PCOS

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really lucky that I had regular (agonising, heavy and long) periods before I had the Depo. I’m even more fortunate to have had two children.

I’ve always carried my weight on my stomach and I am obese, I’m trying to address it as now I’m reaching 30 I’ve noticed my symptoms are worsening.

Has anyone got any tips for weight loss? I take Inositol.
I have been bombarded by a sponsored post on IG by a Cyster and Dietitian that says Gluten and Dairy need to be cut out for those with Insulin resistancr, and you should focus on low intensity workouts.. has anyone tried that?

Sorry if I’m bleating on.. I’m a bit all over the place I guess!

Low carb all the way. I have been doing it and I’ve seen effective weight loss, it’s easy to get into. I personally can’t do keto as I need my veg. I also urge you to keep active and exercise around it, which I know is easier said than done when you’re in a slump and feel knackered. I find it really helps with my mental well being, particularly as certain parts of my cycle I can be a demon. The moment I stopped related exercise to weight loss is when my whole outlook changed. I always used to stop my routines as I didn’t see any difference when actually my emotional health was thriving. Good luck. I know it’s a bleeping killer. I have managed to get down to a 16..Ish from an 18. It’s a slow process but you will get there. I carry my weight massively around my stomach too.

Reactions: 2
I agree with @theghosttown about low carb. I tend to stay away from all ‘white’ carbs & couldn’t do keto as I love veg too much. Especially when I saw how many net carbs were in my Sunday dinner 😂
I have bad PCOS. I haven’t ovulated once in over 9 years 😔 the pain is unbearable. I’m hoping to go on to metformin at some point this year, as I would like to try for a baby next year.
I’ve managed to get from a size 18-20 down to a comfortable 14 now (BMI still says I’m well overweight!) and it’s literally down to consistency. Exercising even when I’m flowing a dam keeps me going, just keep doing it and it does come of. It’s taken me years to get here, but I just keep going.Instagram has an amazing community of weightloss and PCOS support. Maybe try that?Posting my food keeps me accountable too 😅 lol

After a lotttttt of research, I found a herbal equivalent to metformin called “Berberine”. I take 500mg 3 times a day. I read a study about people taking metformin, Berberine and placebo and Berberine came out as being the most effective.
ive been taking it for 3 weeks so still not sure if it’s working for me yet. Im trying this as my gp told me he won’t prescribe me metformin and has to come from a gynaecologist of which I am seeing next month. We’ve been trying for over a year now with no help so I will try anything!
P.s. I’m missing my veg too 😤🤣

Reactions: 1
I’ve never ever been offered Metformin. So I was hoping if I could prove I could lose weight I might be prescribed it? As soon as I talk to anyone from America they seem to be given so many pills to combat it/help and I’m left with a pat on the back and that’s it 😂
Can we talk hair? My goatee is driving me mad!

I’ve never ever been offered Metformin. So I was hoping if I could prove I could lose weight I might be prescribed it? As soon as I talk to anyone from America they seem to be given so many pills to combat it/help and I’m left with a pat on the back and that’s it 😂
Can we talk hair? My goatee is driving me mad!
I only got told it was an option when they realised my ovaries are covered in cysts 😑😑 god knows what they are going to do when I go next month I’m dreading it 😭
I track my cervical position and mucus (horrible I know) and I have noticed I seem to be where I should be in my cycle since taking Berberine. Unlike me as I don’t have a cycle! Still unsure if I even ovulate as they have never tested me 😠

Don’t even get me started on the bears situation 😭😨 I wax mine but could do it every 3 days. I’ve actually ruined one side of skin on my tash due to waxing too often 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

My ovaries were covered in cysts and the pain was unbearable so they booked me a scan. Told me it was bad. And gave me Zapain 😂 that was it. I told them I wanted to see if I even ovulate so they gave me a blood form and when I got a period I had to go down, get tested and wait for results. Always came back the same. Negative. They said to track my period but I can go 8months + without one and then it can come out of the blue.
So many levels of PCOS. My sister has apparently got diagnosed with it. She’s got 5 kids and the last one was planned. Within 2 weeks she was pregnant. And theres me. Within 2 weeks I look like I should star in Planet of the Apes.

My ovaries were covered in cysts and the pain was unbearable so they booked me a scan. Told me it was bad. And gave me Zapain 😂 that was it. I told them I wanted to see if I even ovulate so they gave me a blood form and when I got a period I had to go down, get tested and wait for results. Always came back the same. Negative. They said to track my period but I can go 8months + without one and then it can come out of the blue.
So many levels of PCOS. My sister has apparently got diagnosed with it. She’s got 5 kids and the last one was planned. Within 2 weeks she was pregnant. And theres me. Within 2 weeks I look like I should star in Planet of the Apes.
This is me!! I’m exactly the same! I can go months without then sometimes have 2 in three weeks.
My sister has also been “diagnosed” too. She had 2 kids, both planned with no complications apart from the second taking a little longer to convince than she would of liked. By that I mean 2 Months. 😑 it’s so disheartening.
She often says to me “well I have it and I’ve got 2 kids”. Yeah well, ive been trying for over a year so, go suck a dick and stop rubbing it in 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Completely feel you! Because they have it, you should instantly fall pregnant too. I mean I can’t. I’m gay 😂 that’s why we need more planning but even then I just don’t ovulate.
My sister is a lot heavier than me too which made it even worse at the time. I’m slugging my guts trying to get into a decent weight range for GP and she’s on the sofa knocked up after planning the baby for little less time than it took to plan my dinner.
FFS I sound so bitter I know 😂 but I’ve never met anyone with my struggles. No periods for months, hair like Goliath, cyst acne/in my tubes, pain.

