some form of illness. He looked like a neighbour of mine who has battled cancer a few times now.

I know he's a very private person, but I do hope he is ok and his family is ok. He's a fantastic comedian.

Reactions: 17
I heard from a journalist friend a few years ago that he is poorly but there is something in place so it’s not revealed to the public.

Reactions: 12
I think he is poorly :cry: It’s been what, over 2 years now since he cancelled his tour? So I assume treatment etc has been ongoing since then.
I was hoping he would burst back onto tv/ announce something he was doing but I think he’s doing the right thing - maintaining his privacy and doing charity work when he can.

Reactions: 13
I heard from a journalist friend a few years ago that he is poorly but there is something in place so it’s not revealed to the public.
I also heard this. That theres an injunction in place that stops tabloids reporting on it.
We had tickets for his tour too and was gutted when it was cancelled but, I just hope he is well, happy and maybe some day we'll get to enjoy him on stage!

Reactions: 17
I expect watching his loved one go through treatment is taking a toll on him. He looks fine to me. There have been loads of twitter rumours about him having cancer as he’s been seen at Christie’s cancer hospital in Manchester but presumably that is where his loved one is having treatment?

His original statement implied it was a family member not himself and he stated then he protects his families privacy, so I expect that’s why it’s not reported on.

Reactions: 8
This is true, I have a friend who works with one of his close family members. The press are leaving him alone

Reactions: 8
I expect watching his loved one go through treatment is taking a toll on him. He looks fine to me. There have been loads of twitter rumours about him having cancer as he’s been seen at Christie’s cancer hospital in Manchester but presumably that is where his loved one is having treatment?

His original statement implied it was a family member not himself and he stated then he protects his families privacy, so I expect that’s why it’s not reported on.
I've just looked for the pictures and I second this. Yes the hair is thinner but he hasn't been in the public eye for 10 years or so. Hair thins as you age, and stress will also cause it.

I applaud him for being so private.

Reactions: 10
Wow - such empathy. If you think he doesn’t care about his fans, why even line his pockets in the first place?

Reactions: 43
I've just looked for the pictures and I second this. Yes the hair is thinner but he hasn't been in the public eye for 10 years or so. Hair thins as you age, and stress will also cause it.

I applaud him for being so private.
Not sure what you mean - hasn’t been in the public eye for 10 years? He’s been in loads of TV shows right up until his announcement just 2 years ago?
Anyway, I also applaud him being so private and Wish him/ his family well.

Reactions: 9
Not sure what you mean - hasn’t been in the public eye for 10 years? He’s been in loads of TV shows right up until his announcement just 2 years ago?
Anyway, I also applaud him being so private and Wish him/ his family well.
Has he? I'm not aware he's toured and can only think of Car Share TV wise... Maybe I'm missing something?

Reactions: 1
When he put on the finale of Car Share as a live show I remember the proceeds going to a mitochondrial disease charity. My thoughts are that perhaps one of his children is ill.

I have a lot of respect for him.

He’s a brilliant comedian and that tour would have been ridiculously lucrative, he could have gone through the motions to get through it and take the money as his fan base is so loyal they wouldn’t care about a substandard performance. Or he could have sold his story for a huge sum. But he decided that time and privacy for his family was more important.

Reactions: 22
I had tickets for his show and of course disappointed when it was cancelled but it actually makes me respect him more as an entertainer. He chose to be there for his family, whatever the circumstances were behind closed doors. So many entertainers now would sell their families for a bit of fame and fortune so well done to him. If he ever does come back to live shows I would 100% support him as a fan!

Reactions: 32
Wow. You sound lovely. “Doesn’t care about his fans”, go duck yourself you selfish prick. (Don’t even care how rude that makes me sound, I mean it if you genuinely mean what you put)

Family always comes first to work. Whatever the family circumstances whether he is ill, his wife, children, whoever, he is absolutely right to put his family first. In the same way that any of us would give up work if we could afford to in order to spend more time with a seriously ill family member.

I must admit I saw a picture of him circulate on twitter, he didn’t look all that well, he had a beanie on so I thought maybe cancer treatment. But I don’t like to speculate too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
What I don’t understand is why you would buy tickets in the first place? Why line the pockets of somebody that you think doesn’t care about his fans?

Reactions: 14