Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Millais

Chatty Member
Has anyone tried the tablets you can get from Boots to delay your period? I sort of feel like it’s too good to be true, and I’d have heard of people using them if they were any good. I’m going on my first holiday since covid in September and I’ll likely be on the last few days of my period when I go which isn’t ideal.

On a related note, has anyone found their period delays itself when you have an event, then arrives on the day of the event, almost as if your body knows and is out to screw you over? 🤣 my cycle is always 32-35 days, averaging lower the last few months, but I’m currently on day 38 with no sign of my period - with a hen do tomorrow and my period tracker now predicting I’ll be on during my holiday when last month it was predicted to be finished days before I went. This has happened several times before with holidays, parties, graduation etc. It’s got me convinced that my brain being excited about something somehow influences my hormones!

Reactions: 3

studmuffin12

Hi all, any advice/cures for extreme nausea and headaches during pms? This is a recent but regular occurrence for me now and leaves me holed up at home feeling miserable and anaemic in the run up to my period. I am already on the pill, don't know if this could be a contributing factor. Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Hi all! I haven’t posted a thread before but I’m looking for some advice please. My periods have always been quite irregular but recently I’ve been going 8-10 weeks in between periods and I’m starting to worry that there’s something not right! I came off the mini pill last July, was on it for a year. I had the covid jabs, last being December 2021. I just feel like at 30 years old I should have normal periods by now! I have no children and don’t plan to have any. I don’t take contraception now apart from using condoms as I don’t want things like that in my body due to my mental health.

I spoke with my GP and I’m going for a blood test soon but was wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

Thank you in asvence
Have you been on an off the pill a lot?

Am 30s an mines have never been regular, I was off an on the pill a ton from when I started in teens due to performing an not wanting to have it during those times, even though its been years since I've done that mines have always stayed irregular, from having them start an stop 2 days later, to being really late or really early or even missing one, I've just sorta assumed that because of the pill then it's the way it is for me, my doctor though has never seem worried so I don't let it bother me, its just more a annoyance since you can't really have a schedule with knowing when you are due

childofthe70s

VIP Member
I'm mid 40s now and have had various gynae issues over the years. However, around the age of the OP I could have periods that came every two weeks or go missing for three months (I'm asexual). They did eventually work themselves out, still hate them (they wouldn't remove my insides at 27 as "I may change my mind" on having children, even though it's less than 1%)! I also have PMDD - which trying to get a GP to refer for was hellish. Good luck everyone.

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Hi all! I haven’t posted a thread before but I’m looking for some advice please. My periods have always been quite irregular but recently I’ve been going 8-10 weeks in between periods and I’m starting to worry that there’s something not right! I came off the mini pill last July, was on it for a year. I had the covid jabs, last being December 2021. I just feel like at 30 years old I should have normal periods by now! I have no children and don’t plan to have any. I don’t take contraception now apart from using condoms as I don’t want things like that in my body due to my mental health.

I spoke with my GP and I’m going for a blood test soon but was wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

Thank you in asvence
Hi. Not quite the same set up (I’m 35 and have 4 kids) but my periods have always been irregular, 10 weeks was my longest gap. Tbh I think if you have irregular periods they probably aren’t ever going to become regular. I do know between baby 3 and 4 I was astounded that I had 3 cycles of exactly the same length (35 days), I thought things would maybe stay that way, then the next cycle was well over 60 days!

I haven’t got an explanation as to why it happens, I’m guessing for me it’s not about actual fertility being an issue, there just must be some part of me that doesn’t regulate the necessary hormones in quite the right way.

Reactions: 1
Hey!

I had the exact same issue the back end of last year. I stopped taking the pill a few years back because I tried lots of different types and.non agreed with me one way or another. I haven't had the COVID jab.

I had checks and tests and apparently absolutely nothing wrong it's just one of those things 🫤🫤 not sure how I feel about that tbh. I was offered a consultation to discuss taking some form of medication to make my periods regular again which I don't agree with at all (not obvious being unjabbed 😆😆)

My periods have in the last couple of months been a lot more regular...a few days out rather than 3/4 weeks...that's some positive!

P.s I'm 32 so in the same age range

Has anyone tried the tablets you can get from Boots to delay your period? I sort of feel like it’s too good to be true, and I’d have heard of people using them if they were any good. I’m going on my first holiday since covid in September and I’ll likely be on the last few days of my period when I go which isn’t ideal.

On a related note, has anyone found their period delays itself when you have an event, then arrives on the day of the event, almost as if your body knows and is out to screw you over? 🤣 my cycle is always 32-35 days, averaging lower the last few months, but I’m currently on day 38 with no sign of my period - with a hen do tomorrow and my period tracker now predicting I’ll be on during my holiday when last month it was predicted to be finished days before I went. This has happened several times before with holidays, parties, graduation etc. It’s got me convinced that my brain being excited about something somehow influences my hormones!
Yes I have they are called norethisterone tablets. I’ve used them a couple of times when i was on holiday. You need to start taking them a few days before you are due on and then I think it’s two a day until you want your period to start. Can’t remember exactly as I haven’t used them in a year or so. But they worked very well for me delayed my period and I didn’t have any side effects. Just a normal period within about two days once I stopped taking them. I would definitely take them again if I needed to