Completely feel you! Because they have it, you should instantly fall pregnant too. I mean I can’t. I’m gay 😂 that’s why we need more planning but even then I just don’t ovulate.
My sister is a lot heavier than me too which made it even worse at the time. I’m slugging my guts trying to get into a decent weight range for GP and she’s on the sofa knocked up after planning the baby for little less time than it took to plan my dinner.
FFS I sound so bitter I know 😂 but I’ve never met anyone with my struggles. No periods for months, hair like Goliath, cyst acne/in my tubes, pain.
I feel ya sista 🤣🤣
It took me years to even get diagnosed and that’s was only because I went private after getting no where with nhs! I’ve never had a proper cycle and they always said it was normal 🤨 erm okay 🤦🏼‍♀️
I only had a scan beginning of January after having a lot of pain for weeks and weeks and that’s when they just causally told me both sides are completely covered now. Thanks!!
Im hoping I actually get somewhere when I go next month but I’m not holding my breath! I’ve been losing weight as I know when I do they will tell me to do rhat so if I get one step ahead, hopefully they won’t use that against helping me!!
Sometimes I feel like the whole world is against me and I’m fighting a losing battle. I’ve stopped saying “when we have a baby” and changed it to “if”. I really have given up 🥺 I know I shouldn’t and positive thinking and all that jazz but it’s blooming hard work 😓

@KfBr aww I feel you 🤗 It’s so hard to have faith when you can not control something. They are so flippant with the condition, instantly think to the having-babies mentality but in all roundedness, there’s so much more to it. The pain, the hormones, the mental health side, the heavy heavy flows, the no flows but the symptoms, the weight gain. Then people tell you to be patient? duck off Susan!
I genuinely have to wear nappies now when I’m on because the flow it just so bad. It’s agonising. I usually take around 8-12 Zapain/Tramadol them days along with a few sleepers. No one understands the pain.
I won’t sit here and tell you it’s all going to be ok, because that’s a crappy thing to say but you’ll be ok. Start pushing them for blood ovulation tests. Don’t do home one’s. I believe you go one week after your end day of period. Do that every time you finish, maybe you might have a pattern? One period no but the next yes. I have faith because I need to. Gets me through the days.

@KfBr aww I feel you 🤗 It’s so hard to have faith when you can not control something. They are so flippant with the condition, instantly think to the having-babies mentality but in all roundedness, there’s so much more to it. The pain, the hormones, the mental health side, the heavy heavy flows, the no flows but the symptoms, the weight gain. Then people tell you to be patient? duck off Susan!
I genuinely have to wear nappies now when I’m on because the flow it just so bad. It’s agonising. I usually take around 8-12 Zapain/Tramadol them days along with a few sleepers. No one understands the pain.
I won’t sit here and tell you it’s all going to be ok, because that’s a crappy thing to say but you’ll be ok. Start pushing them for blood ovulation tests. Don’t do home one’s. I believe you go one week after your end day of period. Do that every time you finish, maybe you might have a pattern? One period no but the next yes. I have faith because I need to. Gets me through the days.
Don’t you just want to punch them in the face 🤣🤣🤣🤣 they have no idea! When I explained to people allllll the stuff I have to deal with they are shocked 😨 people just think it’s so simple and just the one thing but I wish they knew! And when you start researching you just go deeper and deeper into so much stuff 🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s like a bla
I’m hoping when I go next month they will start to test me more and give me some answers! It’s going to be a long process I think but hopefully it will get us somewhere!
Well, if you ever need a vent, I can be that person to vent to!
I definitely need to be more like you on the having faith front ❣

Googling PCOS is a rabbit hole for sure lol All I’ve learnt is to cut back on carbs and weightlifting. I do heavy cardio once a week and just wing it.
I’ll have the faith for you until you find it yourself. And that offer stems to you too. Inbox always open if you need to rant! 💓

• Heart
Hi all! I know this thread isn’t too busy but I have just ordered a 3 months supply of Inofolic alpha. My cycle has been a bit all over the place and I have noticed a lot of hair shedding... frustrating as this has come off the back of a 1.5 stone weight loss. If any of you are interested I can update you with how I get on with it?

I was diagnosed at age 15, they never gave me any medical options. I know that metformin is used for diabetes but can anyone shed light on why it’s used for PCOS?

I was diagnosed at age 15, they never gave me any medical options. I know that metformin is used for diabetes but can anyone shed light on why it’s used for PCOS?
PCOS effects our insulin levels and metformin helps regulate them. Cutting carbs and sugar massively helps insulin levels and helps symptoms 😁
I’ve done a lot of research and there is so much more to PCOS than you think!

PCOS effects our insulin levels and metformin helps regulate them. Cutting carbs and sugar massively helps insulin levels and helps symptoms 😁
I’ve done a lot of research and there is so much more to PCOS than you think!
Thank you! Diabetes runs in my family so I know they take metformin for that but didn’t know PCOS also effects insulin! I haven’t done enough research on it since I was diagnosed as a teen and kind of just ignored it and the dr just ignored it too! (My main problem was the body hair at the time nothing else). Will definitely need to research more into and how it effects me/will effect my future

• Heart