Peachy_lifee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Medical reasons will be associated to her weight. People of that size tend to have complications and usually smaller babies as they are unhealthy.
Have a day off. You are literally what gives tattle a bad name with your sweeping statements and assumptions that her baby will small and she has medical problems. Imagine if something happened and she saw this? Thinking it’s her fault the baby is small because she’s big.

Reactions: 18
My eldest child was really small (under 6lbs at 38 weeks) I am a 'healthy' weight I had a routine scan to check if baby was breech and induced a week later due to poor growth. Sometimes pregnancy just has complications and there is no reason for it.
No one would ever tell me I wasnt the right weight to have a baby, so I feel it's not ok to do the same to heavier mother's.

In my line of work I see mother's of all shapes and sizes and seen some 'unhealthy weight' mother's give birth to healthy babies.

Reactions: 9
Medical reasons will be associated to her weight. People of that size tend to have complications and usually smaller babies as they are unhealthy.
Wow judgemental or what!! Higher BMI does mean increased risk of but any woman of any size can have gestational diabetes for example and have 'complications'.

Reactions: 6
I was 5.5lbs born at 41 weeks. My mum was a very healthy size 12. There is literally no correlation.

Yes it is possibly more risky but stop putting sweeping statements because she ‘is that size’.

Reactions: 4
Has she been induced? Can’t believe she’s being fat shamed. There can be many complications of pregnancy and labour, some weight related, the majority not.

Reactions: 6
Has she been induced? Can’t believe she’s being fat shamed. There can be many complications of pregnancy and labour, some weight related, the majority not.
No I don’t think so. In earlier posts she said she started maternity leave early because they’d expected to index’s her early because of low fluid around baby. But all seems ok now so they’d decided not to 🙂

Reactions: 1
No I don’t think so. In earlier posts she said she started maternity leave early because they’d expected to index’s her early because of low fluid around baby. But all seems ok now so they’d decided not to 🙂
That's good news. Hopefully all goes well.

@Gill275 go and give your head a massive wobble hun fat shaming a pregnant woman? Really? maybe go and educate yourself on a few things about pregnancy 🤰 anyone of any weight can have issues when pregnant #fact so let’s not take away from the fact that as a woman it’s the most amazing and fulfilling thing that you can do and I think she is bloody fab and I cannot wait to hear of the baby’s arrival

Reactions: 8
Ah that’s good news! Hopefully she can enjoy the last few weeks!

She’s not being fat shamed because she’s pregnant. She’s large pre pregnancy and during pregnancy. It’s just a fact.
it also is a fact fat people have more risks of complications and smaller babies. She’s consultant led because of her weight.The NHS don’t throw resources at fat people who are pregnant for no reason 🙄

Reactions: 4
She’s not being fat shamed because she’s pregnant. She’s large pre pregnancy and during pregnancy. It’s just a fact.
it also is a fact fat people have more risks of complications and smaller babies. She’s consultant led because of her weight.The NHS don’t throw resources at fat people who are pregnant for no reason 🙄
I was consultant led due to my mental health. Did my kids have a bad start being born to an unhealthy mother?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Have you read her medical records?! At her age and size she *may* not have any weight related issues (yet). The NHS classes mums over the age of 32 as geriatric mothers so I’d say some of their polices are outdated. She could be consultant led for many reasons. In fact, weight would probably be the last reason unless she had other health related issues. The BMI guidelines would have a huge %of Mother’s classified as obese and they would not be able to offer every single one of them consultant led care.

Reactions: 10
Weight stigma is a huge issue in the NHS. You seem to be displaying some of that.

Reactions: 8
Agree with you 👍🏻

I’m fat. I had a perfect pregnancy and my baby was 7lb 10. My friend had nothing but complications with hers, baby was small, didn’t come out for a week or so. She’s about 11 stone.

Reactions: 3
Have you read her medical records?! At her age and size she *may* not have any weight related issues (yet). The NHS classes mums over the age of 32 as geriatric mothers so I’d say some of their polices are outdated. She could be consultant led for many reasons. In fact, weight would probably be the last reason unless she had other health related issues. The BMI guidelines would have a huge %of Mother’s classified as obese and they would not be able to offer every single one of them consultant led care.
geriatric isn’t over 32. I’ve just had a baby so aware of a lot of things being discussed. She’s consultant led cause her BMI will be high. It’s automatic. As for people saying they had a bigger baby when fat- that’s great but it’s not the norm. If it was- why would they automatically make you consultant led if your BMI is high?
Not sure what ‘weight stigma’ is? She’s fat. I’m not sure why that’s being debated? It’s not difficult to see or really a point of contention. I think she admits it herself. I recon she’s got a very high BMI from the height/ size ratio and that does lead to consultant led as it’s a risk factor. She also said she was consultant led from the start so it’s not been a complication which has arisen further on.
Didn’t say she was a terrible mother either or that anyone who is consultant led is. She appears to be a fab mum so far! That’s not a debate

Reactions: 7
geriatric isn’t over 32. I’ve just had a baby so aware of a lot of things being discussed. She’s consultant led cause her BMI will be high. It’s automatic. As for people saying they had a bigger baby when fat- that’s great but it’s not the norm. If it was- why would they automatically make you consultant led if your BMI is high?
Not sure what ‘weight stigma’ is? She’s fat. I’m not sure why that’s being debated? It’s not difficult to see or really a point of contention. I think she admits it herself. I recon she’s got a very high BMI from the height/ size ratio and that does lead to consultant led as it’s a risk factor. She also said she was consultant led from the start so it’s not been a complication which has arisen further on.
Didn’t say she was a terrible mother either or that anyone who is consultant led is. She appears to be a fab mum so far! That’s not a debate
What you said was “I feel so sorry for her- they were talking about bringing baby out early. Most likely cause of her size. It’s not a good start for a child to be carried by such an unhealthy mother. Bets the wee is pretty small” which quite frankly is an awful thing to say “it’s not a good start for a child to be carried by such an unhealthy mother” - let’s face it she’s not injecting crack so there are much worse ways to start a child’s life. Nobody is denying she’s overweight HOWEVER there’s absolutely no need to make such judgements, you don’t know her reason for being overweight, if you don’t know her personally then keep your pity to yourself. As I previously said if something god forbid happened to that baby and she ever read your comment if I were you I’d be ashamed of myself, she’s obviously done what she can to look after the baby throughout pregnancy so leave it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9