Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
It feels like months of being inundated with ads for this. Finally looked it up and can't believe it's so much to buy the equipment and then subscribe to it every month.

I get that it being connected is motivational, but you're paying for a live class with thousands of people at the same time for the price of an average gym memebership that includes so much more. Am I missing something or is it another overpriced fad?

I get that they're probably targeting those with a large disposable income and wanting to make it exclusive, but still.

Reactions: 33

instaclowns

VIP Member
Anyone else think it’s a bit pathetic and quite sad that fully grown ass adults think they own the instructor and are their best friend if they’re a fan page group admin? Some of these people are absolutely embarrassing, don’t get me started on that woman Milly who tags every instructor in every thing she does. Make a coffee, tag an instructor. Go shopping, tag an instructor… 🤢 like get a grip! Heard a few people say she’s weird and she goes from group to group because she gets excluded from things with her annoying behaviour.

My husband and I love the bike and have both visited the studio once but those with this obsession are really embarrassing themselves on the internet and clearly don’t have anything in their lives

Reactions: 13

creme.egg92

Probably great if you could afford it but you can buy a really decent gym quality spin bike for cheaper and there are spin classes on YouTube. I don’t know if you can still use the peloton if you cancel the subscription 🤷‍♀️Think you’d have to really really really love indoor cycling to buy one 😬
My friend has a Peloton and because the screen is built in, if you cancel the subscription I don't think the screen works anymore. You could put the bike in front of your TV and use a Youtube video I guess but then it really is just a very expensive bike.

We've just ordered an Apex Ride - quite a bit cheaper (but still pricey) no in-built screen, you just use your iPad or whatever so you don't have to have the subscription necessarily. It is worth it for us as we try to spin a lot but it's increasingly difficult to get on the classes now the gyms are opening, plus they offer a better range of length than the ones at my gym. So the gym has 45mins/one hour, sometimes I don't have time and the Apex has shorter classes like 20 mins which I can almost always fit in. Given we're facing another lockdown potentially I am glad we ordered it. With home spin bikes, I've tried a few cheaper ones and you get what you pay for tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
I did an in person ride with Leanne at the end of last summer, she must have just had the diagnosis, she was just the loveliest person with time for everyone, amazing given what she was going through, you could tell all the staff in the studio adored her too, I’m so gutted for her having to deal with this, puts life into perspective

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
I'm so excited to be getting a peloton bike tomorrow! My neighbour is selling me theirs for £500. I've been using the app since march and using various other spin bikes at the work gym so I'm looking forward to having the full experience and stats.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Ladybird90

I am with you! I joined a few groups, and omg wanted to strangle everyone
I've hidden peloton UK ladies but just snooped and it's all NON PELOTON RELATED who even cares
The hard-core on the floor and sweaxy strong groups are the only ones I tolerate
I've just stumbled across this Peloton thread and oh my god the UK Ladies group annoys me.

Bragging about their £1mil+ houses, asking which resort to book in The Seychelles for their third holiday of the year, private school woes, complaining about tenants in one of their let houses. Someone posted earlier today they had managed to ship their bike to their villa in Ibiza which they rent out, everyone replied asking for a link etc, most of their posts come across as self promoting in one way or another.

When I first joined it was a lovely group and I'm sure it's still very supportive, I just feel like I don't fit in anymore. I believe they have even created a Peloton Ladies sub group for challenges and workouts as the main group is just all non-peloton related.

Reactions: 11

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
The Roses Rebel's group are getting Bradley and his wife an afternoon tea at the Ritz for his birthday 🙄
It’s not even for his birthday, it’s to celebrate them all ‘taking over’ one of his rides in August! His birthday they are planning something much bigger

I just want to reply saying you do know that he is paid to teach, he doesn’t do it just for the love of you, he’s not your mate and her certainly doesn’t want to crack you open like a conker or whatever it was they were creaming their saddles over this week 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

coleywoley

I have one, I absolutely love it. It’s absolutely not about status or “look at me, I can afford it” as mentioned above :rolleyes:. Hardly anyone even knows I have one, and I use it every day.

Vixen88

VIP Member
I can see people being disappointed with the app doubling in price for them, but as a bike owner paying £39 after buying an expensive bike, I always thought the app vs the all access price seemed back to front.

Sw4

VIP Member
I have a Peloton and absolutely love it. I agree it is expensive compared to others, but you can do interest free payments of 50 quid for 39 months for the bike (total 1950) plus the 39 quid for the app. Comes to just under 90 quid a month but split between me and my husband that's 45 each which is a reasonable gym membership price IMO. Also this isn't just for a spin class... More on this later.

