PCOS

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! I know this thread isn’t too busy but I have just ordered a 3 months supply of Inofolic alpha. My cycle has been a bit all over the place and I have noticed a lot of hair shedding... frustrating as this has come off the back of a 1.5 stone weight loss. If any of you are interested I can update you with how I get on with it?
Can I please ask how did you loose the 1.5 stone in weight? I’ve just started taking inofolic and I’m at my heaviest and I feel awful. I really need to loose weight. How do you take the inofolic too, as it stated meal supliment on the packet?

Try Berberine, I know it was mentioned on the first page but it's worth looking into. Similar to metformin but it is a supplement I suppose? Helps with insulin resistance and that can help with weight loss.
For some people, it can also reduce the appetite hormone, so you'd not feel as hungry all the time. BUT I would warn you to make sure you're still eating the right amount and not undereating! The bottles typically say how you should take it, but I'd start with just the one pill a day, as some people report an upset tummy (I didn't have this), so you just want to see how you feel. It may not be the one for you but worth a shot if you can take it.
I also take inositol alongside it.

Oh and sorry to add, I get bombared with the cyster and her mister too and it's annoying. I think reducing dairy can be great but not everyone has to cut it out and plus you run the risk of being restrictive! I think making switches from milk to nut milks can be an easy switch, but I guess it depends on how much milk you drink! I personally haven't drank real milk for years and only have it in coffee and tea. Just see where you can make swaps, rather than completely omitting it in the beginning (or ever really). As for gluten-free, I guess if you have an intolerance then it's worth omitting, but again could just lead you down the path to being restrictive. And also like others have said reducing carbs is a good shout, can always switch to wholewheat stuff and have less of it. And weight training too!

Last edited: