Periods

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! I haven’t posted a thread before but I’m looking for some advice please. My periods have always been quite irregular but recently I’ve been going 8-10 weeks in between periods and I’m starting to worry that there’s something not right! I came off the mini pill last July, was on it for a year. I had the covid jabs, last being December 2021. I just feel like at 30 years old I should have normal periods by now! I have no children and don’t plan to have any. I don’t take contraception now apart from using condoms as I don’t want things like that in my body due to my mental health.

I spoke with my GP and I’m going for a blood test soon but was wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

Thank you in asvence

Hey!

I had the exact same issue the back end of last year. I stopped taking the pill a few years back because I tried lots of different types and.non agreed with me one way or another. I haven't had the COVID jab.

I had checks and tests and apparently absolutely nothing wrong it's just one of those things 🫤🫤 not sure how I feel about that tbh. I was offered a consultation to discuss taking some form of medication to make my periods regular again which I don't agree with at all (not obvious being unjabbed 😆😆)

My periods have in the last couple of months been a lot more regular...a few days out rather than 3/4 weeks...that's some positive!

P.s I'm 32 so in the same age range

Reactions: 1
Hi all! I haven’t posted a thread before but I’m looking for some advice please. My periods have always been quite irregular but recently I’ve been going 8-10 weeks in between periods and I’m starting to worry that there’s something not right! I came off the mini pill last July, was on it for a year. I had the covid jabs, last being December 2021. I just feel like at 30 years old I should have normal periods by now! I have no children and don’t plan to have any. I don’t take contraception now apart from using condoms as I don’t want things like that in my body due to my mental health.

I spoke with my GP and I’m going for a blood test soon but was wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

Thank you in asvence
Hi. Not quite the same set up (I’m 35 and have 4 kids) but my periods have always been irregular, 10 weeks was my longest gap. Tbh I think if you have irregular periods they probably aren’t ever going to become regular. I do know between baby 3 and 4 I was astounded that I had 3 cycles of exactly the same length (35 days), I thought things would maybe stay that way, then the next cycle was well over 60 days!

I haven’t got an explanation as to why it happens, I’m guessing for me it’s not about actual fertility being an issue, there just must be some part of me that doesn’t regulate the necessary hormones in quite the right way.

Thank you in asvence
Have you been on an off the pill a lot?

Am 30s an mines have never been regular, I was off an on the pill a ton from when I started in teens due to performing an not wanting to have it during those times, even though its been years since I've done that mines have always stayed irregular, from having them start an stop 2 days later, to being really late or really early or even missing one, I've just sorta assumed that because of the pill then it's the way it is for me, my doctor though has never seem worried so I don't let it bother me, its just more a annoyance since you can't really have a schedule with knowing when you are due

Reactions: 2
Hey!

I had the exact same issue the back end of last year. I stopped taking the pill a few years back because I tried lots of different types and.non agreed with me one way or another. I haven't had the COVID jab.

I had checks and tests and apparently absolutely nothing wrong it's just one of those things 🫤🫤 not sure how I feel about that tbh. I was offered a consultation to discuss taking some form of medication to make my periods regular again which I don't agree with at all (not obvious being unjabbed 😆😆)

My periods have in the last couple of months been a lot more regular...a few days out rather than 3/4 weeks...that's some positive!

P.s I'm 32 so in the same age range
Hi! Thank you so much for your reply.
I think the blood test will show the same to be honest! I definitely will not be taking any medication to make them regular! Funnily enough, the day after I wrote this I came on my period! I feel like maybe I just have a ten week cycle?!

Hi. Not quite the same set up (I’m 35 and have 4 kids) but my periods have always been irregular, 10 weeks was my longest gap. Tbh I think if you have irregular periods they probably aren’t ever going to become regular. I do know between baby 3 and 4 I was astounded that I had 3 cycles of exactly the same length (35 days), I thought things would maybe stay that way, then the next cycle was well over 60 days!

I haven’t got an explanation as to why it happens, I’m guessing for me it’s not about actual fertility being an issue, there just must be some part of me that doesn’t regulate the necessary hormones in quite the right way.
Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. I do think that maybe it’s just my body and something I’ll have to live with!

