Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KfBr

VIP Member
Well I got pregnant (with IVF) so that was my main benefit 😊

I don’t have diagnosed PCOS just some markers of it when they did scans etc, so I took it Incase my blood sugars were affecting my hormones which in turn would affect egg quality.

For those hoping to be prescribed metformin, Inositol does much the same job only without the side effects (I had shocking nausea even on the smallest dose)

Just had a look at it, I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t take inositol alongside.

I was taking - zita west vitafem 1 and vitafem 2, inositol, ubiquinol, vitamin d and omega 3. And had a vitamin c drink every day.

Thanks. Do you know how many mg you took? 😃

KfBr

VIP Member
Does anyone have any advice regarding caffeine?
I also suffer from ME so I’m always tired and use caffeine to keep me going 😤
I’ve read all different things about it but what do you guys think/advise?
My husband is also an absolute caffeine addict and I know it’s bad for his fertility too 😬

KfBr

VIP Member
Thank you so much, this is so helpful.

I know its so hard to get despondent about it but keep going. We are all in the same boat and can all be an ear for you. Im currently trying to focus on weight loss at the moment, hopefully all else will fall in place!x
Your more than welcome 😍

I’m feeling the same way, I’m on the Keto diet and it’s been proven to be amazing for fertility issues including PCOS. I love half a stone in 2 weeks which for me is really good! It’s a challenge but worth it. Have a read about it 😃 x

p.s. thank you 🥰

Shmebulock

The only diet that has had an effect for me is Michael Mosley's blood sugar diet. I managed to lose over a stone and fell pregnant within a month, after trying to conceive for over 3 years. Unfortunately I'm at my most heaviest now but I'm going to go back on it 👍🤞

theghosttown

VIP Member
Your more than welcome 😍

I’m feeling the same way, I’m on the Keto diet and it’s been proven to be amazing for fertility issues including PCOS. I love half a stone in 2 weeks which for me is really good! It’s a challenge but worth it. Have a read about it 😃 x

p.s. thank you 🥰
I'm exactly the same!!! I'm not doing Keto but im trying super hard to stick to 30g carbs. Low carb is 1000000000% the way forward for me, it's the only diet I have really seen any progress on. Im just not a huge fatty meat lover and I do really enjoy my veg so wouldn't stick to Keto. I've been really rubbish on my carb control recently but feel a new motivation to get back on it! Just need to cut out beer and prosecco which are my vices!!!x

KfBr

VIP Member
I'm exactly the same!!! I'm not doing Keto but im trying super hard to stick to 30g carbs. Low carb is 1000000000% the way forward for me, it's the only diet I have really seen any progress on. Im just not a huge fatty meat lover and I do really enjoy my veg so wouldn't stick to Keto. I've been really rubbish on my carb control recently but feel a new motivation to get back on it! Just need to cut out beer and prosecco which are my vices!!!x
I struggled with the fat part when I first started and I love veg but I’m used to it now 😂 I use MCT oil on cooking to up my fat. Low carb is definitely the way forward for us suffering. Bloody hard work!! I don’t drink thankfully 🙈 The things we do. I would do anything for a healthy reproductive system 😂😂😂 and a baby 😭 I’m currently surrounded by friends who are pregnant or just had babies so it’s hard to come to terms with x

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
I’m really struggling with the facial hair side of things. I’m having to shave pretty much everyday. Anyone got any tips or things that they found help keep it at bay just a bit more than 24 hours?!

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Does anyone have thinning hair with PCOS? Mine used to he thick when I was young but the last 6 years has seen it go whispy. My hairdresser says i have fine hair but lots of it. It won't hold a curl no matter what, I can't do them back combed poofs or any kind of style for that matter. I am considering a hair topper as I'm getting a bit self concious about it now.

Oily skin anyone? Mine is under control as long as i stick to my skincare routine. Oily scalp too, not much I can do about that though.

Period? Whats one of them then? I got into a routine of like every 8 weeks or so but nothing for ages.

I hate this.