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Hi! Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve only been on the mini pill for a year July 2020-July 2021. Other than that I haven’t taken contraception since I was about 21. It is so annoying not knowing when you are due!
It could be down to that, like I say the pill can really mess you up, even if it's only been a short time, but yeah, never knowing when they are coming is the absolute worst, somtimes mood, diet an sleep can play a part with them being all over the place as well

Hi all, any advice/cures for extreme nausea and headaches during pms? This is a recent but regular occurrence for me now and leaves me holed up at home feeling miserable and anaemic in the run up to my period. I am already on the pill, don't know if this could be a contributing factor. Thanks
I stay away from chocolate an caffeine as much as I can during my time, the effects of those seem to x10 for me an I get god awful headaches, it's hard cause when your feeling crap you just crave it a ton more but trying to force myself into healthy eating an more drinking seem to help, you could be quite sensitive with your diet so I'd maybe try a clean eating week during it an see if it helps

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
How did you get on? I was severely anaemic earlier in the year due to horrific periods over a number of years and ended up needing an emergency blood transfusion. Hopefully they'll take your symptoms seriously before you get to that point
They’re bringing my blood test forward (I have to have them every six months) to see if my iron has dropped and go from there. I think it may be a case of me looking to have tablets for my periods.

yeoooo

Has anyone used the pill (or anything else, I’m open to all suggestions) for really bad period cramps? The night of day one going into day two I’m in agony, usually only manage to get to sleep about 3/4am when the exhaustion outweighs the pain, constantly feel like I need a poo but can’t, sweaty. This has only been the past couple of years and often on alternate periods so I’ve been putting off the GP appointment thinking it would settle down. Has anything worked for anyone? What side effects did you have? I have a history of depression and a few people I know have come off the pill because it affected their mood, so I’m a bit wary. I wouldn’t be using it for contraception so do you still need to take it at the same time (I’m not sure I’d be good at that) if it’s just for your periods?
i would recommend a GP appointment

over the counter:
iburofen and paracetamol in combination
buscopan is good
heat pads are my saviour

however have a look into symptoms of endometriosis

i would recommend a GP appointment

over the counter:
iburofen and paracetamol in combination
buscopan is good
heat pads are my saviour

however have a look into symptoms of endometriosis
just to add argos do a great electric heat pad that i cany live without

Happy35

How long did everybodies periods take to return to normal after coming off the pill?
With the mini pill my cycle just stayed regular, with the combined pill I had spotting fairly quickly but it took over a year for things to get back to a regular cycle, I had taken it for around 6 years though.

yeoooo

try a cold flannel on your head and get up from bed or chairs slowly. i also use the sea bands and eat small plain meals no spices etc. i found ice pops are great too and ginger nuts

studmuffin12

My doctor's were very unhelpful for period nausea and I've tried a lot of things, the best improvement I had was from removing dairy and soya from my diet which is not something anyone ever suggested to me. I believe I have food sensitivities to both which was causing immflamation which my period was exacerbating. I would ask to be checked for food allergies / sensititivities or do an elimination diet if the doctor's can't come up with any better suggestions.
Exactly this, when I went they told me just to drink alot of water, rest and take paracetamol basically "its just one of those things" which is so frustrating. I will try this as much as it will sting a little removing dairy from my diet but I'm at my wits end with it and willing to try anything at this stage, I hope yours is improving

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Hope people don’t mind me posting in this thread and hijacking it but I’m having a particularly rough (heavy) period that I think is causing my iron to plummet, and is making me incredibly dizzy (sometimes to the point where I think I’m going to pass out), tense and stressed. Sometimes it feels hard to catch my breath, more so in the evenings or the middle of the night. Beginning to think I’m anaemic again as I’ve had these symptoms before. I started a form of gentle iron a couple of days ago but it doesn’t seem to be helping as I’m wide awake and struggling. I’m stressing about the fight I’m going to have on my hands with the doctors tomorrow to get help.

whyhellothere83

VIP Member
Just to update the thread, I was diagnosed with PCOS a couple of months ago. It was hard to take in at first but now I’ve just got to deal with it. I never wanted children but since the diagnosis, and at age 32, I’m worried I’ll never be able to have children. I haven’t had a period since September 2022. I know people can get pregnant but it looks like it will take ages and I’ll struggle as I don’t ovulate. I’m planning to lose weight in the hope of bringing my body back to ‘normal’ but losing weight is incredibly hard.

OmgObsessed

I forgot how much periods feel like Russian roulette even when you're tracking it. Will it come tonight? Will it come in the middle of the day? How heavy are we this time?

37BBL

VIP Member
Not sure this is the correct place to post but I'll give it a go. I was due on, a week and 2 days ago and still haven't started. I did a pregnancy test yesterday which was a clear as day negative. I'm usually really regular 28-30 days so I'm baffled why I am so late.
Husband has convinced himself I am pregnant, but the test was so clearly negative. Its not like I tested on the day I was due either, so surely any hormone would be strong enough to detect a week late.
I'm going to do another test tomorrow, it was a pack of two so I may aswell, if I haven't come on by then.
Has anyone ever had this? I've never been late before. I'm 34 and have two children, since my youngest was born (she's 7) periods have been awfully heavy, but regular.

LucyJade1994

Hello everyone I’m new here! I’m due to start my period in 2 days and today I’ve had light brown blood and it smells a bit. I’ve never had this before and I’ve not had sex recently. Is this normal? My friend said it’s just old blood and it’s normal. Anyone else get this or had this? Thanks 😊