Peachy_lifee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What you said was “I feel so sorry for her- they were talking about bringing baby out early. Most likely cause of her size. It’s not a good start for a child to be carried by such an unhealthy mother. Bets the wee is pretty small” which quite frankly is an awful thing to say “it’s not a good start for a child to be carried by such an unhealthy mother” - let’s face it she’s not injecting crack so there are much worse ways to start a child’s life. Nobody is denying she’s overweight HOWEVER there’s absolutely no need to make such judgements, you don’t know her reason for being overweight, if you don’t know her personally then keep your pity to yourself. As I previously said if something god forbid happened to that baby and she ever read your comment if I were you I’d be ashamed of myself, she’s obviously done what she can to look after the baby throughout pregnancy so leave it out.
Totally disagree with you. My view is you should do the best you can do for a baby you are bringing in to the world which includes many things she is doing but also includes not increasing health risks to the child by your own weight. The reason she’s overweight is she eats too much and moves too little- the reason most people are overweight. I’m not ashamed of that statement or thought at all. I’d be more ashamed risking the health of my unborn child. We can agree to disagree but I don’t need to be told I can’t have an opinion and you won’t shame me in to thinking differently.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Totally disagree with you. My view is you should do the best you can do for a baby you are bringing in to the world which includes many things she is doing but also includes not increasing health risks to the child by your own weight. The reason she’s overweight is she eats too much and moves too little- the reason most people are overweight. I’m not ashamed of that statement or thought at all. I’d be more ashamed risking the health of my unborn child. We can agree to disagree but I don’t need to be told I can’t have an opinion and you won’t shame me in to thinking differently.
Ew. Just. Ew.

Reactions: 10
You don’t know the reasons to why she is overweight, none of us do. She could have a medical issue that she hasn’t shared in her social media but you are just basically assuming (stereotyping) that she is lazy and overeats. She could also be consultant led for a completely different reason but, again, you are just assuming it’s due to her weight. Maybe stick to what we do know and stop being cruel.

Reactions: 10
I hope you are a perfect body of health, eating your five a day and exercising daily on that high and mighty pedestal of yours.

How horribly judgemental.!

Reactions: 13
It’s a very emotive subject. I think we should move on.

My issue is how Lori seems to think her baby will fit it with her aesthetically pleasing ideas. She’s in for such a shock!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s a very emotive subject. I think we should move on.

My issue is how Lori seems to think her baby will fit it with her aesthetically pleasing ideas. She’s in for such a shock!
I’m so excited to see the beige dresses and beige shoes and complex outfits get tit on tbh

Reactions: 6
What I find nuts here is she isn't even that big! She's well covered but she's not colossal by any means

Reactions: 11
I have a high BMI never saw a consultant once during pregnancy, my baby was born a pretty normal healthy weight. Being over weight doesn’t make you a bad parent! Anyways.

Yes she’s in for a shock babies love colour etc. The beige stuff won’t work. Her lovely house is about to be filled with lots of bright coloured plastic tat!!

Reactions: 6
Anyway, who cares.

Can’t wait to see her with a baby, she’s a total control freak. My guess is she’ll disappear from insta for a few weeks until she’s got her tit together and pretend it’s all perfect.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone ever considered the fact that may she has a hormonal imbalance or PCOS or something else that causes weight gain? Underactive thyroid, etc?

I went through such a dark period of my life just after I got married and we all went into lockdown. I piled on four stone even though I was eating sensibly and exercising. Went to the drs to be told I just needed to lose weight and it was lockdown's fault...

After months and months of telling them it wasn't, tracking calories, exercising, etc. I was eventually told the weight was still going on due to a hormone imbalance which I would never have known about and wasn't anything to do with how I ate. I'm currently ttc and although I have lost some of the four stone I'm heavier than I've ever been and in the overweight BMI category. I am now getting the medical help that I need, but had I not have constantly gone to the Drs I'd probably now be 6 stone heavier. I still worry about my weight and feel self conscious and people on this thread really don't help. Weight is so personal!

I feel really sad reading this thread bcus now it makes me think how people will view me if I do conceive yet the weight gain wasn't even my fault. I don't overeat and I exercise. There are always two sides to a story and we have no idea if she's been battling through something like this or not.

Being overweight has nothing to do with how you are as a parent. I'm overweight, but I'm still active. I'm still trying to be the healthiest I can be for my child and people need to realise that hormones and body types play a HUGE part in how we look physically on the outside, but doesn't mean we look like that on the inside.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Has anyone ever considered the fact that may she has a hormonal imbalance or PCOS or something else that causes weight gain? Underactive thyroid, etc?

I went through such a dark period of my life just after I got married and we all went into lockdown. I piled on four stone even though I was eating sensibly and exercising. Went to the drs to be told I just needed to lose weight and it was lockdown's fault...

After months and months of telling them it wasn't, tracking calories, exercising, etc. I was eventually told the weight was still going on due to a hormone imbalance which I would never have known about and wasn't anything to do with how I ate. I'm currently ttc and although I have lost some of the four stone I'm heavier than I've ever been and in the overweight BMI category. I am now getting the medical help that I need, but had I not have constantly gone to the Drs I'd probably now be 6 stone heavier. I still worry about my weight and feel self conscious and people on this thread really don't help. Weight is so personal!

I feel really sad reading this thread bcus now it makes me think how people will view me if I do conceive yet the weight gain wasn't even my fault. I don't overeat and I exercise. There are always two sides to a story and we have no idea if she's been battling through something like this or not.

Being overweight has nothing to do with how you are as a parent. I'm overweight, but I'm still active. I'm still trying to be the healthiest I can be for my child and people need to realise that hormones and body types play a HUGE part in how we look physically on the outside, but doesn't mean we look like that on the inside.
You’re going to be a great parent x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it’s fairly obvious the person making the unkind comments isn’t a doctor or healthcare professional so we can just ignore how vile some people can be about weight and get back to being vile about other things 😂

Reactions: 8
I think it’s fairly obvious the person making the unkind comments isn’t a doctor or healthcare professional so we can just ignore how vile some people can be about weight and get back to being vile about other things 😂
not vile at all. Factual. One of you should advise the NHS that their medical advice is incorrect and that the doctors of Tattle require it to be changed. Also should change the rules that you aren’t eligible for IVF if your BMI is high too...obviously that’s also incorrect.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
not vile at all. Factual. One of you should advise the NHS that their medical advice is incorrect and that the doctors of Tattle require it to be changed. Also should change the rules that you aren’t eligible for IVF if your BMI is high too...obviously that’s also incorrect.
Get a bleeping life

Reactions: 8
Exactly my argument! Just that one poster being judgemental!

[/QUOTE

Reactions: 1