PCOS

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took myo-insositol i didn’t notice it helped my pcos drastically maybe helped weight loss but I was only on it just over a month and fell pregnant so stopped taking it when I found out. They do say it takes a few month to notice. I don’t know if it helped me convince or was just a coincidence but we had been trying for over a year so I definitely think it helped us catch on. Years ago I was on metformin I didn’t think that didn’t much for me apart from upset my stomach but everyone is different
I'm also experiencing the same with metformin, I've been on it for two months now and it isn't doing anything that I can notice but has given me upset stomach. My main concern is I'm having to take the progestogen pills to induce a bleed but all my bleeds I'm having are really light, like spotting. Apparently one of the things that this could mean is that I'm not ovulating and this further worries my chances about fertility 😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I tried inositol for four months, found it gave me painful boobs and period pains, which I don't normally get. I've moved onto berberine as I'd like to lose a little weight and I've found it to be better for weightloss without the side effects of inositol

Does anyone have any other endocrine conditions? I also have hyperprolactinemia and hyperhydrosis and I'm sure they must all be linked. Just curious if anyone else has potentially associated conditions? My hormones bleeping hate me lmao.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any other endocrine conditions? I also have hyperprolactinemia and hyperhydrosis and I'm sure they must all be linked. Just curious if anyone else has potentially associated conditions? My hormones bleeping hate me lmao.
I don’t actually have PCOS (just was on this thread as I thought I did as I have all the symptoms!) but am still trying to get diagnosed for a couple of other things - anyway one of these has turned out to be an underactive thyroid.

Bit of crossover with the typical PCOS symptoms I get x

I'm also experiencing the same with metformin, I've been on it for two months now and it isn't doing anything that I can notice but has given me upset stomach. My main concern is I'm having to take the progestogen pills to induce a bleed but all my bleeds I'm having are really light, like spotting. Apparently one of the things that this could mean is that I'm not ovulating and this further worries my chances about fertility 😩
Yes the metformin played havoc with me I said i wouldn’t go back on it but it works for some people. Try not to worry I know it’s easier said than done but some people have naturally light periods and doesn’t mean anything. I was waiting to start clomid which is a fertility treatment to induce ovulation as I was told by the gynaecologist I wasn’t ovulating or if it I was it was very rarely. I could go 3-4 months without a period. The cycles before I feel pregnant were all 50+ days, I have no idea why I actually ovulated if it was the myo-inositol or I just randomly did. Like I say I know it’s easier said then done but there is lots of help you can get if your worried when it comes to fertility ❤

• Heart
Yes the metformin played havoc with me I said i wouldn’t go back on it but it works for some people. Try not to worry I know it’s easier said than done but some people have naturally light periods and doesn’t mean anything. I was waiting to start clomid which is a fertility treatment to induce ovulation as I was told by the gynaecologist I wasn’t ovulating or if it I was it was very rarely. I could go 3-4 months without a period. The cycles before I feel pregnant were all 50+ days, I have no idea why I actually ovulated if it was the myo-inositol or I just randomly did. Like I say I know it’s easier said then done but there is lots of help you can get if your worried when it comes to fertility ❤
Thanks so much for your reassurance, I haven't been able to switch off or stop worrying 😭 I'm glad you managed to have children, I hope I can get to one day also. That's been my main concern. Seeing posts like yours gives me a tiny glimmer of faith 🤞🏻

• Heart
Thanks so much for your reassurance, I haven't been able to switch off or stop worrying 😭 I'm glad you managed to have children, I hope I can get to one day also. That's been my main concern. Seeing posts like yours gives me a tiny glimmer of faith 🤞🏻
I have everything crossed for you and I’m sure you will. Sometimes things take a little longer with pcos but definitely not impossible. It doesn’t help that a lot of doctors have little understanding of it

Reactions: 1
I have everything crossed for you and I’m sure you will. Sometimes things take a little longer with pcos but definitely not impossible. It doesn’t help that a lot of doctors have little understanding of it
Thank you ☺ Exactly, in my experience my endocrinologist is doom and gloom and doesn't fill me with any hope that I can have children whenever I speak to them and gp's don't seem to be clued up or know much about pcos either so it sorta leaves you feeling in the dark.

Thank you ☺ Exactly, in my experience my endocrinologist is doom and gloom and doesn't fill me with any hope that I can have children whenever I speak to them and gp's don't seem to be clued up or know much about pcos either so it sorta leaves you feeling in the dark.
It really does and you get such conflicting advice but there is lots that can be done ❤

• Heart
I have no official diagnosis as a pelvic scan showed nothing but I've had most PCOS symptoms for 7-8 years now :( It really gets me down. I get a lot of excess sweating too, especially during changes in temperature - does anyone else have the same? It's all over the body, not localized, which apparently means it's a symptom of another condition, not just sweating on its own.