Now I am never the type to go for luxury brands or status symbols. I don't even own a designer bag or watch, can't understand why people would spend hundreds on shoes. Hate those who measure their own worth and others by how much designer shit they own.

But the Peloton really does seem to be a cut above the rest. We did SO much research-believe me my husband spent ages watching YouTube videos and reviews etc as did I. We almost went for the wattbike or nordic track instead and were going to just use the Peloton app (which is only 12.99 without the bike).

However I have never ever treated myself to anything premium or 'top of the range' before and after speaking to a couple of people who have the Peloton we just went for it. Initially its a 30 day trial anyway so if you decide its not worth it you can send the bike back.

I don't regret it at all. Firstly the bike looks amazing, it's so sleek and streamlined. Stream quality is amazing. The bike just feels good, much better than any spin bike I have been on, and I've been on a lot! But also the class quality is amazing, there's so many different instructors and class types to suit everyone. Plus if you used this app on another bike you wouldn't get the metrics show up on screen which is personally what pushes me to go further and improve upon every time I ride. It also shows you on a leader board against every other person in the world who has done that particular ride so its good for friendly competition etc.

Also the app isn't just spin classes. There's yoga, strength, cardio, running, bootcamp, stretching and they've just introduced barre (I'm hoping pilates is next!) Also bike bootcamp which is where you spend part of a class on the bike and part of the class in the floor with weights. Again all really good quality classes with decent music. If you have a few weights and a mat at home you're all set. Les Mills pales in comparison, I found this app horrendously cheesy, outdated and most of the music is awful cover songs.

Finally there's also a massive 'Peloton community' which isn't really my thing but there's Facebook groups and forums you can join where you all decide to ride together at a certain time etc. Plus lots of support, people have made friendships etc.

I must just sound like I work for Peloton but I genuinely love it and it's been worth it for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Caw1982

VIP Member
I am with you! I joined a few groups, and omg wanted to strangle everyone
I've hidden peloton UK ladies but just snooped and it's all NON PELOTON RELATED who even cares
The hard-core on the floor and sweaxy strong groups are the only ones I tolerate
Errrrr quick question ladies.
Which Maldives villa should I do this week? Then I need to organise a corporate day. Kanye or Jayze huns?
Oh fuck offffffffff 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

TaylorMomsen

Chatty Member
I joined the UK facebook group but my god I'm going to have to hide it. I forgot how irritating people on fb are!
"WHY HAVE THEY DONE A COLLECTION WITH ADIDAS I DON'T LIKE ADIDAS"
soz they didn't ask for your permission Steve xoxo

• Haha

Gembo

VIP Member
Probably great if you could afford it but you can buy a really decent gym quality spin bike for cheaper and there are spin classes on YouTube. I don’t know if you can still use the peloton if you cancel the subscription 🤷‍♀️Think you’d have to really really really love indoor cycling to buy one 😬

kcab0231

Chatty Member
I've just stumbled across this Peloton thread and oh my god the UK Ladies group annoys me.

Bragging about their £1mil+ houses, asking which resort to book in The Seychelles for their third holiday of the year, private school woes, complaining about tenants in one of their let houses. Someone posted earlier today they had managed to ship their bike to their villa in Ibiza which they rent out, everyone replied asking for a link etc, most of their posts come across as self promoting in one way or another.

When I first joined it was a lovely group and I'm sure it's still very supportive, I just feel like I don't fit in anymore. I believe they have even created a Peloton Ladies sub group for challenges and workouts as the main group is just all non-peloton related.
glad it’s not just me that thinks like this - the Braggy “NPR” posts were ridiculous so I left the group - I thought I havenothing in common with the majority of people in this group apart from Having the peloton!

I remember wanting to post one day - is there a working class ladies of peloton group I could join 🤣

• Haha

openbook1

VIP Member
My mum bought a peloton and LOVES it. She said for her it is well worth the money. She is immunocompromised so sees no return to the gym.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Cloak

VIP Member
My bike comes tomorrow OMG I am so excited! 😂 it was totally inspired by this thread. I love spin classes and have really missed them. It’s the only exercise I have ever actually enjoyed, I’m such a music-based exerciser!

I’d love to know of anyone’s favourite euphoric rides, that have really amazing building music? I’m definitely going to try the pop stuff but I do love house music which I’ve heard is less prevalent.

Does anyone use their own music while following a class?

• Heart
Reactions: 8