KfBr

VIP Member
Just posted this in the other pcos thread but thought it might be worth posting in here. I’ve just bought a 3 months supply of inafolic alpha. Can post about my thoughts on here if anyone would be interested. I took metformin but hated it so my gynae told me to take inofolic as it is far better. The alpha version is new so thought I would make a real effort to give it a whirl. I’ve had an increase in symptoms off the back of a 1.5 stone weight loss which is very fucking frustrating!!! Noticed my cycles going up to 35 days and a lot of hair loss when washing my hair...grrr!! Hopefully this will help!
Do you know if you can take this along side folic acid or will it be too much? I’m on prescription folic acid and came off all my other supplements when I started that as most have it in!
❣

Justlooking19

Just posted this in the other pcos thread but thought it might be worth posting in here. I’ve just bought a 3 months supply of inafolic alpha. Can post about my thoughts on here if anyone would be interested. I took metformin but hated it so my gynae told me to take inofolic as it is far better. The alpha version is new so thought I would make a real effort to give it a whirl. I’ve had an increase in symptoms off the back of a 1.5 stone weight loss which is very fucking frustrating!!! Noticed my cycles going up to 35 days and a lot of hair loss when washing my hair...grrr!! Hopefully this will help!
Yea please I’ve had two stone weight gain though, so sad about it.......and symptoms are going wild. I take 150mg of metformin daily x.

theghosttown

VIP Member
Do you know if you can take this along side folic acid or will it be too much? I’m on prescription folic acid and came off all my other supplements when I started that as most have it in!
❣
Oooooooo I’m not sure, I’m sorry. Let me see if I can get in contact with them and find out for you x

KfBr

VIP Member
I know, it is very hard and its quite hard to talk about to friends and family too. I'm not THE most broody person in the world but I'm 31 now and I seem to be struggling with the more natural in built maternal instinct I have. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way and really hope it works out for you c
My family keep buying me baby things when they know the situation 😠😖 And getting my 5yo niece to ask when I’m having a baby 😑 So biting my tongue is hard!
thank you so much, and you too🥰

Sp20191

VIP Member
Hi ladies!
Giving this thread a follow as I am also a pcos sufferer 😣
I agree with all that has been said. We are currently trying for a baby and have been since January.
I lost 3.5 stone 2 years ago and had regular periods but unsure if I was ovulating every month. Since then I have put the weight back on due to life being very hectic!!
I am now back on the weight loss and trying to not think about a baby too much.
Doctors have advised me to lose weight as it helps massively to try and keep a healthy weight but, it is also a mission on its own getting the weight off due to pcos 😑Obviously, tracking ovulation is like pissing in the wind for me so I’m just at the fingers crossed and see what happens stage!
Looking forward to seeing what people have to say! Have been looking out for a thread like this for a while.
😁😁
It took me 13 months to conceive my 2nd! We had to have sex every single day because I couldn’t pinpoint ovulation but eventually we got there, good luck to you xx

Justlooking19

I have recently started taking vitamin b12 Cyanocobalamin) however after reading the leaflet I close with vitamins it states tell dr....
does anyone know if metformin stops the absorption of the vitamin. Phoned drs and the receptionist asked nurse, she said ok to take. But that’s not what I asked 🙄 I asked if effects absorption and I asked receptionist to ask dr.....

Attachments

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Hi I know this is a wee bit off topic but I think I have pcos - if I go to my GP (also gynae) what will she do? I’m terrified of needles/blood tests and really struggle to have them done, it’s always put me off getting an appointment because I’ve been told they have to take bloods to diagnose you. I thought it was a scan 😬

KfBr

VIP Member
Hi everyone 👋
I have PCOS and just wanted to give you all a different kind of story.
I lost quite a bit of weight and went from a 22 to a 14 following slimming world and doing regular exercise. I got with my husband and we spoke about having children and straight away I made it no secret that it was either going to take forever or never happen.
I was told that we had to actively try for 1 year before they offered us any fertility help, I never took and medication for my pcos because I wanted to try and lose the weight etc and deal with that when we wanted children.
so the time comes when we decide we would start trying.
I fell pregnant in the first month of trying, I had an early scan because they wanted to check that there was no cysts that could affect the pregnancy and they told me that there was a huge black shadow and I would possible be having a bleed and lose the baby but go back in two weeks..
went back and the large black shadow they saw ended up being....
ANOTHER BABY!!!
Please stay positive and believe that anything can happen.

Oh, and I’m back to being 18 stone and a size 20 😂 but I’ll take that any day after having my miracles
Wow that’s incredible 😍😍😍😍 congratulates 🥰💗

KfBr

VIP Member
It took me 13 months to conceive my 2nd! We had to have sex every single day because I couldn’t pinpoint ovulation but eventually we got there, good luck to you xx

Thank you so much. 💓
So glad it happened for you! Xx