Peloton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve borrowed an old (and crap) spin bike until my Peloton arrives so that I can try some of the classes. I’m loving it, did a 45 min one with Olivia yesterday and then just finished a Robyn boot camp one. This is going to be addictive and will be so much better on a decent bike.

I used to go to so many spin classes pre lockdown but having not been for so long all I can say is ouch 🍑

Reactions: 4
I’ve borrowed an old (and crap) spin bike until my Peloton arrives so that I can try some of the classes. I’m loving it, did a 45 min one with Olivia yesterday and then just finished a Robyn boot camp one. This is going to be addictive and will be so much better on a decent bike.

I used to go to so many spin classes pre lockdown but having not been for so long all I can say is ouch 🍑
I can’t believe how much harder the peloton is to a normal spin bike....either that or I’ve been cheating myself all these years 😂

Reactions: 5
How many days a week does everyone have off? I keep planning to have a rest day but then I don't want to break my streak :/ seems a bit counterintuitive that they say to have one rest and one recovery a week but then there's these streak badges. I'm seeing people in the Facebook groups saying they've got 200 day streaks etc. Idk it seems a bit unhealthy. I'm already feeling like if I don't use it today I'll feel bad.

How many days a week does everyone have off? I keep planning to have a rest day but then I don't want to break my streak :/ seems a bit counterintuitive that they say to have one rest and one recovery a week but then there's these streak badges. I'm seeing people in the Facebook groups saying they've got 200 day streaks etc. Idk it seems a bit unhealthy. I'm already feeling like if I don't use it today I'll feel bad.
I have one or two days off per week. Most people with the long streaks won’t have actually cycled every day, you keep your streak doing anything - even a mediation or stretch.

Reactions: 1
I've got a streak going but on my rest days (two per week) I'll do a meditation, yoga or a stretch :)
The sea of blue dots is so pleasing to me haha

Reactions: 2
I also tend to use the outdoor walk feature when I'm going on my daily walk - just the fun walk ones no power walks! So that keeps my streak going too

I got my 60 day streak today woo! Literally on it 6 days a week and on my day off I play a 5 minute meditation 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes I love keeping my streak too and probably have 2 or 3 rest days a week.
I’m guilty of stacking classes (more like 5 rather than 10) and I like the ones on the PCUK page so 5 min warm up, 20 then 30 then 20 the 5 cool down. It gives me the chance to not go all out like I do if only doing a 30 and to try out instructors I don’t choose often.
altho I won’t be choosing Bradley again until he has calmed down....

I have one or two days off per week. Most people with the long streaks won’t have actually cycled every day, you keep your streak doing anything - even a mediation or stretch.
Ahhh I didn't realise that! I was thinking how can people be spinning every single day for so long. I haven't tried the stretching yet although I want to. Is the meditation a bit happy clappy? It doesn't really sound like my kinda thing but I may give it a go.

Ahhh I didn't realise that! I was thinking how can people be spinning every single day for so long. I haven't tried the stretching yet although I want to. Is the meditation a bit happy clappy? It doesn't really sound like my kinda thing but I may give it a go.
No its quite cute really! Only done a few and the ones I did were just like focus on your breathing

No its quite cute really! Only done a few and the ones I did were just like focus on your breathing
Ok I will give one a go! I don't really like yoga etc and I thought given some of the instructors are a bit OTT when spinning with the empowerment talk (you know like 'you can do anything, you showed up today' etc etc) it might be a bit much for me 🤭
I don't think I've even touched the sides of the content on there yet though, it seems like unbelievable value tbh. There is no way I would do this much exercise at the gym, there's something so convenient about going down to the front room to exercise. Takes 2 mins to get ready and doesn't matter if you look like some kind of dungeon dwelling goblin because nobody can see you! Loving it.

Ok I will give one a go! I don't really like yoga etc and I thought given some of the instructors are a bit OTT when spinning with the empowerment talk (you know like 'you can do anything, you showed up today' etc etc) it might be a bit much for me 🤭
I don't think I've even touched the sides of the content on there yet though, it seems like unbelievable value tbh. There is no way I would do this much exercise at the gym, there's something so convenient about going down to the front room to exercise. Takes 2 mins to get ready and doesn't matter if you look like some kind of dungeon dwelling goblin because nobody can see you! Loving it.
Yeah same! I've had better results in 3 months with peloton than I did going the gym for years.
My personal faves are
Matty, selina, Olivia and Andy for strength - Andy ultimate fave because of his cheesy dad jokes and how he explains every move so in depth
Kendal, Olivia and Cody for spin - kendal is a love hate relationship but she says that on the bike "hate me now, love me later", and Cody because he's such a cutie, he makes me laugh and his classes fly by! And Olivia is just a tiny demon. I like jess King too but she's a tiny bit too mother earth for me and it makes me cringe a bit
The 5/10 minute focus flows are good, I really suffer with tight quads/hammys/glutes/hips and the flows are so painful, but in a good way and I've loosened up quite a bit after doing them

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah same! I've had better results in 3 months with peloton than I did going the gym for years.
My personal faves are
Matty, selina, Olivia and Andy for strength - Andy ultimate fave because of his cheesy dad jokes and how he explains every move so in depth
Kendal, Olivia and Cody for spin - kendal is a love hate relationship but she says that on the bike "hate me now, love me later", and Cody because he's such a cutie, he makes me laugh and his classes fly by! And Olivia is just a tiny demon. I like jess King too but she's a tiny bit too mother earth for me and it makes me cringe a bit
The 5/10 minute focus flows are good, I really suffer with tight quads/hammys/glutes/hips and the flows are so painful, but in a good way and I've loosened up quite a bit after doing them
I never do Kendall, Olivia or Jen or Jess- I really should branch out more but I do 75% Sam rides as I like his calm style.

I never do Kendall, Olivia or Jen or Jess- I really should branch out more but I do 75% Sam rides as I like his calm style.

Attachments

ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED QUID!!!!!!!!

is the one a typo. Or are you all drug dealers 😳
no judgement, adopt me please.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Hahahaha!
Personally I just use the digital app and a moderately priced spin bike, but it is making me want to buy the tread 👀 if my June holiday gets cancelled me and my fiance have decided that's what we'll spend the refund on

Hahahaha!
Personally I just use the digital app and a moderately priced spin bike, but it is making me want to buy the tread 👀 if my June holiday gets cancelled me and my fiance have decided that's what we'll spend the refund on
still open for adoption so’s you know 😐

• Heart

It seems ludicrous but I think it also depends on how much you spend on your gym membership usually tbh. Between the two of us, the bike finance and the shared app comes to £60 each a month, which is less than you'd pay for a higher end gym