Have you been on an off the pill a lot?

Am 30s an mines have never been regular, I was off an on the pill a ton from when I started in teens due to performing an not wanting to have it during those times, even though its been years since I've done that mines have always stayed irregular, from having them start an stop 2 days later, to being really late or really early or even missing one, I've just sorta assumed that because of the pill then it's the way it is for me, my doctor though has never seem worried so I don't let it bother me, its just more a annoyance since you can't really have a schedule with knowing when you are due
Hi! Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve only been on the mini pill for a year July 2020-July 2021. Other than that I haven’t taken contraception since I was about 21. It is so annoying not knowing when you are due!

Hi all, any advice/cures for extreme nausea and headaches during pms? This is a recent but regular occurrence for me now and leaves me holed up at home feeling miserable and anaemic in the run up to my period. I am already on the pill, don't know if this could be a contributing factor. Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi all, any advice/cures for extreme nausea and headaches during pms? This is a recent but regular occurrence for me now and leaves me holed up at home feeling miserable and anaemic in the run up to my period. I am already on the pill, don't know if this could be a contributing factor. Thanks
I’d speak to your GP. As it’s a new thing that’s started you need to find out what’s causing it.

My doctor's were very unhelpful for period nausea and I've tried a lot of things, the best improvement I had was from removing dairy and soya from my diet which is not something anyone ever suggested to me. I believe I have food sensitivities to both which was causing immflamation which my period was exacerbating. I would ask to be checked for food allergies / sensititivities or do an elimination diet if the doctor's can't come up with any better suggestions.

Last edited:
My doctor's were very unhelpful for period nausea and I've tried a lot of things, the best improvement I had was from removing dairy and soya from my diet which is not something anyone ever suggested to me. I believe I have food sensitivities to both which was causing immflamation which my period was exacerbating. I would ask to be checked for food allergies / sensititivities or do an elimination diet if the doctor's can't come up with any better suggestions.
Exactly this, when I went they told me just to drink alot of water, rest and take paracetamol basically "its just one of those things" which is so frustrating. I will try this as much as it will sting a little removing dairy from my diet but I'm at my wits end with it and willing to try anything at this stage, I hope yours is improving

Exactly this, when I went they told me just to drink alot of water, rest and take paracetamol basically "its just one of those things" which is so frustrating. I will try this as much as it will sting a little removing dairy from my diet but I'm at my wits end with it and willing to try anything at this stage, I hope yours is improving
Could you look into alternative contraception options? If the pill is causing you to feel like this, you don’t have to just put up with it.

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve only been on the mini pill for a year July 2020-July 2021. Other than that I haven’t taken contraception since I was about 21. It is so annoying not knowing when you are due!
It could be down to that, like I say the pill can really mess you up, even if it's only been a short time, but yeah, never knowing when they are coming is the absolute worst, somtimes mood, diet an sleep can play a part with them being all over the place as well

I stay away from chocolate an caffeine as much as I can during my time, the effects of those seem to x10 for me an I get god awful headaches, it's hard cause when your feeling crap you just crave it a ton more but trying to force myself into healthy eating an more drinking seem to help, you could be quite sensitive with your diet so I'd maybe try a clean eating week during it an see if it helps

Hi I’m just looking for a bit of advice. I am only 19 but always have had regular periods up until the past few months or so. They literally used to come on the extract same date every month. Now they are so irregular I’m currently 10 days late. I’m not had any children had a miscarriage around a year ago and not currently on any contraception. I am trying to get a doctors appointment/call back about this but they’re always full for appointments every time I ring. I’m going to keep at them but in the meantime does anyone have any advice/suggestions? Thanks in advance

