Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
Hi! I’ve on off lost weight badly. I’m my biggest I’ve started calorie counting. Nothing off limits. I know I have seen articles about gluten free and dairy free but personally I don’t do that. It’s taken me 6 weeks to lose a stone it will slow down more form now but I am short and have a lot of weight to lose. I think calorie counting has helped me I’m not exactly into fitness neither which I know us pcos ladies should be but I am not.
I once did a shake diet but it clearly for me wasn’t long term I’ve down WW I’ve done SW which I lost No weight on neither.
My doctors weren’t interest the same your fat which isn’t helping but your pcos is making you fat shit all the Time. The only help was given me those tablets that make you shit oil sorry to make anyone feel sick and then told to crack on as I didn’t feel it was healthy for any body to have that in them.
Best of luck to all as I know it’s hard and shit and I’m really just learning ways to start shedding excess weight as that’s the worse thing with pcos with me I’m around 6/7 stone I need to get off before I get in the over weight category 😔
x

Reactions: 1

Sp20191

VIP Member
I followed slimming world and lost a few stone but have since put it back on, I find having PCOS it’s hard to keep it off!

Carrie2019

I take metformin for my PCOS which helps. My periods are still screwed though. I have a 1 day period every 35 days. I’m trying SW at the moment and trying to only eat brown carbs...

I reduced my caffeine drastically for IVF but tbh it was more that i quit Diet Coke because of the additives, so therefore had less caffeine x

Chewycinema

Chatty Member
I found I kept weight off more easily when I was a vegetarian. Did that in my mid 20s til I met my partner and he brought me back to the dark side.
I followed a slimming world esque diet for a couple of months... the first month I lost a stone, then the next found out I was pregnant (which was a surprise considering we weren't trying and I'd been working night shift most of the month before) and now I've got a 6 month old 😂

• Heart

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
So I heard Laura Anderson mention that she’d been taking DIM on a Q&A so I did a little bit of research and decided to take the plunge and order some ... I’ve lost 4lb in 2 weeks and my period is the lightest it’s ever been!! I’m going to order some more ... it may just be a coinsidence but I’m feeling great and the hair on my face is noticeably less too!!

I followed a plan while preparing for IVF that is also recommended for PCOS. Often with PCOS the body is unable to regulate blood sugars and can be insulin resistant. Therefore you need to avoid foods that are high in refined carbs and sugars. So basically any white breads / pasta etc. And obviously really sugary sweets and cakes. You’re going to want to eat higher fibre carbs, and get plenty of fibre in your diet in general. Anti inflammatory foods are good too.

I took a supplement called Inositol which can help to balance blood sugars and also reduce the effects of PCOS. You can buy it online, I got mine from Zita West.

Justlooking19

I take metformin and to start will I lost weight ( nearly stone)
Now I’ll put back on and struggling to stop craving and always give into them

Noname12345

Chatty Member
Does anyone get random spells once in a blue moon of extreme exhaustion? Right now I’m so tired. Which makes me want sooo desperately to eat crap food and be lazy (which I’m forcing myself not to do). Honestly stood against the shower wall at 7.30pm the other night with my eyes shut and could literally have fallen asleep there.
Yes. I feel so tired/drowsy like after taking sleeping pills. I find that well balanced food helps.

leigh213

VIP Member
This topic is one I've been following but I'm in a REAL conundrum here because I also have gastroparesis and possible POTS, so literally with the GP I can only eat starches/ sugar with a sprinkling of lean meats and mushy green beans or else I have spells and am very sick. So Idk how on Earth I'm ever going to get my PCOS in order.

I know this is about meds and not diet but has anyone tried evening primrose oil in capsules for the cysts? I've been told to but I'm nervous for some reason.

KfBr

VIP Member
Apologies that was prob a bit TMI! 🙈😂

Haha, no not at all!
I’m sure the husband will be thrilled to know this could be the way forward 😂😂

I take metformin and to start will I lost weight ( nearly stone)
Now I’ll put back on and struggling to stop craving and always give into them
It is the hardest thing ever but to also need to have your head around it and be ready to do it. I know, easier said than done 😣😣
I have been like this all year and I am finally starting to get my head back in to it again.
Just take it day by day and be realistic.

