Peloton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking to hit the order button but one big question... bike or bike+? Is is worth the cost difference?
I went for the bike as it was quite a big difference. I’ll have headphones in so the upgraded speakers don’t bother me. You can buy an attachment from a separate company that allows you to swivel the screen which was the thing I’d really want, so I’ll order that when the bike arrives. The auto resistance sounds good but I also know it might put me off if I can’t match what it says I should be doing, I’m used to spin bikes and adjusting my own anyway. And I’m not an Apple Watch fan so that doesn’t bother me. You can upgrade from the bike to the bike+ within the 30 days if you get the bike then decide you want an upgrade. They’ll let you keep the bike until the + arrives.

Reactions: 2
Ah I pretty much only do rides with 2 of the UK instructors Ben or Hannah F, their music is the best and they don't talk excessively like most of the American ones do! Ben is quite endearing as he always fluffs his words lol but his strength classes are great too. And Hannah is just brilliant, motivating without being cheesy.
Me too, I mainly do classes from the Brits too, always Sam but I like the others too. Although Ben did recently say “Your best self is calling, it’s time to pick up that phone” 🤮🤮🤣🤣

• Haha
Looking to hit the order button but one big question... bike or bike+? Is is worth the cost difference?
I went with the bike because it’s expensive enough and the auto resistance isn’t a big enough deal for me. I bought a swivel for the screen from top form design which is 100% worth it for strength and bootcamps in my opinion, I think it was only 60 quid so im happy with my decision!

Reactions: 1
Bike arrived! Sad it wasn’t in a Peloton branded van though 😂 my shoes are too big which was a bit of an anti-climax so they’re on the way back and I had a go wearing my other half’s shoes. Impressed so far, stacking up the classes as we speak

Reactions: 6
Bike arrived! Sad it wasn’t in a Peloton branded van though 😂 my shoes are too big which was a bit of an anti-climax so they’re on the way back and I had a go wearing my other half’s shoes. Impressed so far, stacking up the classes as we speak
Enjoy! And remember your bum WILL get used to it! 🤣

I told myself I’d have a day off today to enjoy having clean hair for once but I’m already eyeing it up. Want to try the arm and interval classes 👀

What have you picked for your first classes?
I’m going to have go at a few different ones, I like dance music to exercise to so will go for them and then when my shoes arrive I’m going to do the power zones course. Not really bothered about the beginners course although I’ll probably regret saying that!

I’ve ordered. Countdown is on, bloody long one 8 weeks to go.
You can try to reschedule, as long as it’s being delivered by Peloton. I tried but couldn’t get anything earlier but some people have managed to get delivery reduced to a couple of weeks

So I done Bradley’s 20 min pop ride from this morning. I PBd but Jesus Christ he is annoying. He actually said yeah baby! In a serious manner. And kept shouting out people on totally random numbers like “CONGRATS ....... on your 263rd ride today!” 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️
And his laugh, just no.

Me too, I mainly do classes from the Brits too, always Sam but I like the others too. Although Ben did recently say “Your best self is calling, it’s time to pick up that phone” 🤮🤮🤣🤣
Sam seems lovely but I can never get on with the music in his classes, no matter what genre so I've had to leave some of his rides halfway in which is annoying!

I joined the UK facebook group but my god I'm going to have to hide it. I forgot how irritating people on fb are!
"WHY HAVE THEY DONE A COLLECTION WITH ADIDAS I DON'T LIKE ADIDAS"
soz they didn't ask for your permission Steve xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I joined the UK facebook group but my god I'm going to have to hide it. I forgot how irritating people on fb are!
"WHY HAVE THEY DONE A COLLECTION WITH ADIDAS I DON'T LIKE ADIDAS"
soz they didn't ask for your permission Steve xoxo
The US one is even more obnoxious. “WHY WONT PELOTON HURRY UP WITH DELIVERING MY SECOND BIKE TO MY SECOND HOME.” 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s like a cult on there....and don’t start me on the person that set up the Bradley page on Facebook, to talk about how amazing he is...he’s a Spin instructor ffs, a virtual one at that.

I joined a Facebook group where they had set up a stack of 10 classes to do at 9am on a Saturday morning and loads of them were joining it...I thought that seemed a bit culty 🥴 the total stack was 1 hour 40 minutes long! That seems like a very long time to spin.

Reactions: 3
I joined a Facebook group where they had set up a stack of 10 classes to do at 9am on a Saturday morning and loads of them were joining it...I thought that seemed a bit culty 🥴 the total stack was 1 hour 40 minutes long! That seems like a very long time to spin.
My thoughts are if you work hard enough in the one you choose why would you need to do longer? I'd pass out from dehydration all the sweat and salt lost!

honestly duck that 😂😂

• Heart
My thoughts are if you work hard enough in the one you choose why would you need to do longer? I'd pass out from dehydration all the sweat and salt lost!
Exactly my thinking, some of them were climbs as well - I did one of Ben’s 10 min climbs yesterday and I was absolutely dead after it (had also done a 30 min pop class before) I feel like for most people to be able to get through 1 hour 40 you must not be working very hard at all? I’d rather do a really hard 45 min and leave it there 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m blowing out of my area after 30 mins...I might stick an arms or a cool down on there but that’ll be my limit. I used to be a massive Barry’s Bootcamp fan and one of the trainers said he never wanted to see people doing 2 classes in a row because to him it meant you hadn’t given it your all in the first one as you were keeping something back so you’d have energy for the second. I’ve stuck with that ever since, or maybe I’m just really unfit 😂
Tried a class with Cody this morning, loved him so going to bookmark a few more of his

If it was purely 1.40 of spin I would dieee but if it was like a 10 min warm up stretch, 10 min warm up ride, 30 min ride, 10 min cool down and then some weights...
No actually duck that 1 hour is my max in one session, 20 or 30 min cardio and then 30 or 40 weights, maybe tag on a 5 min hamstring specific yoga if they're being tight little witches on me haha