I have no official diagnosis as a pelvic scan showed nothing but I've had most PCOS symptoms for 7-8 years now :(
Have you had bloody tests? As I had no cysts when I had my scan but they diagnosed me based on my bloods and my oily/spotty skin

Have you had bloody tests? As I had no cysts when I had my scan but they diagnosed me based on my bloods and my oily/spotty skin
I had some very expensive private blood tests a few years ago which were inconclusive apart from elevated DHEA levels which can be a sign of PCOS, but the Dr was reluctant to do anything apart from suggest some vitamins. It confused me because how can I have nearly every symptom yet they won't diagnose me?! I've had acne for half my life over my entire body, excess hair for nearly 10 years, irregular periods, belly weight, depression for 10+ years...the symptoms just never end. It's destroyed my confidence in myself

• Heart
I've recently been diagnosed and told to lose weight. I was planning on trying to exercise more even before this diagnosis, but I prefer not thinking about my diet. Long story but I had a bad relationship with food in my early twenties and since then I eat healthily but didn't beat myself up about an extra slice of toast in the morning or a square of chocolate before bed. It used to take up so much brain space worrying about food and already I feel that happening - feeling guilty and crabby and I don't like it.

I am hoping increased exercise will help and only slight diet shifts (I already eat a lot of veg/ particularly broccoli/ don't drink soda/ eat few processed foods/ make my own bread) but has anyone else experienced something similar? Having a bad relationship with food/ having a good relationship/ now possibly needing to think about food again?

Any advice/ suggestions would be appreciated!

• Heart
I have no official diagnosis as a pelvic scan showed nothing but I've had most PCOS symptoms for 7-8 years now :( It really gets me down. I get a lot of excess sweating too, especially during changes in temperature - does anyone else have the same? It's all over the body, not localized, which apparently means it's a symptom of another condition, not just sweating on its own.
It was first suspected I had PCOS in my teens and following a pelvic scan they decided I didn't have it as there were no cysts. Fast forward to my late 20's another doctor repeated the same tests and I had characteristic string of pearls cysts - so clear scans don't necessarily mean anything! I have hyperhydrosis and it makes my life absolutely miserable, although mine is localised I do strongly believe the PCOS etc are all linked.

I've recently been diagnosed and told to lose weight. I was planning on trying to exercise more even before this diagnosis, but I prefer not thinking about my diet. Long story but I had a bad relationship with food in my early twenties and since then I eat healthily but didn't beat myself up about an extra slice of toast in the morning or a square of chocolate before bed. It used to take up so much brain space worrying about food and already I feel that happening - feeling guilty and crabby and I don't like it.

I am hoping increased exercise will help and only slight diet shifts (I already eat a lot of veg/ particularly broccoli/ don't drink soda/ eat few processed foods/ make my own bread) but has anyone else experienced something similar? Having a bad relationship with food/ having a good relationship/ now possibly needing to think about food again?

I've come across this thread as I think it's very likely I have PCOS (I've got 2 out of the 3 main symptoms and I am waiting for my ultrasound. It's honestly shocked me so much to the point I was crying for most of today). I've been reading everyone's posts, and wanted to say that even though I don't have a lot of advice or suggestions for you, you should feel such a sense of strength to overcome a rough relationship with food and be in a place where you are eating healthily and being emotionally gentler to yourself - it's a huge thing! The only suggestion that comes to my mind is making sure you have someone you can talk to (like a therapist or a person you feel completely at ease with and trust). I do relate to having a good/bad relationship with food and constantly being told to lose weight which doesn't help. I'm aware that I am big, but being told I am big does not help me - or many people - lose weight. I've even told people/doctors in the past how unhelpful they are being by saying that and not following up with practical advice or resources I can use. I wish more healthcare professionals handled this topic with greater compassion and sensitivity because it's so clear that everyone with PCOS is doing their best every single day. I want to give you - and everyone - a really big hug. This is a very tough thing to experience and live with

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Don't have much advice unfortunately, but wanted to say I have had disordered eating in the past and being told losing weight will help when I already eat very careful and I'm medically a 'healthy weight' was very distressing. Not to say ignore your doctor, but I think its very unhelpful if they tell you to lose weight but don't talk to your about your lifestyle/history first for a better understanding of your situation! Sometimes it feels like they just give you a checklist of things that help 'most' people.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if there’s a thread on here for other gynaecological issues? Or maybe someone here can help? As I’ve said on this thread before I always thought I had PCOS but looks like I don’t (I have symptoms but my bloods are fine and I don’t have multiple ovarian cysts). It’s looking like I might have endometriosis though, and I’ve been referred to the hospital.

Just wondered if anyone knows what I can expect when I get my appointment? I know that a laparoscopy is likely but just anxious about what else might be on the cards or what will happen when I first go x

Does anyone know if there’s a thread on here for other gynaecological issues? Or maybe someone here can help? As I’ve said on this thread before I always thought I had PCOS but looks like I don’t (I have symptoms but my bloods are fine and I don’t have multiple ovarian cysts). It’s looking like I might have endometriosis though, and I’ve been referred to the hospital.

Just wondered if anyone knows what I can expect when I get my appointment? I know that a laparoscopy is likely but just anxious about what else might be on the cards or what will happen when I first go x
there's an endometriosis thread on here, I'm on it too and lots of us talk about our experiences on there - you might find it helpful 💘

• Heart