Hi I’m just looking for a bit of advice. I am only 19 but always have had regular periods up until the past few months or so. They literally used to come on the extract same date every month. Now they are so irregular I’m currently 10 days late. I’m not had any children had a miscarriage around a year ago and not currently on any contraception. I am trying to get a doctors appointment/call back about this but they’re always full for appointments every time I ring. I’m going to keep at them but in the meantime does anyone have any advice/suggestions? Thanks in advance
maybe in the meantime keep a diary of your period cycles and symptoms and how youre feeling on particular days eg stressed. i found glow is a great app for tracking cycles. sometimes this just happens but if it continues definitely keep trying for the doctors and ask for some blood work

try a cold flannel on your head and get up from bed or chairs slowly. i also use the sea bands and eat small plain meals no spices etc. i found ice pops are great too and ginger nuts

Has anyone tried the tablets you can get from Boots to delay your period? I sort of feel like it’s too good to be true, and I’d have heard of people using them if they were any good. I’m going on my first holiday since covid in September and I’ll likely be on the last few days of my period when I go which isn’t ideal.

On a related note, has anyone found their period delays itself when you have an event, then arrives on the day of the event, almost as if your body knows and is out to screw you over? 🤣 my cycle is always 32-35 days, averaging lower the last few months, but I’m currently on day 38 with no sign of my period - with a hen do tomorrow and my period tracker now predicting I’ll be on during my holiday when last month it was predicted to be finished days before I went. This has happened several times before with holidays, parties, graduation etc. It’s got me convinced that my brain being excited about something somehow influences my hormones!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried the tablets you can get from Boots to delay your period? I sort of feel like it’s too good to be true, and I’d have heard of people using them if they were any good. I’m going on my first holiday since covid in September and I’ll likely be on the last few days of my period when I go which isn’t ideal.

On a related note, has anyone found their period delays itself when you have an event, then arrives on the day of the event, almost as if your body knows and is out to screw you over? 🤣 my cycle is always 32-35 days, averaging lower the last few months, but I’m currently on day 38 with no sign of my period - with a hen do tomorrow and my period tracker now predicting I’ll be on during my holiday when last month it was predicted to be finished days before I went. This has happened several times before with holidays, parties, graduation etc. It’s got me convinced that my brain being excited about something somehow influences my hormones!
The tablets you mentioned are just synthetic hormones the same as what is in contraceptive pills anyway so you’d be aswell just going on the pill and running the packs back to back with no break to avoid having a period when when you don’t want to have one

Yes I have they are called norethisterone tablets. I’ve used them a couple of times when i was on holiday. You need to start taking them a few days before you are due on and then I think it’s two a day until you want your period to start. Can’t remember exactly as I haven’t used them in a year or so. But they worked very well for me delayed my period and I didn’t have any side effects. Just a normal period within about two days once I stopped taking them. I would definitely take them again if I needed to

Hi everyone. Just posting here as maybe somebody has had similar or same issue. I came off the pill at the end of January after a year and a half of being on Microlite.
My period took a while to get back to normal but since April I have had regular 28/29 day cycle. Today would be day 20 of my cycle and this morning I had brown blood. It’s quite light and has tailed off over the course of the day. I’m almost 35 and intend to start trying for a family with my partner in the next couple of months. I’ve done a pregnancy test which was negative. I have no other symptoms and didn’t have my general bloating and sore boobs like I normally would before period is due.
I have booked a doctors appointment but it’s not until the week after next. Googling has brought up fibroids/cervical cancer which I’m hoping it’s not. Has anyone been through similar?

Hi everyone. Just posting here as maybe somebody has had similar or same issue. I came off the pill at the end of January after a year and a half of being on Microlite.
My period took a while to get back to normal but since April I have had regular 28/29 day cycle. Today would be day 20 of my cycle and this morning I had brown blood. It’s quite light and has tailed off over the course of the day. I’m almost 35 and intend to start trying for a family with my partner in the next couple of months. I’ve done a pregnancy test which was negative. I have no other symptoms and didn’t have my general bloating and sore boobs like I normally would before period is due.
I have booked a doctors appointment but it’s not until the week after next. Googling has brought up fibroids/cervical cancer which I’m hoping it’s not. Has anyone been through similar?
sorry to hear this

brown blood usually means old blood so maybe a clear out in your system

sometimes i bleed after ovulation time (it can be up to day 18)