Pedophilia ring on Youtube

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There should be some kind of way to make it illegal for a parent to have their children’s on the internet, I would petition for that!

Reactions: 5
All this paedophiles out there, knowing everything there is to know about those children, from what they like to eat, play with, their sleeping schedule, the school they go too and their address, all out there in the wait for them to be groomed.....well done parents, well done, I hope the money you make is worth it!
Ugh yes 'Hallo Darcey I know your Mummy Louise. And her best friend Esther. How's little Pearl? I heard from Mummy that she is teething. How was your trip to Disney? Mummy said it was you and she went and Pearl stayed with Liam'. Seriously how can parents be so bloody blind and greedy? Plus the little snippets about Darcey being upset by her school friends. So much info. Idiots.

Reactions: 4
I have no doubt that the likes of Jonathan Saconne many family vloggers knew this was happening way before that video came out.

YouTubers like the Ballinger family need to shut up. Yes your child is only doing gymnastics but people are using those videos for sexual gratification and they are worried about being demonized?

As far as I'm concerned these vlogging families are complicit. They may aswell sell their kids to the highest bidder if they don't want to go out to work.

They all need to find some morals but money talks...

Seriously disgusted in these family vloggers reactions.

Last edited:
I agree tbh. They just can't give informed consent. Even Louise will say 'Darcey do you want to be filmed?' 'Yes'. As if she can possibly understand the implications. Maybe if she added 'this will be with you for years. Everyone you come into contact with in the future will look at this and know everything about you. You have in effect given up any normal rights to any privacy. Strangers will know intimate details about your life. Now. Do you want to be filmed?'. In not many years time I think we'll look back at this family vlogging and be horrified. I think parents who do it are insane. Actually makes me sad to see Darcey filmed - she seems a very trusting lovely little girl. Stopped watching for those reasons amongst others.
I agree, it's not enough for parents to simply ask the children for their permission as their immature, undeveloped minds cannot, by any possible stretch of the imagination, be expected to make an informed choice....but for what it's worth, Louise is the only vlogger I can ever personally recall asking that sort of question of their child. Mind you, if you do ask your child you are surely acknowledging that there are issues (around sharing your kids with the world) but then you're going ahead anyway, given their nod. Not at all a pleasant business and I hope things do change for the better.

Reactions: 2
Just watched the inghams and they repeatedly showed Isla sliding down a slide with her crotch showing (she did have tights on) I would never share that with family never mind the internet.

Just watched the inghams and they repeatedly showed Isla sliding down a slide with her crotch showing (she did have tights on) I would never share that with family never mind the internet.
The title again 6 YEAR OLD then open mouthed Issy. It's like he hands it to the undesirables on a plate.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
The title again 6 YEAR OLD then open mouthed Issy. It's like he hands it to the undesirables on a plate.
Maybe I'm wrong for saying this but we all know what he is like, maybe he has friends who are like him? Hence these sort of videos with the title ect?

I agree tbh. They just can't give informed consent. Even Louise will say 'Darcey do you want to be filmed?' 'Yes'. As if she can possibly understand the implications. Maybe if she added 'this will be with you for years. Everyone you come into contact with in the future will look at this and know everything about you. You have in effect given up any normal rights to any privacy. Strangers will know intimate details about your life. Now. Do you want to be filmed?'. In not many years time I think we'll look back at this family vlogging and be horrified. I think parents who do it are insane. Actually makes me sad to see Darcey filmed - she seems a very trusting lovely little girl. Stopped watching for those reasons amongst others.
This is a great point. And while I agree, just thought I'd throw in something to ponder about: could it be argued that the same issues apply for child actors on tv? And if so, should children not be shown to the public on tv? To the latter I'd say of course not. Did the Olsen twins or Macaulay Culkin understand the terms of their contracts? No. Yet many people love Full House, Home Alone is a classic. We are okay with child actors because there are regulations in place to protect them. That is the difference. So maybe it's more fair to say that instead of family vlogging being illegal, family vloggers should have strict regulations to follow (examples: the children can only be filmed for a certain amount of time per week which would eradicate daily vlogging, they must be fully clothed, and comments should be approved before publicly viewable - yes, that means parents will need to filter them themselves, hire an assistant, or opt to keep comments off). Just some things to think about.

There should be some kind of way to make it illegal for a parent to have their children’s on the internet, I would petition for that!
Should it have been illegal for Hilary Duff to be Lizzie McGuire, Miley Cyrus to be Hannah Montana, Miranda Cosgrove to be iCarly etc? Millions of viewers, similarly to kids on Youtube.

Last edited:
This is a great point. And while I agree, just thought I'd throw in something to ponder about: could it be argued that the same issues apply for child actors on tv? And if so, should children not be shown to the public on tv? To the latter I'd say of course not. Did the Olsen twins or Macaulay Culkin understand the terms of their contracts? No. Yet many people love Full House, Home Alone is a classic. We are okay with child actors because there are regulations in place to protect them. That is the difference. So maybe it's more fair to say that instead of family vlogging being illegal, family vloggers should have strict regulations to follow (examples: the children can only be filmed for a certain amount of time per week which would eradicate daily vlogging, they must be fully clothed, and comments should be approved before publicly viewable - yes, that means parents will need to filter them themselves, hire an assistant, or opt to keep comments off). Just some things to think about.

Should it have been illegal for Hilary Duff to be Lizzie McGuire, Miley Cyrus to be Hannah Montana, Miranda Cosgrove to be iCarly etc? Millions of viewers, similarly to kids on Youtube.
100% spot on, this conversation has already happened in the entertainment industry and while it may not work perfectly it’s a step forward and better than the non existent safeguarding that’s currently in place for family vloggers. The whole filming every moment of their lives and broadcasting it to strangers is very weird

Reactions: 3
They don’t seem to care??‍♀

• Angry
Reactions: 1

This is true. I don't have an issue with child actors per say (more Hollywood. Not sure if anyone has seen it, but there's a documentary called 'An Open Secret' which focuses on kids and their parents being groomed by people in Hollywood), and also parents pushing their kids into it/sponging off of them like Macaulay, Lindsay Lohan's parents etc. I would have less of an issue with family vlogging if, like you said, there were regulations in place and it wasn't just parents being greedy or kids not getting a financial share for the future. Also if there was less stuff that seems specifically aimed at pedos like the pool parties, bathtime fun etc, and if parents were more careful with what they share. (So many seem to just be fine to share photos of their children nude and think its fine because their parts are covered).

It just baffles me how there's no rules...I think child actors in the UK are quite protected, and have been able to live relatively normal lives (for example, Rupert Grint seems to just do indie movies now and keep a low profile) due to not being in that Hollywood bubble, so you'd think they'd notice people registering businesses for their Youtube vlogging and think hmm, maybe we should have rules for this.

Reactions: 2

YouTube bans comments on all videos of children

YouTube said its new policy meant videos of very young children would automatically have the comments section disabled.
A small number of YouTube content creators will be allowed to enable comments on videos featuring children.

These channels will be trusted partners such as family video-bloggers or known YouTube stars.

However, they will be required to actively moderate their comments and demonstrate that their videos carry a low risk of attracting predatory comments.