I have been told metformin is a possibility for me but I have to show i am losing weight before they prescribe them to me 😑

You can do it 💪🏻

Justlooking19

So I heard Laura Anderson mention that she’d been taking DIM on a Q&A so I did a little bit of research and decided to take the plunge and order some ... I’ve lost 4lb in 2 weeks and my period is the lightest it’s ever been!! I’m going to order some more ... it may just be a coinsidence but I’m feeling great and the hair on my face is noticeably less too!!
I’ve never heard off it, but would like to try. Could you tell me what brand and dosage you take xx

KfBr

VIP Member
I have been taking this fertility blend for the past month.
I was just wondering if I could take inositol along side these?

So far so good, I have had 2 periods since taking these which is the unknown for me! There was only 3 week between them but it’s still a huge improvement to my normal cycle.
Sorry about TMI 🙄 just wanted to share my experience 😃

Attachments

RedPanda

This topic is one I've been following but I'm in a REAL conundrum here because I also have gastroparesis and possible POTS, so literally with the GP I can only eat starches/ sugar with a sprinkling of lean meats and mushy green beans or else I have spells and am very sick. So Idk how on Earth I'm ever going to get my PCOS in order.

I know this is about meds and not diet but has anyone tried evening primrose oil in capsules for the cysts? I've been told to but I'm nervous for some reason.
I think it's hard enough having PCOS without another health condition as well. I have diverticular disease and PCOS. I got conflicting diet advice and so asked my GP to refer me to a dietician. They did and I'm waiting for my first appointment now. Might be worth doing the same?

I've not tried Evening Primrose Oil and not heard of it being used in PCOS but will look into it.

For those who've struggled with Metformin, I couldn't tolerate the normal tablets at all. My GP had to clear it with the commissioners but eventually prescribed the modified release version which is much easier on the stomach. I think it varies by area in terms of whether they're willing to fund it but it's definitely worth making a case for trying the modified version.

theghosttown

VIP Member
I’m really struggling with the facial hair side of things. I’m having to shave pretty much everyday. Anyone got any tips or things that they found help keep it at bay just a bit more than 24 hours?!
I have read that laser is really effective. I know it’s hard but could you avoid shaving for a while and waxing as an alternative?

KfBr

VIP Member
What brand of inositol do you use if you don't mind me asking? I've been using inofolic but I keep forgetting to order and would prefer something a bit more cost effective I can buy in bulk!x
I was on inofolic and got to the point in thinking it was so expensive and kept running out! I get mine from amazon now and it’s called “best naturals”.
I also read that mayo inositol was better for PCOS so purchased that from amazon too. That’s what the screen shot is 😃
Been so forgetful at taking mine recently and I’m not having the best of times coming to terms with how long it’s taking us to conceive 😞
wishing you well, whatever you’re PCOS journey may be xx

Attachments

Justlooking19

Don’t beat yourself up, it’s super easy for us to put on weight, this current situation is having an impact on us all. Do you exercise? I have found that has had a real impact on my weight loss albeit losing has made my symptoms worsen!!x
No as so tired all the time 😬

theghosttown

VIP Member
I was on inofolic and got to the point in thinking it was so expensive and kept running out! I get mine from amazon now and it’s called “best naturals”.
I also read that mayo inositol was better for PCOS so purchased that from amazon too. That’s what the screen shot is 😃
Been so forgetful at taking mine recently and I’m not having the best of times coming to terms with how long it’s taking us to conceive 😞
wishing you well, whatever you’re PCOS journey may be xx
Thank you so much, this is so helpful.

I know its so hard to get despondent about it but keep going. We are all in the same boat and can all be an ear for you. Im currently trying to focus on weight loss at the moment, hopefully all else will fall in place!x